“Best Cuban Food Outside of Miami”

El Cubanito Restaurant
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Best Cuban Food Outside of Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a place I come back to, usually on a weekly basis. I typically order the roast chicken, but every single item on that menu is good. BUT, the roast chicken is amazing. I'm considered a good cook and I've tried to duplicate it, but can't. I always ask for extra "juice" on the side, and usually order red beans and rice, and the plantanos. Check out the home-made chicken soup and have some flan with Cuban coffee. Ambience is great with Cuban music in background. Might be difficult to find because it's located in a little strip mall, but worth the effort. Excellent service!

Visited June 2013

Hobe Sound, Florida
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The place looks like a "hole in the wall," but the food and the service were both excellent. I had grilled fish (you can choose to have it grilled or fried). Two other meals ordered were Chicken Julianna, and a shrimp dish. All entrees come with white or yellow rice, black beans, and sweet plantains. Cuban bread was brought to the table when we sat down. Everyone really enjoyed what they had ordered. The portions are large, and we all thought it was a good value. This was our second time there, and we will be going back.

• Visited June 2013
“Not what I expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I went with my husband and my son & my 2 grandkids under the age of 10 the food was not that great she brought the bill and said because we had 5 or more we had to leave a 20% gratuities for our bill I said not right we have 3 adults total I asked to speak to the manager the waitress said he's not here, she lied because the manager was the one that sat us down. I don't feel like we where treated right we will never visit this place again..

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Lulucoll
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Even the locals come here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here with two others. We started with beef empanadas (good but not great) and the moved to the entrees (slow cooked pork, beef and chicken milanesa). Amazing. Great portion size (large) and fantastic value. Total bill (with sangria and soda) was $60. I would come back in a heartbeat.

We went on a Wednesday night and the place wasn't packed. The people who were in the restaurant were locals and were on a first name basis with the wait staff. Clearly they come often and there is a reason.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Hit and miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I visited El Cubanito again recently. My brother ordered a whole fish. It was very good. The other 2 meals ordered were a chicken and pork dish. The pork was very dry even though it was marinated and then fried. The rice and beans which accompanied the meat were not very hot and were sent back for reheating. This seems to be a common problem for restaurants. The service was very good and the waitress did what she could to help. It is an affordable place. Next time I will stick with the half roasted chicken. It was good when I ordered it several years ago.
P.S.-I went because my brother wanted Cuban food.

• Visited February 2013