We booked this as a Starwood hotel but found out the hard way they dont participate in the benefits of Starwood resorts. We arrived after midnight for a one night stay while en route to another location. We planned on spending the next day with family who were driving 2 hours to see us.
The room itself was large and comfortable, though not as clean as it should have been. There were cigar wrappers in the TV stand. The jet-tub spewed black particles when the jets were turned on.
At 8am the next morning, I asked for directions to the closest grocery to stock up on lunch for our guests and the security couldn't tell me where the closest grocery was. He said drive out & you''ll find something. For a location with kitchen facilites, I would expect this information to be provided or at least available.
We got a call at 10:00 am advising us we had an hour to vacate the room. We let them know we were Starwood members and had expected a late checkout and were told they don't do that & we had to leave.
We had to pack up our belongings, lunch supplies & guests, who had JUST arrived.
All in all, we were very disappointed that they advertise on the Starwood website as a Starwood Hotel but dont provide the customary benefits for Starwood Members. For the less than 12 hours were were there, we did not feel welcomed, or comfortable.
We had a fantastic stay planned and they did everything possible to make it unpleasant. We will not return, nor recommend to Starwood members since they: "Dont provide the Starwood Members privileges".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas conveniently located in Port St. Lucie, Florida where your backyard is the one-of-a-kind PGA Village(TM)that boasts three golf courses owned and operated by the PGA of America. Relax after a day of golf, instruction or adventure in the resort's sparkling three-bay climate controlled pool, along with a relaxing whirlpool spa. Kids of all ages will enjoy fun in the sun whether splashing in the shallow pool just for them, playing a poolside game of chess on a giant chess board or practicing their own swing at the playground or junior golf clinics throughout the year. With fully equipped kitchenettes or kitchens in your villa, the resort does not feature an on-site restaurant, however many restaurants are right nearby. Within walking distance of the resort is Sam Snead's Oak Grill & Tavern. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Pga Vacation Resort, Port St. Lucie Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Sheraton Port Saint Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Sheraton
- Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas Florida/Port Saint Lucie