Club Med Sandpiper Bay
$114
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$89
Hampton.com
Sheraton PGA Vacation Resort Villas(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$153
$125
$97
$91
SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$93
$119
$105
Homewood
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$89
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$124
$118
Best Western Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
BestWestern.com
Sleep Inn at PGA Village(Port Saint Lucie)
$101
TripAdvisor
4,606 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubadult poolall inclusive resorttennis lessonsslice barfirst clubcircus teamcalm poolevening showsall inclusiveschild carecrazy signsfamily vacationpunta canachocolate creambeach volleyball
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our extended family which includes grandparents, parents and children have been spending two weeks during the March school break at this facility for a number of years. It has great children's programs giving parents relaxing days to sit around one of the pools or participate in many of the organized activities. Rooms have always been clean, staff very friendly and food enjoyable. The only complaint is the poor Internet connections and the charges for using this service which is usually provided for free in hotels.

Room Tip: Standard club rooms are large and adequate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My partner and I travelled with our combined brood of 3 kids, ages 9, 10, and 13. They all had a great time. For us, it was a bit mind numbing after a while. This is a FAMILY resort. I saw a few couples and felt sorry for them with all the screaming kids and organized daily activities and microphone yelling. Although there is an adults only pool, you can't even have a quiet cocktail at the main bar because they bring the kids camps there too. The resort was pretty nice. The GOs are AMAZING and make the place. They are full of energy morning, noon and night, are genuinely friendly and make you feel very welcome. We enjoyed the trapeze, the daily pool volleyball and water polo games and the adults did the fitness center daily. The rooms were pretty roomy with big closet areas. They were a bit dated and could have been a little cleaner. The food is pretty good for a buffet but after day 5 we were all getting a little tired of it. The resort could definitely use another option and especially an adults only sit down restaurant for a little respite from the same exact soundtrack by the pool every single day. The beach was closed due to river pollution so we missed out on that. We also didn't get the refillable water bottles mentioned on the website. They did away with that a while back and haven't updated the site. The pool area needs better management. Chairs are all taken early and even when people leave, they don't bother taking their towels to indicate the chairs are available. In other resorts I've been to, the staff routinely clears out chairs with no one and no personal belongings on them. This seemed very lax to me and was very frustrating on the first day until we learned to play the game as well. Overall this was a pretty successful vacation with the 3 kids, but there is NO WAY on God's green earth my boyfriend and I would go there alone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank BacchusBoo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My first thought before going was how good could this be? Upon arrival, I thought it was ok, the lobby area smelled like mildew, my room was big, but nothing special at all, kind of dated, but it was clean. Now, the good part...the grounds are gorgeous!!! The pools are fantastic, there are 2, one is an adult pool nice and quiet and serene and very beautiful, the other was huge and awesome, music playing, kids playing and everyone having a good time. The staff was great, extremely friendly and wanted to make sure your having a great time. There's a lot of amenities, and things for the kids to do. The food was good, not great but a huge variety at the buffet, so I was very satisfied. There is a bar/club at night. The music was great, the drinks were strong and we had a fun weekend. We went with a group of friends with their spouses and families I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna F
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family of five stayed at Club Med Sandpiper Bay in May and we had a great time! We have three small children (3.5 year old and 21 month old twins) and my husband really wanted to do a family vacation but I was skeptical that it would be anything of a "vacation." I was definitely proven wrong. We arrived at the resort and checked into our room, which was set up with two pack and plays as well as two strollers for our twins. The room was very simple but very clean. It was a great setup for us, as we had a two bedroom suite, with the kids room at the far end of a long hallway from our room. It was nice to have some separation and be able to put the kids to bed and also feel like we had our own space. We were one of the first rooms in the A building, which was centrally located to everything. At night after we put the kids to bed, my husband was able to go to the bar to get us drinks and be back in minutes. I read some reviews about the rooms not being luxurious at all. I would say that they are very simply decorated, maybe even scarce, but that worked for us with small kids. We really didn't have to worry about our kids "getting into anything" and could close the bathroom or bedrooms doors to contain them as well. After we settled into our room and went to check out the resort, we were met with several GO's in the bar who immediately came up, introduced themselves, and played with our kids. They were so friendly and took to our kids right away. Mae and Maddie were the two who we met specifically and I cannot speak highly enough of them both. They were both with our kids throughout our stay and were warm, caring, and so in tuned to the kids needs. When I say "kid-friendly," that doesn't even begin to describe this place. We have three small kids and we felt like they were welcome in nearly all areas of the resort. From the restaurants that provide high chairs and bibs (one recommendation: sippy or straw cups for the little ones in the restaurants!) to the bar with live music and dancing kids all over to the place to the family friendly shows every night, we were able to truly enjoy our vacation with our kids! I can't say enough about the kids club. GO Jessie (the director at the time we were there) was great with accommodating our three kids. We dropped them off each morning and were able to enjoy our couple time together, taking golf lessons and lounging at the adult pool (the one area that was thankfully NOT open to kids :). We felt very comfortable leaving them with all the GO's at the kids club and they all enjoyed the activities provided throughout the morning. We talked about doing the evening "pajama club" almost every night but since everything was so kid-friendly, we never really even felt the need. There was even a 24 hour kid room that had milk, snacks, and baby food for the kids for whenever we needed anything day or night. We put it to good use and it was great to have it at our disposal. General Manager, Jeff, was awesome, and we became friendly with him quickly over the course of the 6 days that we were there. He was super approachable and was super willing to help with anything we needed. The circus school and trapeze was so fun too. I had so much fun trying the trapeze and it was such a unique experience to be able to do at the resort. I also took advantage of running a 5K through the golf course one morning and my husband sailed almost every day on the Hobie Cats on the river. Finally, I was skeptical about a resort with only one main restaurant and I would consider myself a "foodie" but I was pleasantly surprised with both the quality and variety of food that was offered at the restaurant. Each day and night offered different types of food and I felt that the quality was great for a resort. We ate at the more casual restaurant next door for lunch one day and did "take out" on the day we were checking out and it was great for a quick lunch. All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend Club Med Sandpiper Bay for a family vacation, especially with small kids that you are willing to put into the kids club. We only put our kids in the club for a few mornings of the time that we were there but felt that we got so much out of our time and got to enjoy both couple and family time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Overall, we had a great stay at Club Med Sandpiper. We have chosen Club Med for the last 3 years for the quality of their kids program and, once again, were not disappointed.

Accommodation
We had reserved a Deluxe Family Room and were pleasantly surprised by how comfortable and spacious our unit was (there was a separate room for the kids). The cleaning team did an impeccable job and the kids enjoyed the daily chocolate on their pillow! The website refers to a fully-stocked fridge for these rooms and we certainly did not have much in our fridge until the 2nd or 3rd day and even so, it was mostly soda. Some healthier options would have been better.

In other Club Med resorts we have visited, there is usually more than one dining option. As other readers have pointed out, the small restaurant (Soleil) does not have a great selection and the service is incredibly slow. After trying it out for a late lunch on our arrival day, we decided not to try again:-( Lucklily, the main restaurant was pretty decent and the selection was varied enough. We stayed over the 4th of July and were pretty spoiled with the specialties offered for the occasion. Seafood, foie gras, lots of delicious options. One thing that my daughter pointed out is that they rarely had berries in the fresh fruit section - which is a strange thing considering the time of year.

Bar
The mixed drinks at this resort were some of the worst that I've had anywhere and can't say that the bar staff had the energy usually displayed at Club Med. In fact, one or two were not very friendly...

Kids activities
Kids had a wonderful time as usual and even wanted to have dinner with the kids club! My son (age 9) is an avid tennis player and we signed him up for a day at the Tennis Academy. While it was not cheap, it was a good experience for him as the facility is great and the coaching excellent.

Other activities
The main pool was very busy so we usually spent time at the adult pool - which is on the small side but in a quiet location at one end of the resort. I wish that they had more classes in the morning - I tried Zumba one day and while I enjoyed it, it was right in the middle of the afternoon when I was usually in a "chill" mode. The class was also held in a "ballroom" which is not very appealing. The water activities were also fairly limited (not sure if all of that can be attributed to being on the river) and disappointing. Evening entertainment was usually decent - both for kids and adults. A special mention for the 4th of July celebrations (parade, family fun activities etc.) - we were amazed that they managed to put on 2 shows that night, the GOs definitely did a fantastic job preparing for this event.

Staff
The chef de village was very pleasant and friendly and, other than some of the bar staff mentioned above, so was the rest of the team. One thing that I would say is that it does not have the "super happy" atmosphere that we've witnessed at other Club Med resorts. This is noticeable from the moment we arrived at the resort - there is no special greeting and the reception is more subdued. This could be attributed to the US location as other resorts we have visited are in the Caribbean.

Overall
Generally, this resort met our expectations and, given how easily accessible it is from different US cities, we will definitely consider going back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LeenaI