“Really amazing hotel--PG has come a long way”

The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is not a chain hotel (I asked, sorry to learn there aren't more out there). My husband is from Punta Gorda originally and we traveled back there on business. This is a far cry from the Best Western and old tired hotels Punta Gorda had to offer. The lobby isn't much, but the rooms were quiet, elegant, plenty of room and the bathrooms were amazing!! Beautiful, well done, I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel at an awesome price. We ate dinner on the rooftop and it was amazing! Gorgeous views, food was excellent and the service attentive but not annoying. Really looking forward to returning. Good value for the cost.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mommusega
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you mommusega for your review! I am so glad to hear of your enjoyment of our hotel, from the clean, quiet guest rooms to the "attentive, but not annoying service." We appreciate you for giving your honest feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Gratefully,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is an amazing hotel right in the middle of Punta Gorda. The hotel is clean, with all high end products, an amazing rooftop bar/pool, and the best customer service anywhere. I was in town on business for a week and they treated me like part of the family. I would highly recommend this hotel for business (they have great free wifi) or for a family getaway. Dont forget to visit the Fishermans Village where there are several neat little shops to visit right on the water (see pictures)

Room Tip: See if you can get a room on the front side so you can have a view of the water.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeLoera
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your kind words about The Wyvern Hotel. It is always a great pleasure to hear that we are serving our customers well. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Gratefully,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at the Wyvern Hotel while travelling down the Gulf Coast in September/October. We came across this gem after stopping at, and viewing two other hotels in Punta Gorda. This hotel is just wonderful! The lobby, room, rooftop bar and swimming pool are very well appointed and very elegant. The room is first class and the bathroom was out of this world, no detail was missed. Not just a 'great hotel for Punta Gorda'; this hotel could hold its own in any city.

We stopped in Punta Gorda on a whim, but if we are ever in the area again, I would make the drive to The Wyvern Hotel.

Room Tip: I'm sure that all of the rooms are great; check out the rooftop bar for a drink in the evening...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Guest, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Wyvern Hotel. Our goal is your satisfaction, and it seems we were able to make your stay more than satisfactory. We are always here for you, our guest, and hope to welcome you back should your travels bring you to the Punta Gorda area again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is what a hotel should be. The minute you walk into your room, you feel relaxed and comfortable. The bathroom is elegant and large. All the amenities are there, including fee Wi-Fi. Temperature control is perfect. The front desk person, Chris, was extremely friendly and knowledgeable My husband and I would recommend The Wyvern to anyone stay8ing in Punta Gorda. It's well kept, well decorated and extremely clean. It's a great area to be in.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joan B
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Joan B,

Thank you for your glowing review, and for choosing to stay at the Wyvern Hotel. We are very much appreciative of your time to write to us and let the world know of your experience at our fine facility. I am glad to hear that you found myself of great enjoyment during your recent visit. We pride ourselves on friendly and efficient service, clean facilities, and upscale amenities like no other in the area; glad to hear that you found those as well!

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us at the Wyvern, we're always to here to be of service to YOU!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at the Wyvern Hotel in Punta Gorda last weekend. It was absolutely a wonderful experience! The rooms were clean and spacious, the bathroom was gorgeous and the beds were so comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly, Chris Heaxt and Vanessa were wonderful! Thank you Wyvern for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DianaS340
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear DianaS340,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wyvern Hotel. Our staff is pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the we have top offer, from our over-sized rooms to the lush bedding, not to mention the spacious bathrooms. I am glad to hear that you found myself and Vanessa of great joy to your needs.

Once again, I thank YOU for your candid feedback as it will help us grow to better serve our guests, much like yourself.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I have now stayed at the Wyvern about ten days in the last month. I was concerned about some of the other reviews but the service has been awesome! Warm and Southern, so if you're looking for a high-fashion boutique experience look elsewhere. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. My one piece of advice is what others have said about the music from the roof deck on weekends - it is loud on the fifth floor. But the lower floors are quieter and the staff will quickly offer a change of rooms if it's too loud. I found that the music is part of the fun atmosphere but it may not be for everyone. I will be staying here again a few more times in the next month and it's starting to feel like a second home!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Julie K
Chris H, Assistant General Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hi Julie,

I would simply like to say THANK YOU for your review! I am so happy that you enjoy staying here with us and enjoy all that we have to offer. I will be sure to thank the staff personally on your behalf for providing great service that is second-to-none, and what the Wyvern Hotel is known for.

If my self or the staff may be of any further assistance to make your experience one-of-a-kind, please reach out to us directly, it is always our pleasure.

See you soon!

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The Wyvern is an excellent hotel in Punta Gorda. It is a small hotel with elegance that is by far better than some of your well named chains. The rooms are superb and the bathroom is very large with separate tub and shower. The shower is large with a big enough holder for your items. Each room has a sofa and desk area for comfort and space to get work done. The Rooftop bar is a wonderful area to relax and the Resturant is very good. The staff are attentive and very kind. The location is great since it is close a multitude of local restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013
Chris H, Front Office Manager at The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you tsoard for your comments! We pride ourselves on taking care of each and every guest to create that true, southern hospitality that Punta Gorda is known for. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms spacious and accommodating for your needs.

Thank you once again for your kind review. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Front Office Manager

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to The Wyvern Hotel Punta Gorda? Share your experiences!