“wonderful dining experience”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went with 2 other couples and between the entertainment - an amazing 16 year old opera singer who is on her way to Carnegie Hall - and the dinners - all as good as we've ever had - the evening was a complete success. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank prudypalmer
There are newer reviews for Trattoria Limoncello

Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you want a nice Italian meal, this is the place! From pizza to lasagne, our party enjoyed it all. My salad was really fresh! Service was fine for a busy Friday night and the food was out much sooner than expected--especially with pizza orders. We will go back again soon.

1  Thank Dancisak
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Living in a historic "destination point" in a SW Florida waterfront town that has in excess of 100 eating establishments to choose from sometimes makes the choice of "where to go tonight" challenging at best, especially during our "high season" when all of our seasonal residents decide to return. During this busy time of year, unless you want to have an "early bird" dinner, the wait to be seated in our most popular restaurants in town can be excruciating long. Some times the wait is worth the time and sometimes it's not, but that subject is for future revues. This Italian Restaurant, located a little south of the beaten path of the "down town" eateries has been consistently easy to be seated when arriving for dinner and has consistently good Italian fare. Living in Punta Gorda year round, we do have the luxury of picking and choosing both the time of the year and which day and time to go to Limoncello's for our Italian "fix." We have been there for dinner with only minutes to go before closing and the staff welcomes us as they would have during prime time dinner hours, in or out of season. We have found that the food is always consistently good and the portions are most generous, with experienced servers all very accommodating in their attention to detail while serving and during dinner. And we have never felt any pressure to "hurry up" after the meal, as sometimes is the case in season, in most restaurants. It should be noted, the chef is always willing to adjust a particular menu selection to your taste or create something not on the menu. Personally, I happen to enjoy Chicken Francaise, which is not on the menu, but every time I have asked for it to be prepared, the kitchen has been very accommodating and I have not been disappointed with any meal presented. The prices are affordable and some might say very reasonable for what you receive. The restaurant inside is comfortable with good seating and although the location may not draw the crowds it should, simply by the fact that to find Limoncello's you have to know it's there or you have to know that the proper name of the restaurant is Trattoria Limencello. Otherwise, a simple search for "Limoncello's" in either the phone directory or even on a Google search will produce no results, I know, I've tried. Being a small business owner myself, I would make sure that everybody could find my business through my "brand name" or with simple print advertising, even if it meant taking two listings with the second having the abbreviated "Limoncellos" listed with an address and phone number. I've lived here longer that the restaurant has been in operation in Punta Gorda and until recently, when I searched for the phone number for a friend, I never had known this noteworthy restaurant by any other name than Limoncello's. But, now I do, and I strongly recommend that you try this restaurant and be sure to remember it not only by it's good Italian fare, but by it's correct name - Trattoria Limoncello, in Punta Gorda, Florida. It's worth discovering.

3  Thank Old5anDimer
Reviewed November 9, 2013

On a whim we stopped in this place last night about 7pm. It sits out of the way on Tamiami Trail. The place was packed but we were able to get a table for 2.

Prices range anywhere from $10 on up. I had the Shrimp Fra Diavolo (17.95). Tasted good but there were only 6 shrimp in the entire dish. Kind of pricey for only 6 shrimp. Spouse had Linguine alla Puttanesca ($11.95) which he said was very good. Tons of olives!

Atmosphere was nice. Once they brought our beverages and bread it took the waitress a long time before she came back to take our food order.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a great birthday dinner at Trattoria Limoncello. My veal marsala was delicious, and my husband loved his lasagna. There was plenty to bring home for leftovers. The bread and dip were delicious, and so was the salad. The service was excellent.

1  Thank 2012UWMom