5,338 results
All reviews mini club kids club adult pool tennis lessons all inclusive resort circus team first club slice bar evening shows calm pool child care all inclusives crazy signs family vacation punta cana chocolate cream beach volleyball
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I just returned from Club Med Sandpiper Bay in Florida. We were a multigenerational group of 11 and had a marvelous time. It is definitely not an upscale resort but for a fun, family, all-inclusive resort in the US it was great for us.

Pros:
Fantastic kids programs for all ages.
Wonderful teams of enthusiastic young people to lead water sports, trapeze, exercise programs, reception and kids programs. I’ve never interacted with a nicer group of resort activity leaders.
Small property was easy to navigate. We felt comfortable letting our 11 year olds roam free.
Adult only dining room and pool.
On a river, that felt like a lake, that made water sports—paddle boarding, kayaking and hobie cat sailing—easy and safe. River was big enough for motorized water sports—water skiing, tubing, fishing, etc.
Buffet food was surprisingly good and varied. Lots of gluten free dishes and special diets were accommodated.
Trapeze was a hit with many including my kids and grandkids.
There was a kiddie pool with sunshades plus a splash area for young ones.
Fun evening entertainment.
No single supplement.
Golf and tennis pros onsite.
There were lots of pool cabanas and pool lounges plus large couches around the beach.

Cons:
Main pool was crowded. My family moved to the lap pool and it was like a private pool.
Dining room was very noisy because of so many small children.
Rooms were quite roomy but not luxurious. Family rooms with a separate kids room and half bath was a plus with my kids.
Buildings and landscaping were a little neglected and could use a refresh. Our balcony door was stuck so we never used the balcony.

2  Thank libby9098
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

we Checked in late (9:00) and the receptionist ran through everything so fast we didn’t know anything. I mentioned we were celebrating my son’s birthday. Nothing exciting happened. Had connecting rooms but was not good our wristband would open both room doors which was confusing since everything speedy Gonzales said just had one room number.

We were never greeted by a G.O. We never had any impeccable service. No problem he went out of their way to help even when I had questions. We pretty much figured everything out ourselves. I was so disappointed after reading the reviews of how awesome the staff is. I just didn’t get that. Bus boys and girls seemed miserable.

Food was good. Lots of choices. A lot of repeat items but they tasted good. The “snacks” were 3-4 preset menu items that you order at the table. There are no to go orders, our neighboring table was told. The preset menu is the same each day. So you can get a cheese quesadilla everyday if that’s what you want on the list.

Adult pool was great. Had a bbq one day at the adult pool which was very convenient. The bartenders were friendly.

I signed two of my teens up for Junior Club Med but we never received any information or directions on where to go. Nothing. Then one night the schedule said there was teen karaoke. We stayed until time to start then we walked over to where it was. And it was either canceled or something because it was pitch black inside. There were other people looking, too. Another disappointment.

There were lots of activities available throughout the day so we just figured it out on our own to do stuff.
I would suggest having some “singles” events to get to know some people when you are there alone.

The rooms were nice and large. Huge closets. They were old around the edges but clean. The bathroom was fine. We never got our tissue box refilled. Two days in a row I left a note to replace the lotion bottle but it never got replaced.

Would I go back? Probably. Maybe.

1  Thank trishmalone
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Nice holiday, but the structure is pretty old! Food is ok but cold be better. Entertainment was great! Rooms are big but need to be updated. Kids enjoyed sport, even if my husband got hurt during a soccer match and nobody cared. Had to go to urgent care without receiving any assistance.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank 435dianat
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

You got 5 stars only because of Chris, Drew and the rest of the crew. Here is the rest:

1. Aprons have to go. You are having an identity crisis. You are a fun place - let the bartenders dress fun.

2. We have been coming here for 15 years. The bartenders are overworked. You need more staff. There should never be a line of 20+ people waiting for a drink. Your current staffing level is 50% lower than we have seen in the past 15 years.

3. Give me the option to buy a booze upgrade upfront, just like a cruise. I will pay the money upfront...and you will make more money..win win

3  Thank Clubmedder1
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great resort, we love going every year and I hate leaving every time. The food and drinks are great and all inclusive. If you have allergies then don’t worry, everything is labeled and you can always request allergen free food.
There is trapeze, pools, sports, and beaches with sailing, paddle boarding, and kayaking. The G.O.s are great, very helpful, and very kind. My favorite G.O. is Virgile. He works with sailing and is very fun, nice, and always has a smile on his face. Another great G.O. is Scoop Scoop, she works with the teens and is very nice and funny.
If you are looking for other things to do then there are clinics for golf, tennis, and volleyball. There are also ping pong tournaments and trivia every day. At the end of the night there is a great show to watch, and after that there is a party at the bar that stays open until 1:00am.
There is so much more fun things to do, and you can’t go 3 minutes without having fun. Club Med is a great place to make new friends and have an amazing time, and I can’t wait to go back next year!

Date of stay: May 2019