5,307 results
All reviews mini club kids club adult pool all inclusive resort tennis lessons circus team first club slice bar evening shows calm pool child care all inclusives sports activities crazy signs family vacation punta cana chocolate cream
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Had such an amazing time! The entire staff was great, but I’d like to shout out Zack from sailing who was great conversation and lots of fun and Sydney from guest services who was amazing and extremely informative.

Went as a couples vacation and we were in building D, which I highly recommend for adults because there is the pool and bar basically connected to the building! It was perfect for us. The bartender Joaquin was very friendly and nice. Introduced myself once and he knew my drink and name every time I saw him.

Learning to sail was so much fun for us as well and a special thanks to Tanya for riding with us and showing us the ropes!! What a great activity and it’s not as hard as it may seem! Don’t miss out on sailing!

I had a great experience with trapeze which I had never attempted before, but with great coaching from Claudia and Ben I was able to get the hang of it! Had so much fun I was able to give it a go in the nightly entertainment show later that evening! What a great experience that I will hold with me forever. Just want to shout out the entire team they were great!

Thank you for a great experience and am looking forward to our next trip there!

Justin

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Thanks for your review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay! We're happy to hear you enjoyed connecting with Zack from the sailing team and had a great experience with the circus team! We're looking forward to seeing you again soon.
The Club Med Team

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was very impressed by resort and staff. super kid friendly, all inclusive, headache free resort. Room was clean. Got strollers, bathtub, crib and bottle warmer. Great selection of food, drinks/ activities

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for your review! We're glad you loved everything at Club Med Sandpiper Bay from the friendly staff to the food and drinks! We hope to see you again soon. The Club Med Team

Reviewed 1 week ago

We just got back from an incredible stay at Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We are a family of 5, with three kids, aged 8, 5, and 2. My husband and I needed a vacation and wanted to have one with our kids but also have some time just the two of us. (I'm a stay-at-home mom with no regular childcare, so Sandpiper offered me a real BREAK! :)) Sandpiper was PERFECT for that. Our kids loved being in the kids' clubs from 9am to 5pm each day. The GOs (what they call Club Med staff members) took them swimming twice every day, and they also went sailing, made art, played mini golf, learned to do the trapeze -- it was amazing! We'd pick the kids up each evening and go for a swim before dinner, and they'd be bubbling over with stories from their day. Meanwhile, my husband and I had spent the day at the adult pool sipping pina coladas and in the adult dining room for a leisurely lunch, enjoying some genuine relaxation! Everyone was happy. One note -- you need to reserve a spot for your child in childcare in advance if they are under 4 years old. Apparently they can run out room sometimes, although that wasn't a problem while we were there.

The pools were beautiful. The main pool and lap pool play music while they're open but the "Zen Pool" (the adult pool) is nice and quiet for parents who need some of that in their life! :) They provide towels. There was plenty of shade too, which was great for us.

The food was fantastic. We ate all of our meals at the Marketplace, which is the main buffet restaurant for the resort. I would have loved to sample the Riverside restaurant, which was by reservation, but we decided to save it for the next trip so we could have dinner with our kids every night. There were tons of healthy and creative options options, but also lots of great kid food, and "meat and potato" options as well. Everyone in my family was happy with the food (which is a dang miracle - ha). We looked forward to every meal. It was always something new and fresh and delicious. (The Ramen Bar was one of my favorites!)

The staff is incredible. Whether it's watching your kids, teaching you how to sail, making delicious cocktails, or entertaining you with dancing, games, or circus trapeze acts at night -- the GOs do it with grace and joy. They really make your trip amazing! Unlike other resorts, the GOs live on-site as well, so Club Med really does have a fun clubby feeling to it unlike other places I've been.

You've probably read this elsewhere, but the physical rooms are a bit dated. However, they are clean and very comfortable. We slept very well. We had a Family Deluxe Room, which actually has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. (We loved this, as our three kids could be in a separate room with a door that closed!) Our Family Deluxe room also had a sliding door out to the grounds, which was nice because we didn't have to use stairs or elevators whenever we needed to go to or from our room. To be honest, we didn't spend much time in our rooms. Other than pit stops to change into swimsuits or whatever, we were hardly ever there. (Why would you be when there are pools, sports, beautiful terraces, etc?)

A few final points I thought might be helpful, especially to the moms of little ones out there:
-- Pack each member of your family at least 2 swimsuits (3 might be ideal). You'll be in and out of the pool each day, and having a few lets them dry out between uses.
-- Bring a backpack or bag for each of your kids to bring to kids club each day. Pack it with a swimsuit, sunscreen (their own tube), a hat, and anything else they'll need for a day of fun swimming and playing! The GOs reapply sunscreen twice a day, and our kids never got sunburned (which I was worried about).
-- If you have a child under 3, they will have a pack-n-play and stroller and baby-bath-tub waiting for you in your room when you arrive. I LOVED not having to pack this stuff!!!! Yay Club Med.
-- Random point, but the toiletries did not include conditioner. They had nice shampoo and shower gel, but no conditioner. So bring your own!

All in all, we had an absolutely fantastic vacation and we can't wait to come back. I think this will be our "go-to" vacation while we have young children! Club Med SandPiper has really figured out how to give families an amazing trip that is actually a VACATION for mom and dad too!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Jessica R

Thank you for your detailed review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We're glad to hear this was the perfect getaway for you to relax but also be with your kids! We look forward to seeing you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Stayed at resort and had a good time. Food was good, enjoyed golfing. Major complaint was lack of response from manager on credit card charge. Phone calls weren’t returned and deck clerk advised me to take it up with credit card company. Customer service disappointing. Still don’t know if I will get my $200 bAck.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We came for brunch celebrating our friends birth day 36$for buffet most of us were disappointed with the food selection i only eat chicken curry with rice and dessert they have some burgers too but im not a burger person, staff are nice though as well as the place... they have different packages brunch, day tour and i think night tour that you can swim , use the resort and free food, i like the welcome lemonade drink, its refreshing even though were disappointed with the food we had great time, the place is huge and nice...

Date of stay: April 2019