My wife and I recently experienced a fabulous mid October week at the Sheraton PGA Resort. Never before in our decade of membership with Starwood have we experienced customer service at this level. My wife was somewhat apprehensive at the thought of celebrating a special anniversary at a golf resort opting instead for the Vistana Beach Club in Jensen Beach. The dates simply worked better for us at the PGA. We were both overwhelmed with our ultimate choice. From the very moment we arrived, we were greeted by the beautiful Irish smile of Brittany who introduced us to Chris Egan, the GM, and Chris Sharar, the Operations Manager. They could not have been more helpful in their preparation for our stay with valuable information and recommendations regarding the resort and surrounding area. We left for our room feeling as if we were somehow members of their immediate families.
We were assigned a beautiful unit with a balcony overlooking a pond and a golf course beyond. The unit was spacious, clean, well equipped and ultimately provided a spectacular view of a daily gorgeous sunset. Brittany appeared the following morning with anniversary balloon wishes for us. We did have a minor issue during the first 24 hours with the A/C due to an underground leak which affected only our unit. Jason in maintenance responded not only immediately but with compassion for any inconvenience it may have caused us which was extremely minimal. He ultimately persuaded us to accept an upgrade to a larger two BR / two bath unit directly above us on the top floor. It was equally as nice and offered an even better view which we didn't think possible. He even offered to move all of our belongings for us which we respectfully declined. This gentleman, as well as every staff member we encountered, was extremely dedicated and courteous in making us feel at home at all times.
We took the 18 mile drive on our second day to Jensen Beach and had a wonderful lunch at Pietro's on the Ocean, a restaurant highly recommended to us by Chris Sharar. After perusing the dinner menu, we decided we would return for dinner during our stay. We then visited the nearby Vistana Beach Club in anticipation of a future stay at that resort. We were met by an equally friendly staff which we assumed had something to do with the fact that Chris Egan was also the GM of this resort. We were shown a room and explored the facility deciding that we would, at some point, return. Back to the PGA we went to enjoy the golf, pool, activities and relaxation.
On Monday, my wife decided she needed a beach day after seeing the beach at Jensen and wondered how we might be able to combine the beach and Pietro's in the same day without traveling back to the PGA to shower. We asked Brittany of the possibility of a one night stay at the Beach Club and were told she would inquire for us. A while later we were informed that an oceanside room awaited us at a very fair rate. We arrived for an early check in on Wednesday afternoon to a beautiful room and immediately went to the beach. When we returned to the room we were greeted by another bunch of anniversary balloons. We couldn't help but feel very grateful and extra special. After a fabulous dinner at Pietro's we enjoyed a comfortable night of sleep within the calming effects of the ocean. This reinforced our decision to return here for a full week on the beach at this excellent sister resort.
So it was again, back to the PGA for another round of golf at the nearby Legacy Golf Club, a private course which I was able to play as a guest benefit of our PGA stay. One of the finest courses in Florida, I highly recommend it to any golfer. It was renamed posthumously as a tribute to famed golf architect George Fazio. Fine dining in the immediate area was not abundant but can be found. However, a very good breakfast or lunch can always be had at Berry Fresh on the other side of US 95. As difficult as it was to leave this paradise on Friday, we managed a quick visit to the nearby PGA museum before heading south to the airport. Thank you one and all for your courtesy and generosity. It was a superior vacation within a vacation and we shall return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas conveniently located in Port St. Lucie, Florida where your backyard is the one-of-a-kind PGA Village(TM)that boasts three golf courses owned and operated by the PGA of America. Relax after a day of golf, instruction or adventure in the resort's sparkling three-bay climate controlled pool, along with a relaxing whirlpool spa. Kids of all ages will enjoy fun in the sun whether splashing in the shallow pool just for them, playing a poolside game of chess on a giant chess board or practicing their own swing at the playground or junior golf clinics throughout the year. With fully equipped kitchenettes or kitchens in your villa, the resort does not feature an on-site restaurant, however many restaurants are right nearby. Within walking distance of the resort is Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Pga Vacation Resort, Port St. Lucie Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Sheraton Port Saint Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Sheraton
- Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas Florida/Port Saint Lucie