If you are looking for fun, family, and value, this is the place! This was our first time at a Club Med
My wife and I drove from Virginia to Port St. Lucie with 4 kids (10, 8, 5, and 18 months) and arrived on Easter Sunday. We left the following Saturday. Our expectations were very low because of the age of the complex and the fact that it was all inclusive.
WOW! What a place. We had an awesome time. 3 of our children cried as we were pulling out of the parking lot.
Here are the highlights:
* The food was amazing both in quality and variety.
* The GO's were wonderful. A special thanks to the following that went out of their way to make our vacation wonderful and remember able: Casey Dell, Dwight McDonald, Cliff Gayle, Michael, Nicky, Melissa, Jason, Caesar. You guys made the vacation. Also a special thanks to all of the Geckos and Rascals GO's. I can't forget Todd at the Sandbar (thanks for all of the Bud Lights).
* Thanks for checking us in Ashley and getting us situated.
* The night shows as well as the kid’s shows were fabulous.
* The U2 cover band was fantastic. Get them back again and email me.
* The accommodations were adequate, but dated. Looking forward to seeing the renovations after the fall.
* The circus shows and training were great.
* Chief Jean, please applaud the above GO's. Those individuals made your resort and our treat.
Constructive Suggestions Chief Jean (none if these would keep us from coming back):
* Power wash the decks and walkways nightly.
* Provide Chardonnay at lunch and Dinner. Reisling does not work day after day.
* Provide more details to parents (either at initial registration or each morning) regarding all shows and times if children are signed up for kids club. It will help with planning the trip. Our kids wanted to do everything and it would have been nice to know ahead of time which nights were kid show nights at the beginning of the trip.
* Have later reservation times for the sit down restaurant. When you pay $20 a child (times 4 children) for pajama club for 7pm to midnight, you would expect to be able to have a later dinner after checking your children in. We could only have 6:30 or 7:00. There should be an opportunity for a couple’s dinner and not in the Buffett Restaurant.
Bottom Line - We cannot wait to go back and hope all of the GO's don't move on before we can get back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie