“Great birthday dinner!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a great birthday dinner at Trattoria Limoncello. My veal marsala was delicious, and my husband loved his lasagna. There was plenty to bring home for leftovers. The bread and dip were delicious, and so was the salad. The service was excellent.

1  Thank 2012UWMom

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We visited Limoncello for the second time and will definitely go back. The menu of Italian staples and house specialties does not disappoint. Two in our party had the sausage-peppers-onion in red sauce over pasta. While I meant to save some for the next day's lunch, I couldn't make myself stop until the plate was clean. Others had veal in limoncello sauce and chicken in same sauce. The limoncello sauce is sweet, maybe too sweet for some, but we loved it. The minestrone comes in a generous portion and is delicious. Service is quite good. In both of our visits, there was live music which was good but a little loud for a dinner scene.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have always wanted to try to this restaurant and for the first time, the food did not disappoint my friend and me!

We were originally planning to go to another restaurant in this town but it was closed, so I suggested that we try this Italian restaurant that is situated on Burnt Store Meadows that is south of Punta Gorda.

Not really expecting anything, we ordered the Cozze in Blanco (mussels in white wine), we thought this would be a smaller portion for our late lunch! Were we surprised when the mussels were flavored with garlic, white wine, and fresh oregano. They were steamed just right and were juicy, tender and plump! The pot liquor has so much flavor, you have to take the bread and sop up the juices that was finished with a hint of lemon.

I ordered the Antipasto Freddo that had nice pieces of ham, provolone cheese, onion, romaine lettuce, gardinier, and a good Italian vinaigrette. My friend decided to order the white clam sauce with the linguine but after eating most the mussels, and dipping the bread in the juices, he was full and had to cancel the order.

The food was prepared fresh as our waitress, Giselle, explained to us that food preparation begins once the order is made. I could not even finish my salad and had that packed but you can bet I will eat that for dinner as this was delicious!

The dining experience was worth the time as there are not so many family-owned restaurants here in Charlotte county. The only problem my friend and I agree is the location as this place should be in downtown Punta Gorda that has no pretentiousness, bad attitude and fresh, homemade Italian cooking. This restaurant only makes me wish I was Italian because the food is that good!

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Closest restaurant to hotel. We enjoyed a pizza from there and it was one of the best I had. The price was a little bit high but well worth it.

1  Thank babydoll2ky
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Adorable decor, (although it doesn't seat a lot), with a charming atmosphere. The staff is one big Italian family, and makes you feel like a part of the family. The day I was there included a live guitar player which really made the night. The food is always delicious and the dessert is amazing. Very enjoyable.

1  Thank TMP18