“Great course...but most expensive”

PGA Golf Club in PGA Village - Wanamaker Course
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was a really fun course. It is in great shape. Women friendly! Service was excellent. Beverage carts around all day. Just a bit pricey and no discounts to be found. The breakfast was also really good. However the server was the only one there when we got there. Restaurant was busy and course had a big tournament. They should have had some extra help for her. Other than that it was fantastic!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I played here a few days before the hosted the Canadian Club Pro Championship. I was staying just north and drove down to play. It was a very reasonable green fee at $48 compared to what I am used to paying at home. I rented clubs and they were a decent set of Titleist clubs. I showed up early and used the range. I will say when I showed up I got a lot of indifference from the staff when they heard I wasn't a member which frankly put me off. There was no GPS in the cart like they indicated there would be and when I asked I wasn't given a clear answer.

The starter was very friendly and helpful as I chatted with him for a while before teeing off. It was a little strange that we only saw the beverage cart twice...once at the 2nd hole and then at the 16th green. I would have had a couple of drink if it was around more.

The course was in good condition and is a good layout. I am probably a 25 handicap and I found the course fun but challenging. It really gives you an opportunity to use all your clubs.

I am not sure I would return here or recommend this course based on the service alone. I hate going to courses and being treated like a second class citizen when they find out I am not a member. If that is your attitude just go fully private.

1  Thank BrendanVancouver
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The longest and most challenging of the PGA Village courses. Wannamaker is tough for a mid-handicap like myself, but the vistas and condition make up it. A traditional Florida layout, Wannamaker has a number of long par 4 holes and plenty of trouble to grab errant shots. All of the PGA Village courses are a great outing with Wannamaker being the most challenging. The staff is always professional and want to make your round enjoyable. We recommend it.

1  Thank usndon
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Wonderful condition and layout...what a joy to play will be back....Sept/Oct prices are a steal.....Staff very helpful and accommodating. Bar prices after round great and pro shop prices very reasonable. All three courses Dye and Ryder very challenging

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Moderate green fee, buggies with newest GPS technology. Course is pretty difficult with lots of bunkers. I will always remember the 18th hole.