I wish I could give half stars as the Sandpiper is more likely 3.5 stars but since i can't, I'll go 4 stars. For a family place, I think its great. Kids programs are great. lots to do, circus school, archery, etc. The thing though to keep in mind is what you will do while the kids are in their program....We came down March 13-19th and honestly, even though its 80 degrees, the pools are way to cold to get into and enjoy. One pool is heated (a little) but just enough to take the frost off. When it rains, there's not much to do but kick back and relax in your room. I guess its sort of like a camp, where within the "campground" there are activities to do, like the pool, tennis (clinics available), pitch and putt, etc. Golfers can use the onsite course (for a fee) or go off site. In driving around, other than shopping, there doesn't seem to be a lot to do in this area, maybe a drive to Jensen beach perhaps. but really this seems like a place where you stay within the resort for the most part.
The staff does their best to meet your needs but to be honest, the main desk in the the reception area was completely worthless. Two visits there got me nothing. In one I was looking for directions to the PGA Village, and the person had no clue how to get there, and was looking up the phone number for ME to call and get directions. Sorry, but I see that as something they should do (then I see it written on the map that she gave me and I was curious why she'd never seen it before). The second, we needed directions to a doctors office as my wife became ill and other than the onsite nurse, they had no clue as to where any doctors were in the area we could go to. They didn't even seem to know how to find out. They also seem to have no concept that anything outside their resort exists. While waiting in line to talk to someone, people were asking about area activities and were told about shopping and a movie theater, and much like my experience, the desk didn't have any phone numbers or names of the movie theater and didn't offer to look it up. At most resorts I've stayed, the desk keeps track of the major local attractions contact information and readily hands that out to guests...not here...if it isn't inside the resort, they don't seem to know much about it.
But outside that it was a pretty good trip. The resort has a variety of daily activites you can attend, and the food was reasonable. A different buffet each night.
probably won't come back again but would consider another Club Med property though...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie