WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of PGA Golf Club in PGA Village - Ryder Course

PGA Golf Club in PGA Village - Ryder Course
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Massive Price Increase- Beware”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

In the past a wonderful place to play golf. Three Terrific Golf Courses combined with the PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance made this a great place for Golf. However prices and policies were recently revamped doing away with twilight rates and nine hole rates . Bigger prices hikes are coming in December ($150 rounds) The learning center ( a golf range) is $30 for entry to hit balls This has put the place out of reach for ordinary folks and driving away local customers. A shame but there are many less costly alternatives in the area and tourists should seek to avoid being gouged. Too bad the PGA of America is more interested in profit . Their website states that their mission is "promoting the game of golf to everyone, everywhere". That does not seem to be the case anymore. A shame. Hopefully they will reconsider.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Chris S

port st lucie,fl
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“good golf course - horrible management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

golf course is okay but PGA management is awful. you never know what the condition of the course will be like.
priced higher than many better courses in the area

Visited October 2012
1 Thank imfarkle
PGAVillage, Director of Sales at PGA Golf Club in PGA Village - Ryder Course, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your golfing experience with us here at PGA Golf Club. It is always of great importance and a useful measurement tool for the entire management team at our club to receive communication and feedback on our operation. Whether it is constructive or generous, it allows us the opportunity to look at our services, step back from our daily routine and take any corrective action necessary to make certain that any incident of this nature does not happen again.

Please contact me at Jwiernasz@pgahq.com, or 772-467-1300 Ext.123, as I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with further about your experience with us.

Jeremy Wiernasz
Director of Golf Operations
PGA Golf Club
Tolland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Excellent Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great,well maintained course. Very friendly to the average golfer. Stayed at PGA Village Sheraton and received 20% off, only cost $43 with unlimited range balls. Great deal!!!

Visited July 2013
Lebanon, New Hampshire
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tough course for a duffer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The people got me out on the course in record time. (I was a single, walk on) They paired me up with 3 great guys. All high handicappers like me. The course was in excellent shape. The bunkers ate me alive, but I only loss 3 balls which is great for me. This the first course I've played where my golf shoes were cleaner after I played than before! The personal were courteous and helpful. The day was perfect. Made me wish I was a scratch golfer. I hope to play again later this week.

Visited April 2013
Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Evolving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The PGA's superintendent has been working on making the Ryder course more user friendly by replacing Palmetto groves with waste areas and removing a number of bunkers. The result will be a more friendly environment that will speed play. Ryder is second to the Wannamaker as our favorite course in the four course lineup.

Visited March 2013