“great atmosphere and food”
Review of Sam Snead's

Sam Snead's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam Snead's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The décor is all golf and includes many of Sam Snead's most memorable golfing moments. The food comes right behind the décor and I enjoy the babyback ribs most of the times we dine there.

There are newer reviews for Sam Snead's

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have had nothing but good experiences at Sam's. They are always considerate and flexible. The service has been above average and the quality of the food has been very good. I am planning to return in the near future and will complete another review.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food was mediocre. Steak not so great. Service was just ok nothing special. Large group came into bar which is where we were seated. Language got rough. Would not go back

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived around 8:30 on Saturday night, two full hours before closing time. However, I definitely got the sense that the few staff members left were trying to wrap things up for the night. This meant that there was no hostess to greet us when we came in, we had to look for someone to seat us. Our waitress was friendly, but far from attentive. And, staff were setting up for the next morning's breakfast buffet while we were eating. This is just not acceptable for a restaurant where the average entree costs over $20.

The food was very, very good. I had the steak/onion flat bread which was a budget-friendly way to enjoy the wood-fired steak.
One of my daughters ordered the crispy shrimp appetizer which was also very good. The other daughter ordered the ribs. She ordered a half-rack which was HUGE. I can't imagine how big a full-rack would have been. They had an excellent flavor and were very tender.

Too bad the service was lacking, it definitely took away from what could have been a very special meal.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The older clientele who frequent this establishment make the atmosphere so enjoyable. The service is great and the menu is varied. We've been there numerous times and there have never been children running the show. You can't say that about many other restaurants in town. Cheapskates in this city won't spring for babysitters so the rest of us have to suffer. Or not, I typically speak up.