My family and I just returned from our vacation in Florida at Sandpiper Bay. We hoped the weather was better, but overall we had a great time.
The best part of our trip was the friendliness of all your GO Staff and the food! Your staff was amazing! We would especially like you to pass on Kudos to the Activity GO’s Lance, Andre`, and Chris…they were outstanding! Our housekeeper Candi was wonderful and even our transporters Oliver and Vito who were contractors we ever so gracious! The food was plentifully and delicious and I will crave the “white chocolate Bread” for weeks!
The reception area was understaffed and was not as friendly and very slow.
We stayed in E 188-190 the rooms are very dated and need to be upgraded! The tile grout had so much mold and mildew that a simple treatment of “Tilex” would have made a huge difference. Beds are too soft and springy. There were no dresser drawers and although there was a refrigerator there was no microwave. For the money we spent Wi-Fi should have been included. We were disappointed that the resort did not offer a free shuttle to Jenson Beach which was only 15-20 minutes away. We were told it would cost $ 80.00 roundtrip.
The all you can eat is kind of misleading because you are lock into eating when the main dining hall is open. Breakfast 7-10am, lunch 12-2pm & dinner 6-9pm. Since there are no microwaves in the rooms and no room service we were locked into eating during those times. All inclusive and All-you-can-eat means 24 hours a day, not when the dining hall/Marketplace is open. The snack restaurant Soleil was food was horrible! The bar Slice was OK, but there was only the one. It had a horrible damp mildew smell so we ordered our drinks and had to sit outside and/or walk back to the pool. Not sure why there were no bars set up at the pools or a server at the pools taking drink orders. All the pools should be heated !!!
Over all we had a great time, but I think Club Med needs to reevaluate the term all inclusive, put GO’s are the pools and UPGRADE the rooms and bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie