5,235 results
All reviews mini club kids club adult pool all inclusive resort tennis lessons circus team first club slice bar evening shows calm pool child care all inclusives sports activities crazy signs family vacation punta cana chocolate cream
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

This is a great resort for families or groups of people with different interests. The baby club is fantastic (especially Annie), and the fact that my 1.5-year-old son was having a blast every time we went to check on him relieved my guilt about dropping him off there. They have great play spaces for the kids, including indoors, on a covered patio, an outdoor playground, a splash park, and a 1 foot baby pool. They feed the kids lunch and snacks, and you can take them in and out whenever you want for family time, which is great. Not having to bring a stroller or sleeping apparatus through the airport was also a lifesaver.

The food might be the best part of the resort, and I am generally pretty picky. There are so many different stations in the buffet that it’s impossible not to find multiple things you like, and they are different every day. We didn’t eat in the fancier restaurant because we didn’t feel the need to. My one complaint about the dining is that dinner doesn’t start until 6:30, which is really late for families with babies/toddlers with regular bedtimes. That being said, you can get burgers, hot dogs, and fries outside of the buffet hours, so you won’t starve.

The included activities were also awesome. There is something fun for everyone at the resort, so you won’t be bored. My husband loved sailing and paddle boarding, and I loved flying trapeze. The circus team, especially Kana, Ben, Kevin, and Larry, was so helpful, fun, and supportive. If you complete a “catch,” they will even invite you to participate in the flying trapeze show! It was the highlight of my vacation for sure.

The non-included activities such as waterskiing were pretty cost-prohibitive, so we didn’t do them, and we didn’t see many other people doing them either. Even though it was advertised as circus month at the resort, no circus classes aside from flying trapeze were included. Instead, they offered private aerial lessons for $120/hour, which is about twice the going rate for a private lesson in the aerial community and 4-5 times the going rate for a class. Therefore, I did not participate.

The room is where I was most unsatisfied, as they are old and in need of renovations. Our balcony door did not shut all the way, let alone lock. It was hard to tell if the floor was clean because of old markings. Although a crib was advertised, they actually provided a pack-n-play (which I was worried my son wouldn’t sleep in, but thankfully he did). Our “king” bed was actually 2 twins pushed together, so there was a hard lump in the middle. The curtains were dirty, and there was a used bloody band-aid (from before us) stuck in between the shower gel and shampoo dispensers which were locked, so we couldn’t remove it and neither did housekeeping. Additionally, our bathtub stopper didn’t fully cover the drain, so we basically had to continuously run the water to bathe our son.

One other thing to note, which is probably obviously to everyone else but did not occur to me, is that this resort is not on the ocean, so you should not expect any waves or clear water. It basically felt like a beach vacation in which I did everything BUT go to the beach.

We enjoyed our first family vacation and would definitely stay at a Club Med again, but we would probably choose a more updated one on an actual beach next time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KeriFarie8188
Reviewed 5 days ago

We visited club med sandpiper in feb and then again in March2019.the reason we went with two different grandchildren who had different school breaks.
So your wondering why,well you can stay for one,three,seven or more days,whatever fits your needs.If you like water sports,tennis,golf,basketball,trapeze,volleyball(and you can do all of this with instruction or on your own),and we did them all.Came in second in the sailing regatta.Restaurant is a massive array of choices,you’ll definitely find something you like.Alcohol available all the time,no extr charge.I have never met a more eager and capable staff.they call them GO’s So at the show at night you will see great dancing or acrobatics and then you recognize the professional like performer is the front desk girl who greeted you or the lifeguard or the maid,unbelievable.At night if your ready Adam will get you up and you will be dancing the night away,of course he shows the line steps first.Crazy.The rooms are big and face the river and it’s a short walk everywhere.or if you like just lounge by one of the three pools or beach.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Where do we start?! From the moment we got to the resort it was first class! Our events planner Tyler Phipps was so present, professional and always accommodating! Anytime we had a request he was always one step ahead! Dominique Beltran was at the front desk and always had a beautiful smile with such an amazing attitude! Matt Kaplan at the kids club was so wonderful with our littles. Such a relief to know our kids were happy and safe.

The food was superb! No complaints there! The nightlife was just the right way to end our conference days. All of the staff remembered our names and even remembered what we had to drink! Alexa made sure we were taken care of at the bar...That’s impressive!

We were sad to leave but look forward to having our next event hosted by this wonderful staff! Keep up the good work :)

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 1 week ago

The resort had tons of activities. There was something for everyone. My daughter loved getting to play tennis everyday. There was a nice variety of food offerings. Staff was friendly and kept the tables clear at busy dinner rush.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Club Med
1  Thank Guide52533767222
ClubMed, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear there was something for everyone to enjoy at Club Med Sandpiper Bay and we hope to see you again soon! The Club Med Team

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

One word for the last of my nine stays at Club med T Sandpiper Bay ......fantastic !
As usual the food was great, the facility was great , and most of all the GO’s( staff) make the place my favorite all inclusive experience ever. The Food and Beverage depts and it’s staff continuously remind me that service makes the trip .By the time we left they all knew me by first name( I was a frequent visitor ) and it felt like everyone was family. Karim you have all A’s - Agnes Antoine , Adrian and Alexa you get a perfect grade ! Thank you for the best visit ever . The kids expect to be back again this summer and I must admit ..... I can’t wait to see you all again!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks for your review and for returning to Club Med Sandpiper Bay! The GO shout-outs are sincerely appreciated, thank you for those as well. We're so glad you enjoyed connecting with everyone during your stay and we're looking forward to seeing you again! The Club Med Team