“Good Burgers, Not So Good Service”
Review of Indian River Burger Company - CLOSED

Indian River Burger Company
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Locally owned Hand Crafted Burger and Craft Beer restaurant.
Port St. Lucie, FL
“Good Burgers, Not So Good Service”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Let's start with the positive. The selection of burgers at Indian River is amazing. There are some 15-20 different combinations to choose from, most made from Angus beef, although they also offer lamb burgers and bison burgers. In addition, they serve Nathan's hot dogs, also prepared a dozen different ways, a number of salads and appetizers, and some scrumptious-sounding desserts (which we were, regrettably, too full to try). My husband and friends started with a plate of fried calamari, which was lightly breaded and they all enjoyed. It was served promptly. The burgers were big and juicy.

Unfortunately, the burgers took forever to get to us. We waited almost an hour for them to arrive, which is way too long, even given that every table was filled. One does not expect dinner at a burger place to take two hours, but ours did, mostly due to the slow service. It appeared that there were only 2-3 waiters/waitresses for some 30 tables, and they were also responsible for cleaning the tables. While our waiter was super friendly and did his best to be attentive given the crowd, the kitchen obviously did not have their act together. There were four of us, all ordering burgers in a burger specialty restaurant, and there was no ketchup on the table! They brought out two very small paper containers of ketchup for the four of us. The atmosphere was pub-style, which was noisy, but fine with us. If they can do something about the poor service, they will do very well, judging by the demand. Besides every table being filled, there were about a dozen people waiting for tables, some of them for more than an hour. People will not put up with these waits forever, though, so I hope that they do address this issue, as this restaurant has potential. Prices were right for the area, and the selection amazing. I only wish I could have given them more than a "3" on the scale. Will try again in a few months when the novelty has worn off, and they have had time to improve their service.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Sounds good? Nay Nay!”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife and I went to IRBC on Thursday night, based on a write-up in the newspaper and the two reviews here. OMG! The first bad move we made was not leaving after walking in to this crash scene. The sound (noise) level was above jet engine take-off level. Someone should have been looking for the black box!

Second bad move: there is a large room when you walk in and a smaller room to the right. We were seated in the smaller room. My wife had a swell view right into the men's room when the door was opened. We moved to the large room. Listen skippy. This is a room with a hard floor, hard ceiling, hard walls, a huge ugly bar running down one side and with thirteen bar chairs. And the table bussing cart with clattering dishes every time a table is cleared. Bad ju-ju (feng shui). Also, the unshaded windows allowed the evening sun in and created a very hot area where sun glasses were a required accessory. No one used their inside voice. NOIIISY!! I couldn't hear my wife talk. OK. One upside.

The waitress we had was very pleasant and did her job, though she should have brought the beer menu with the regular menu. Burger and beer joint after all. Entirely too many burger choices. My third mistake: I ordered the Gorgonzola cheese and bacon burger. It was properly prepared, but nothing special. I wished that I had ordered the pub burger, just a cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, mayo, and onion. Another IRBC error. The fries. FGS, fries are, by definition, fried, which means crispy. Not IRBC fries. Skinny and limp, and too many on the plate. Upside, not greasy. So, food score - 2 stars. Mediocre.

I would not go back here. There are plenty of places that serve better burgers (including Burger King), with better prices, better menu, MUCH better comfort level. Please owner. Hire a restaurant designer to fix this place immediately. Every customer that comes in now is a lost customer for the future. You must grab us on the first visit. You didn't. Recommendations: move the bar to the smaller room to contain bar noise. Reduce noise level immediately. Close for a few days and install acoustic ceiling, carpet, wall panels, and partition the dining area by using booths and/or walled small room areas. Use tablecloths or, at least, place mats. Re-do the menu. You do not need all those burger combinations. Scout your competition and steal good ideas. If craft beer is your gimmick, then get more beers. But, PLEASE fix this place or the next tenant will!

3 Thank Beauxceghus
Boca Raton, Fl
“Very good!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I rarely give 5 stars but I'm going out on a limb here. I had the veggie burger. It was yummy. Fries are very tasty too!!! I had a bite of my friend's bacon cheeseburger and it was yummy!!!!! I'm thinking these people don't have taste buds to say it is "terrible". It was not too loud in there. It was just fine. Sometimes I wonder if people set out to put down a restaurant long before they actually go there? The hamburger buns are awesome and the inside is very modern. They do need to work on their craft beer list as it was very small. Other than that, I'm giving them 5 stars for the time being. The only place in Port St Lucie I will even eat at Tavola pizza. I may have found one more place where I will dine. Our server was Gail...and she was great. Place needs to work out the kinks but it's only been open a week. Good luck guys!!!!

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Lets Support an Excellent New Restaurant in Town”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Tonight I ate at the new Indian River Burger Company in Port St Lucie at Airoso and PSL Blvd across from City Hall. Megan, the owner was a wonderful host and super proud and excited about her new venture. She and her husband have built a comfortable relaxed atmosphere, very inviting bar area, ample big screens, and excellent food, fresh ingredients, and a large selection of Craft Beer. And it's priced right too! A friend and I shared a Gorgonzola Burger and a Lamb Burger. I honestly don't know which was better. Each came on a delicious fresh grilled bun skewered with a gherkin (great!), and hand cut fresh fries in abundance. The Angry Orchard Ale was a perfect compliment, cold and crisp. There are veggie and black bean burger options as well as chicken if beef isn't your thing. This is a family friendly restaurant with a kids menu, that even plays kids shows on one of the big screens in a side area perfect for families! Its also a perfect place for a late night hang-out as its open to 1am on the weekends. (Maybe a good time to try the Hangover Burger?) Burgers are their main show but there are appetizers, salads and hot dogs/sausages, including a Kobe beef dog that I will definitely try. Go with some friends, go with your family, go show some love for this great addition to our community!

2 Thank susanreesa