5,533 results
All reviews mini club kids club adult pool all inclusive resort tennis lessons circus team first club slice bar evening shows calm pool child care all inclusives sports activities crazy signs punta cana family vacation chocolate cream
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sarah from the bar was so amazing we had a problem with our A/C. We had such a hard time getting help from anybody. We were just talking to Sarah by the bar and she went over to the office and tried to help us and got us a new room it was the best customer service I’ve ever seen.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We (with 5 kids: 11-16 year olds) had a lot of fun. The kids had fun with the teen club and also on their own sailing, paddle boarding, kayaking, waterskiing, wakeboarding, trapeze etc

The unlimited water skiing / wakeboarding was a big hit for us. The team there does a great job teaching and also keeping things moving so everyone gets a chance. This alone would be a reason for us to go back. Great job Franck and team!

The food is pretty good and the room was nice.

Thanks to the GO team (especially Scoop) for working hard with big smiles.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your review! We always love to hear that our water activities were something that could be enjoyed by the whole family. We hope to see you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thank you is the least I can say to show how I appreciate everything you have done for me on my wedding day. I appreciate your patience and consideration in helping me plan a fantastic wedding. The staff was always accommodating, friendly, and welcoming. Thanks for seeing my vision and making my dreams come true. Special thanks to Mike in the kitchen, for making sure my family had someone to sit together for meals and always willing to help us.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your review of Club Med Sanpiper Bay! It was an honor being able to create a welcoming and helpful environment for such an important day. We hope you'll visit us again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to Sandpiper Bay for my mother’s 80th birthday. Our group ranged in age from 13 to 80, and all of us are very active. This ended up being a perfect place to keep everyone busy and happy.

We had a smooth check-in, even including cool towels and cold water to combat the heat and humidity. The rooms themselves are quite large, with plenty of storage. Our room had two twin beds (which can also be made up as a king), a day bed, and a desk. The rooms can definitely use more seating. Other than the desk chair there was no seating so we had to sit on the beds.

The food at the Marketplace is very good for an AYCE buffet. The choices changed each day, and most items tasted fresh and flavorful. The buffet was the most convenient way for our group to eat, with choices that satisfied all. There is a beer tap and wine available at lunch and dinner. (Of course you can always go to one of the bars for a drink!). One evening we did go to the sit down restaurant, which was also quite good. This restaurant has the same menu every day. Keep in mind that the restaurant is only one course per person. You cannot order extra appetizers or entrees. But the service was great and they did a very nice birthday celebration for my mother.

Note that the wine offerings throughout the property are very limited: one red (Cabernet Sauvignon), one white (Sauvignon Blanc) and a Rose. No one in our group liked the white, and we ended up getting Prosecco from the bar most of the time.

The activities on the property are non-stop and run by a staff that is fun and friendly. I never got to do all of the things I wanted to do, due to the amount of time we had and then later, from exhaustion from trying to do too much! But that is a complement to the variety of activities offered. Make sure you plan some down time, and maybe even some spa time. The spa is excellent too!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for your detailed review! We are so glad that you and your family never ran out of fun activities to try. We'd love to have you back at Club Med Sandpiper Bay so you can try everything we have to offer! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Poor service upon check in which really left a poor taste in our mouth to begin with but the service for the remainder of our stay was great.
Our excursion was scheduled for the morning after our arrival but no one informed us of that so we missed it. They made it right and scheduled us an exclusive trip which was phenomenal!
The food was awful on the day of our arrival (we ate just before the restaurant was closing) but was very enjoyable the rest of our stay.
Mini club for the kids was great, the staff was amazing with the kids and so interactive with them. They were begging us to go on days we wanted to keep them with us.
The nightly entertainment was a nice surprise and there is some real talent in the staff.
The king bed was really 2 twin beds stuck together so there was a very noticeable uncomfortable gap which made it difficult to sleep close to my husband. Also, in regards to the room the room the kids stayed in was very hot compared to the rest of the room. I had to turn the AC down to 68 and freeze in the rest of the suite to keep it the least bit comfortable for them to sleep in their room.
The spa service was great but I wish they had a relax area for before and after treatment.
Although there were some not so great things about our stay it was overall the best family vacation we’ve ever taken.

Review collected in partnership with Club Med

Thanks for your review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay! We're so happy to hear that your kids enjoyed their time with our G.Os. We hope to see you again soon! The Club Med Team