“Don't waste your time”
Review of Sonny's BBQ - CLOSED

Sonny's BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

As with some other reviewers they were out of several things. The only side my wife eats is their cole slaw and they were out of that. We have been here several times and there is always something wrong. This is not the case with other restaurants in the chain. The ones in Stuart and Vero Beach are great.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were seated quickly and our waitress was friendly. The restaurant seemed dated and neglected, not dirt bag filthy, just not kept up on.
The problems began when we tried to order drinks. They said the menus were new and they didn't carry Coors light yet??? Not some no named micro brew from across the country, just Coor's light.... whatever, sweet tea it is then.
I am a huge fan of pulled pork and looked forward to having some. Unfortunately for me, they were out of pulled pork. I ended up ordering some big family platter that 75% of the choices I asked for were unavailable. I had to settle for what they had left instead of what I wanted.
I cant really say that anything was good. That may have been because I was forced to eat what I really didn't want to, or because it just wasn't very good.
The large table that sat behind us was given a free meal because they ere also unable to order anything they wanted. I was offered nothing, not even an apology. I jokingly asked the waitress for a black magic marker and a menu so I could fix it for them, but she didn't seem amused.

Management is obviously lacking if they cant keep food or beer stocked. Trust me it wasn't because they were busy. That's pretty basic stuff, when you sell food, you need food to sell. If they jacked that up, how can they possibly get anything else right?

1  Thank j q
Reviewed March 12, 2014

A nice family place to eat. A good variety of food, my favorite is the pulled pork sandwich. The baked beans are good also. The corn nuggets are good with the honey.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have good memories of delicious ribs at this Sonny's location but it had been a few years since I had visited this particular one. Our waiter was friendly and quick to greet us but he may have been new as he didn't seem completely familiar with the menu and options. The wait for the food was excessive (over 20 minutes) for an all you can eat dish that they usually have ready to go and we are used to receiving shortly after ordering.

The ribs were disappointing, the first batch was dry, mostly bone and almost overcooked. The second batch was fresher and meatier but still not close to being called good ribs. The sides were ok, the corn bread was very good. I prefer going to the Stuart location.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you enjoy the occasional unhealthy meal then you know that good ribs are worth risking your health. If prepared correctly they can be very tasty and delicious.
I've been to many Sonny's in my travels but this one is very bad.
The ribs looked as if they were days old and kept on a warmer. I asked for the manager and they brought me more of the same.
I wasn't looking for the meal to be comped because the baked beans and the French fries were very filling. However, I came for the ribs and was seriously disappointed. The Sonny's in Fort Pierce or Stuart are both very good. Avoid this one at all cost!
Oh, in case you're wondering......I tried this place three different times over the last four months. Each time the ribs were awful. There is no excuse....this is a franchise!

1  Thank stanton_john