“Whole belly clams? I don't think so”

Lola's Seafood Eatery
Cuisines: Seafood
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Whole belly clams? I don't think so”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch midweek. Four other patrons in the restaurant. I ordered the fried whole belly clams (not the basket - $14) expecting a plate of, what else, fried clams. What I got was what appeared to be fried chopped up clams. There were "bellies" but they were 1/2 the size of what I expected. The waitress/hostess came to our table inquiring how our meal was. I voiced my dissatisfaction and she graciously brought me another order but it was no different from the first. Maybe I should have ordered fried oysters or something else but I love fried clams. Unfortunately I won't be going back to Lola's when I want them again.

• Visited July 2013

New York
“Fresh food is worth the wait!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to Lola's on an acquaintance's recommendation. We were told you order, seat yourself & then the waitress brings the food to you.
Although there was only one couple ahead of us, we waited about 40 minutes for our food. While waiting, we read trip advisor reviews & were sorry we paid already!
Boy! Are we glad we didn't read trip advisor before ordering!
I ordered the shrimp tacos...absolutely spot on! Fresh, delicious, perfectly seasoned! The fries...excellent!! We ordered crab cakes, too...aside from Fresco's in NYC, the best crab cakes I've ever had; and the accompanying salad was very good as well. I didn't taste much of a dressing, that people wrote was delicious...so I can't attest to that. However, my husband said his oyster po' boy sandwich was a 9 out of 10. He really liked it.
Their beignets were a bit undercooked...but otherwise, they would've been out of this world. Don't bother with the chocolate dipping sauce! It tastes like watered down Hershey's syrup. The beignets have powdered sugar on top & they're fantastic without that waxy tasting "sauce." Oh! The creme brûlée was fantastic!
Lola's is not cheap...But it's fresh food that you'd expect to eat at a friend's house.
A great find & a wonderful surprise! Go with someone you enjoy spending time with, so you don't mind the wait.
Believe me, it's worth it! And portions are large!

• Visited June 2013
“Stay away from the fried food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well you know something is just not right if the best thing we had to eat was the french fries. Three out of the four guests in our party had fried seafood. All of the fried seafood was extremely heavily battered. Our collective opinion was that the fried dishes were ok but just not good. On the other hand the fourth person in our group had a crab roll and this was very good. So I guess you need to stick to the fresh seafood and stay away from the fried food. You order at the counter and the food is delivered to the table. Two of our party had a bit of a wait for their food, so this style of restaurant is very much fast food in that all the food is not delivered at the same time.

• Visited June 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Price Outweighs The Portions”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We don't mind paying for food as long as we get what we pay for. We dislike counter service style restaurants as this location offers. The place might as well be McDonald's. Portions are minuscule compared to price. The food was nothing to get excited about, unfortunately. Major disappointment.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank azzabar
“New to the area”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We dined at the West Saint Lucie eatery and were very pleased with what they served. My husbands special was presented very appetizingly. He enjoyed it very much as I had enjoyed my selection. The dishes are very creative and extremely tasty.

Visited April 2013