“December 2012 Wonderful food”
Review of Seaweed Asian Cuisine - CLOSED

Seaweed Asian Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Unique and creative sushi and authentic cuisine from South-East Asia, including Filipino and Thai, in a cozy atmosphere.
“December 2012 Wonderful food”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Had a wonderful meal of beef and onions (Bistek), soup and a spring roll. Good prices and very good wait service from the young sous chef learning Asian cuisine. I did not try the sushi, so cannot comment on that, but this place has soooo much more to offer than just sushi, give it a try. Only reason I didn't give it an excellent was the fried spring roll, I like fresh spring rolls so much better, but they are in short supply in Port St. Lucie.

• Visited December 2012

Deland, FL
“Disappointing 3 month turnaround...”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The last review I wrote approx 3 months ago raved about this little gem in Port St Lucie. It was so awesome and we were really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, they have apparently lost their chef, cut back on the quality and now serve very substandard food. My sister, niece and I returned expecting a marvelous meal of sushi. What we got was edible but just barely. Twice as much rice and half the fish on each of the different rolls we ordered and no attempt to make the plates edible art, just rolls slapped on a plate. All we could do was eat what we could, pay the bill, smile and leave... I have never seen such a turn around in such a short period. I can only assume that they were drastically underfunded going in... I'd rather eat the sushi from a $10 all you can eat Asian Buffett. Seriously, the prefab sushi from Publix Grocery Store is much better than the meal we ate.

• Visited January 2012
Deland, FL
“What an awesome dining experience!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Pulling up to this restaurant it would appear that it's not someplace you would expect to get a very good meal much less a fantastic one. Don't let the old, run down "L" shaped, mostly vacant strip mall scare you away. Once inside it is very nicely decorated, if a little small, Asian Fusion restaurant. The service is good, but not great (young and inexperienced) but the food is incredible. I have never had better, fresher tasting sushi anywhere and I've eaten in top restaurants all over the world. Their dinners are amazing and portions are large enough to fill any appetite. I can't speak to specific food choices as it has been a while since I was there. I'll update after my next meal with more details on specific dishes. They only have a beer and wine license so don't expect cocktails but that was fine with me as I prefer sake. All 7 of us couldn't stop raving about the food. It has become far and away everyone's favorite Asian restaurant to date.

• Visited August 2011