Tripadvisor
Port Saint Lucie
6,044 results
All reviews mini club kids club adult pool all inclusive resort tennis lessons circus team slice bar first club evening shows aqua gym calm pool child care sports activities all inclusives riverside restaurant crazy signs punta cana
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have traveled to many all inclusive facilities all over the world. When I book this location, I knew what I was paying for. I paid $1,800 for two nights. I had two rooms. To ensure that they would be together, I had to pay extra. ( crazy) This was my family and they stated that if I didn't pay extra, there was no way to guarantee we would be together. What?! Upon check-in, one room was suppose to have a king bed, the other two twins. They both had king beds and it took 4 hours for housekeeping to rectify. Two of the pools were ice cold and unheated. They were beautiful and people were sitting around them, but nobody was in them. One of the two mornings were were there, the pool for adults was still locked as well as the bar in that area. If the pool was supposed to be open at 7am, as the sign states, all locks should have been off. The bar, if it's supposed to be open at 10:30, should be open. I wasn't asking for anything that I wasn't expected to receive. The food......marginal. I was traveling with a 9 month old. When I toured the facility 5 months prior, I was told that "anything I wanted blended I could ask for. " Any fresh fruits and veggies would be available. I asked for an avocado as the Solie restaurant serves guacamole as one of their snacks. However, it's from a big bag. There was not one avocado to be had. I had to send my son to buy avocado's at a local food store. Also, as I live in Florida, we checked into the facility at 1pm, not 3pm. That, too, was another added expense. I've tried several times to call the facility as I left a phone charger in the room. I spoke to the front desk after the phone rang for 10 minutes, spoke with someone, I was then put on hold for 15 mins before being disconnected. NOT WORTH THE STRESS. I live in Florida, have a beautiful pool and a heated Jacuzzi. Not worth "getaway."

Review collected in partnership with Club Med
1  Thank Angryjmen
ClubMed, Customer Relations at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Angryjmen,

Thank you for choosing Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We regret to learn of your disappointment and that your stay was not what you expected in regards to the housekeeping not rectifying the beds in a timely manner, pools was not heated, adult pool and bar was not open, lack avocado's, early check in fee and the service when calling about your phone charger. It is important that we know what areas of service need improvement and your candid evaluation and constructive comments will be used in our continual efforts to ensure we are providing the best all inclusive vacation possible. We offer our sincere apologies for any personal inconveniences you experienced.

If you need further assistance in regards to retrieving your phone charger that you left, then please contact our Guest Relations department at us.guestrelations@clubmed.com.

Best Regards,

Your Club Med Team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately our experience was horrible. We booked for a weekend in October and due to our baby having a skin condition we asked to reschedule for February (we never asked for the money back) and got charged USD 250. In the end we paid $1,000 for a weekend. When we got to the place we found that the facilities were outdated and not well maintained. Our room was very dirty and we were about to leave and asked for at least to have some money back trying to be fair because we slept one night. James from guest services said he would escalate the issue and we had to wait for 4 hours for him to come with a ridiculous compensation that was an extended checkout time of 3 hours at a place we didn't want to be at. He gave us form to fill to ask for our money back but we had to leave the hotel, so basically he asking us to leave if we wanted the money back but there was no assurance for it.
This was the first and last time at a Club Med. You can go on a cruise for half of the cost and haves much better food, installations and service

1  Thank P5003SPdanielaf

Dear P5003SPdanielaf,

We are pleased that you selected Club Med Sandpiper Bay, but regret to learn of the various problems and that you had a horrible experience. We understand from your review that you were not satisfied with the overall amount you paid, outdated facilities, room cleanliness and service.We are sorry to learn that the issues that you encountered have affected your opinion of our service capabilities, for our goal is to provide our guests with the best vacation possible. We truly apologize if we did not achieve this goal.
If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact us.guestrelations@clubmed.com. It would be our pleasure to restore your faith in Club Med.

Best regards,

Your Club Med Team

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I visited Sandpiper Bay for a few days and I was impressed by the wonderful staff nice and happy faces. Teddy the new resort manager is very attentive and service oriented. Very présent I saw him everywhere making sure all runs smooth, the food was delicious and the service well managed by Mariana. The reception staff is very helpful and professional! I will definitely come back

Trip type: Traveled with family
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear belkeziz m,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in Sandpiper Bay! We've passed your message on to the staff for their information.
We hope to see you soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for one week and were very happy with this all inclusive resort. We were greeted with a fresh lemon and lime water and a cool cloth upon our arrival. We arrived before the check in time of 3 pm, but our room was ready to go. A staff member walks with you to your unit/room pointing out areas of the resort on your way. The room was spacious. We had a junior suite which had a separate room with bunk beds. The main room had a king size bed. Perfect for a family of 4. Large walk in closet that includes your programmable safe. Bathroom was clean and adequate. Includes a hair dryer and plenty of hot water with good water pressure. There is a coffee maker that is replenished daily. They also have bottled water for you in your room, which is also replenished. Bathroom is equipped with shower gel and shampoo in the shower, and lotion by the sink. These are large bottles that are mounted to the wall. No need to bring these items along with you! There is a patio/balcony that had 2 chairs and a small table. We were on the third floor and I enjoyed sitting out there in the late afternoon and reading.
This resort never seemed busy, except at eating time and I was surprised to see that many people as it never felt crowded at the resort. There is a separate pool area for the kids with water features. A lap pool and a heated infinity pool with a separate bar for that area. There were always chairs available to sit on, not like the resorts where you have to get up at 6 am to reserve a chair. NO CHAIR RESERVING!! I loved it!
The food is honestly some of the best I have ever eaten at an all inclusive. Plenty of choices at each meal, along with the staples for the kids. Hamburgers, hot dogs chicken nuggets, fries and pasta. If you can not find something to eat here that is enjoyable I would be shocked. Many choices of fish throughout the week that were delicious! They are famous for this bread that is white or dark chocolate. You must try it. Delicious!! We had a really great week. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. We were joined for lunch by two different staff members and had a very nice visit. This place is a gem right here in the USA. We usually go out of the country for an all inclusive, this year we chose to stay in the US. We are glad we did! If there were anything that could be improved on, it would be to update the rooms a bit. They are definitely adequate, and very clean. We will recommend this to anyone looking for a southern get away!.

Room tip: We were in building A which is very near the center of the resort. We had a beautiful view over the river of sunsets from our patio.
1  Thank 670cherylp
ClubMed, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear 670cherylp,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in Sandpiper Bay. We are delighted to read such a valuable feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the services, the resort and the food. We hope to welcome you again in one of our resorts!

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here with extended family for a week. This is a great place to bring kids. The staff were very friendly and the circus style entertainment was spectacular.
There is a wide variety of activities to chose from. Most of all, I enjoyed the meditation classes with Ashley Garcia.
The buffet meals were great but the coffee was not, so I switched to tea for the week.
The hot tub was so hot that I felt like I was cooking.
But overall my family and I had a wonderful time and we plan to return soon.

-Geoff Stone

Date of stay: January 2020

Dear 582geoffreys,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a good time in Sandpiper Bay. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,