“Superb BBQ”
Review of Big Boy BBQ - CLOSED

Big Boy BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food here was delicious! I had the spare ribs with green beans and mac n cheese. The other people dining with me also loved their food. I would says the green beans alone are worth going for.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This new restaurant in Port Saint Lucie stands out from the remaining BBQ joints. Heather was our server tonight and was patient enough to explain the menu in detail, one of the recommendations was the green beans, strange for a BBQ joint, this place is amazing the Green Beans are fresh, they steam for a while and still crisp then they saute with butter, tomatoes, wine, and some pulled BBQ meat with lots of garlic served on the side and still crisp just great, no frozen or canned beans in this place.
My wife ordered the fried catfish sandwich with fries, the fish was nice and thick, you could see the steam just flowing from the bun, with tomato, lettuce and onion on a fresh bun, looked good and she claimed it tasted just great, it was large enough that she could not finish the sandwich, fries where just the normal thin cut, nothing special.
I had the spareribs, I prefer the meatier ribs compared to the baby backs, the choices are 4, 8 and 12 bones, I'm a big meat eater and chose the 12 rib portion, well I have leftovers for the next 2 days, the ribs where perfectly smoked, a pink color to the meat complemented the smell of smoke as you enter the restaurant. No sauce on the ribs, they have 4 bottle of sauce on the table, with your choice of sweet, hot, mustard and inferno. Tried all four and did not have a winner, the meat was smokey enough that you do not need some sauce to cover the smokey flavor. The meat bones are very meaty, you can share a 12 bones order with 3 guys. My other side was collard greens, it needed some flavoring, not bad but lacked something.
The table next to us ordered half smoked chicken, that was a huge chicken it was the size of a capon, they took more than half in the doggy bag home, they where amazed on the size and raved how good it was.
The other thing that I enjoy is craft beer, they have 16 on tap and 24 in bottles. Excellent selection on tap, again they serve 16 Oz serving, or you can have samples either 5 samplers of a whole yard sample.
I had the pleasure of speaking with the owner, a young man that has his passion for food and he distinguished this restaurant from the chains. All the vegetables are grown locally, there are couple of exceptions. The meat is local also, their is a family connection for the supply.
Service was excellent, Heather our server did a outstanding job from the beginning to the end, this place is a great addition to our city.