WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Orlando, Florida
“3 night trip to Club med for a relaxing get away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

2nd trip back to this property. Stayed in F building, great views of the river from the balcony. A bit of a walk to main swimming pool and marketplace. Convenient to soccer field and tennis courts.
No water sports on the river because of high toxins in the water. My 8 year old daughter loves the mini club, plenty to keep her busy. For me, not so. I wish there were adult activities and not just in the pool or fitness area. HOw about lectures, crafts, games, etc.Too much down time for me.
Golf clinics were excellent and of course Trapeze and circus school are the reasons why we came back.
Food...still not hot and still not cold. Selection excellent, but I did get tired of the constant buffet.
Shows are fabulous at night.
Being an hour away from us, we'll be back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Hebrew first
jacksonville, florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Each trip has gotten better. The renovation was not just a touch up. It was pretty drastic. Enough of the old remains but the new is fantastic. The G.O.'s continue to amaze. The food - fantastic. Weather great. The quality of the G.O.'s, G.E.'s and G.M.'s remains amazing. The only complaint was caused by Mother Nature and the river/bay is closed due to algae growth due to excess rain runoff. I was really really really looking forward to boating every day. My wife and four kids (4, 13, 13, and 13) just loved every day of the trip and the kids were sad to leave and are now sad to be home. For the money, there is no more economical way to go. Don't let the price deter you. At the end of day, you actually will likely save money at a Club Med and with NO headaches! Can you tell I am a fan!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank markrmiller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am continuously impressed with my stays at club med. I always finish happy, refreshed, recharged but physically tired from the nonstop activity!!! My daughter had the best time, thanks Devin, Camille, jessamine, king and anyone else whose name I forgot. I also promised I would give a shout out to the chefs. Fresh grilled fish, veggies, curried meats and great salads. Also good desserts and fruits. Then the best massage ever. And I don't want to forget a great tennis lesson too!! We will be back. If you want physical activity, fresh food, party all night and a great place to leave your kid all day, this is the place for you!!!!
Came with my daughter for a mom daughter getaway... It was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Jackis6
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We Just came back yesterday from our 4 night stay in club med. It was a Well deserve vacation as we have 5 month old triplets!

If you are familiar with club med you might be a but disappointed but for us (i have been in Many Many Many différent club med all around the world and never disappointed) it was definately the best vacation ever! I wish we could have stayed There.

You have entertainement 24/7 pretty much. Food is delicious! Considering that it's buffet it's even better. You must must have their white chocolate bread!
Only thing is I find the time the restaurant closes (9pm) too early and the show (8:30pm) too early as well. With our daughters schedule we either missed dinner or the show... 30min later for each would have been perfect!
Rooms were big :) clean.

Baby club med is amazing! And so is the staff!!! Big shout out to May, Cassie, Piri, Alicia, Bebe, Jesse.... You must do pajama night as well!

They provide strollers for each child (they don't have doubles though so for us it was pointless but nice to have for someone else), bathtub for babies, and changing station! They have milk and food for older babies.

They have a quiet adult pool but it was too quiet for us :) we ended up at the main pool which was much more enjoyable. The adult pool average age of guests were 60s ;-) main pool was where all the fun was!

Can't wait to go back. I've been looking online all day already for best deals to go back.

Oh and we couldn't do any water activities so I would wait a little until the water is cleared before booking so you can enjoy 100% of what they have to offer.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank ChloeAlex
Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our travel agency took a group to Club Med this past week (9/13 - 9/21, 2013). So my first half of my week was with family. My son's family absolutely loved it! Their 5 year old has a blast at the children's program and would just wave to us if she saw us while participating in all the activities. My older granddaughter fell in love with the circus/trapeze training, and even got to participate in the evening show. She is still talking about how much she loved it! There is a show every night, and tons of activities/entertainment everyday. The second half of the week, we met up with adults only and enjoyed the Adult Pool/bar (very relaxing!) Food was always good with a huge variety offered. Pools were great, and rooms very spacious & clean. Definitely planning another group trip, hopefully with lots more attending!

Room Tip: The best rooms are in B, C & D. The D complex is right by the adult pool, very convenient when y...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Barbara A
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We absolutely loved our family vacation to Sandpiper Bay Club Med. It was actually the first family vacation we could consider a vacation for our entire family. We have two young boys age 2 and 4. The boys had a great time and so did we. My husband and I got to enjoy a few quiet adult hours and the boys were safe and happy doing activities at the kids club. I enjoyed free tennis lessons in the morning, we swam at the pool and drank cocktails served by a friendly bartender- Peggy. Dillon was absolutely amazing with our kids. May, Maddy, Bernard, thanks so much to you all. Our son was in one of the shows at night and he insisted he needed to be spiderman in spite of the fact that the show was about the jungle. They allowed him to be himself (Spiderman), even in a sea of lions. Thanks to you for that. Thanks to Jaime and Mitch as well for helping us. I mean- wow even the lady that cleaned our room was sweet- Paula (and she helped me learn some Spanish too as a bonus). We met David the Chief at the pool, when I was stressing about wondering how my 2 year old was doing in the child camp care and he just happened to walk by at that point, heard me, and offered to call and find out. he took the time out of his schedule to do this, but not only that we saw him later walking by at dinner and he not only remembered our names, but my child's name as well. Charlotte at the front desk was great too and helped us book a late check out (we didn't want to leave it was so amazing....). I cannot remember the names of the Staff that ran the Trapeze but they were great as well with our children. also, I got a great massage there too. After this trip, we vowed to only go to Club Med's in the future. We have a gazillion marriott points, but honestly, what's the point of a free hotel without amazing amenities, included food and drinks, fantastic friendly fun staff and amazing child care? All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you! We plan to return to Sandpiper Bay at least annually! See you all soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin G
toronto,ont.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our extended family which includes grandparents, parents and children have been spending two weeks during the March school break at this facility for a number of years. It has great children's programs giving parents relaxing days to sit around one of the pools or participate in many of the organized activities. Rooms have always been clean, staff very friendly and food enjoyable. The only complaint is the poor Internet connections and the charges for using this service which is usually provided for free in hotels.

Room Tip: Standard club rooms are large and adequate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Vistana Beach Club
Vistana Beach Club
#1 of 1 in Hutchinson Island

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!