Club Med Sandpiper Bay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$93
$119
GardenInn.com
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$118
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$89
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$98
$131
$119
Homewood
$153
$85
SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$92
Best Western Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$105
$100
BestWestern.com
Sleep Inn at PGA Village(Port Saint Lucie)
$101
TripAdvisor
4,557 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubadult poolall inclusive resorttennis lessonsslice barfirst clubcircus teamcalm poolevening showsall inclusiveschild carecrazy signsfamily vacationpunta canachocolate creambeach volleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My family just left Sandpiper Bay and we were so sad to leave, we almost cried! The only thing that kept our spirits up was knowing that we will absolutely be back, and also that we will likely be checking out some other Club Meds along the way as well.

We stayed for 9 days and we have three children 6 and under. The kids club was amazing and exactly what we needed (and what they needed!) for all of us to enjoy our vacation more than we ever thought possible.

The GO's are all incredible from the mini club, to trapeze, to the bar staff, wait staff, sports staff. You name it, they were all so friendly, kind and always full of energy. You almost never turn a corner at Sandpiper Bay without a friendly greeting and a warm smile from someone who works there and usually other guests, too! It's a very happy and friendly place.

The GO's that really stood out for us were as follows (in no particular order) from the kids club: Camille, Devin, Gina, Eric, Christophe and many others we are sure to be forgetting. From the Circus Team (our favourite activity at Sandpiper Bay, by far!!!): Artie, Hannah, Isabella, Chris, and Nick. They truly made this vacation one of a kind for us (more about that later). Francis is the GM I believe and he was incredible. A wonderful manager and incredible performer (in the nightly shows.)

The shows are amazing - dancing, comedy, and the circus show knocked our socks off. Every night has a theme and then a party at the bar follows the show. The shows are totally worth checking out - you won't be dissapointed.

The circus team was... honestly? No words. Beyond amazing. The flying trapeze is an experience unlike anything else. My husband and I went for the first time on a Wednesday and by Thursday night we were performing in the show with the rest of the crew! They start the show with several guests who have learned tricks and are good enough to perform "the catch" (where your trick is caught by the catcher on the second trapeze) and then the team performs their own amazing tricks as well. We went 5 days in a row and learned many tricks each, catching each and every one of them. Except that pesky roll over for me, but I am still working on it! We have videos that an amazing GO named Lance (thank you again x a million!) took for us in the show that are memories that we will always cherish. How amazing, right?

The food is amazing. There are staples at every buffet meal like fresh melon and pineapple (they only had berries one, on Mothers Day, which we enjoyed!) and chicken, steak, fish. They have a selection of pasts, soups, breads (and oh my gosh was everyone else right, the chocolate bread is AMAZING, so is the dill bread), so many fresh meat dishes, veggies. I appreciated that they had two steamed veggie selections every night as well so I could surpass the calories in a lot of the sauces. I also loved that they had 2-3 dishes every night that they would plate out - bit of rice or paste, small portion of meat, maybe a little veg or goat cheese, etc. The drinks were great, the sit down restaurant was great (similar food to buffet just brought to you from a menu).

We enjoyed the spa very much, and the "beach" was wonderful for the kids. We didn't miss the ocean at all! With 3 pools there is always enough room for everyone and ample seating / lounging EVERYWHERE in the resort.

I personally enjoyed the sports and classes - Micha was amazing as our yoga instructor, I went for a 5km run with some of the academy trainers, played one on one volleyball with Jake, my husband and I used the gym several times. It is totally upgraded and has EVERYTHING you could ever need. They do have a squat rack, in case anyone is wondering (I was, and was so pleased to find one there!).

The room we had was lovely and it was the most modest room they had so I can only imagine what the "upgraded" rooms are like. Ours had one very comfy king bed in the main room, a second small room with two bunk beds, and they brought a cot in for our third child. A curtain pulls across and then you have what is basically almost like a third room with a huge closet (3 sections), an area with a fridge and storage, and a large bathroom. As a family of 5 we never felt cramped and everything was wonderful.

Honestly, not sure what else I can say. I see the odd bad review and I can only assume that those people are just staying at the wrong place. Sandpiper Bay is VERY much family oriented in my opinion. There are ALWAYS kids around, yelling, running, playing. This is one of the reasons it was perfect for us. If you are not into that, definitely stay at one of the "Adults Only" villages that Club Med has to offer.

Room Tip: We loved the A building on ground floor as it was close to EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Public Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear BFamToronto,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We are pleased that you and your family had such a great time, and enjoyed a myriad of our offered activities. Few things please us more than guests who become performers, especially in our circus, and we’re happy you and your husband were able to become those performers. Thank you again for your kind sentiments, and we look forward to hosting you and your family in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been to this resort before the renovations (and before kids) and thought it was great. So now to have experience it after the renovations and with kids, I thought it couldn't have been better. The food was excellent. The variety of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner within my 5 days was spectacular. So much food, so much desserts, and so much drinks. I was really impressed with the dining experience. But most importantly I was impressed with the variety of activities for the children...kiddie pool, kids tennis courts, kids full art room, toddler indoor playing zone, infant indoor playing zone, trampoline, trapeze, the river beach area with ample space for sand playing, etc... It really goes on and on. And then at night, the shows and my favorite on Sunday night the circus show. The night entertainment was great. This is a perfect spot for families. Amazingly enough because they have a separate pool for adults far from the kid zone, it really isn't bad for a romantic get-away either. Also lastly to mention the room was HUGE. I didn't need it because my son is 2 but the room came with a complimentary baby tub, bottle warmer, baby food, baby crib, baby changing pad and even a stroller. All in all I will be back because I live in Miami and my son had blast :)

Room Tip: rooms by the water are further away from the kid zone but a bit quieter from the foot traffic (building C is pretty nice)
2  Thank adanger25
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear adanger25,
Thanks for the review! We are so happy you enjoyed our resort activities, sports programs, dining options, and accommodations! Once again, thanks for this fantastic review and we truly hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This all inclusive luxury resort offers incredible value compared to other Club Med's that we've vacationed at (this was our fifth) due to the Sports Academies. If you are looking to improve your game or fitness while on vacation, this Club Med resort is for you. The marketing text on their website is not joking! The instruction was pro and personalised. Tennis (Gino), Golf (Marie-Claire & John) and Fitness (Tina pro bodybuilder) instruction had us working at our edge every session.
I agree with other reviews that the "staff make the resort". The ladies at the baby club (Stella, Amanda & Piri) were constantly encouraging my husband and I to go enjoy ourselves and leave our 10-month old in their capable hands. No guilt possible! The positivity and support of Devin, Joe and Eric at the mini club had my 5-year old so comfortable he wanted to do every activity they offered. Seeing the passion my son had for the trapeze, the team graciously allowed him to practice his new skills over and over again. The Slice Bar service was impeccable. Yonnie, the bar manager, saved my vacation when he lent me a cable for my ipad so I could read my books. After much testing, Hadder and Jon won the best mojito and margurita making award.
Negatives: AIR CON everywhere and by the end of the vacation the four of us had colds (in May). The Marketplace and Soleil patios should be merged to enable GMs to enjoy the river view without having to "jump the rope". Thumbs up to Jeff and his team of dedicated GOs!

Room Tip: Rooms on the river/beach side are noisy.
1  Thank labozek
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear labozek,
Thanks for sharing this review with us. We are very happy that you enjoyed our sports programs and trapeze. We will gladly pass your compliments on to the members of our staff mentioned here. We truly appreciate all your feedback as we are always trying to improve. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 amazing days at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, the sports are so good, food as well, the room was nice and the GO team was really kind, professional and helpful. The GO Jacques-Laurent since the beginning by e-mail until our last day he made an excellent job. Le Chef de Village Jeff and Mr. Francis they have the real spirit of Club Med, always with a smile, helpful and kind with everyone, be GO or GM. I would like to thank everyone that made my vacation so good !

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank VictoRodrigues

Dear VictoRodrigues,
Thanks for the review! We're so happy you were pleased with the service that our resort has to offer. We will be passing all your kind words on to the members of our staff you have mentioned here. Once again, thanks for sharing this review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had a great time on our week long vacation to Club Med Sandpiper! I learned to play tennis and my husband golfed and played tennis. Our kids had a great time at the very flexible Petit Club and Baby Club with wonderful counselors.

I came to Club Med hoping to play tennis once or twice, but after my first day with Keith and Gino at the beginners class, I came back everyday. These guys are great pros - they respect beginners (and our lack of coordination!) but pushed me to focus and improve. The lap pool was always available and I was able to swim anytime during the day. The trapeze team was incredibly encouraging! I was doing flips and tricks the first day I went out. I'd definitely try it more the next time I go back. I did a little paddle boarding, but it was less exciting than I'd hoped.

My husband thought the golf pro John who taught the intermediate class was great. He's taken golf lessons for years and thought John was one of the best. My husband took the advanced tennis class and really enjoyed it.

The Baby Welcome was a great start with a stroller, baby changer, endless milk and cheerios and other gear for our 1.5 year old. The only downside was that our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 1 pm (they are ready after 3 pm) but the reception staff gave us a free week of internet for our troubles. We really needed to get our kids to nap and we found out later that the nap room for the baby club is open to all, not just the campers.

Devin, Jessie, Amanda, Gina, Nilsa, Bebe, Maddy, Dylan and the rest of the gang from the Mini Club were wonderful with our 1.5 year old and 3.5 year old. The 3.5 year old is uncertain at new childcare settings and warmed right up. They were really flexible with him and they got him quite a bit more comfortable swimming. He loved the life vests that they had. The baby loved the sweet baby counselors. A highlight was that they fed the boys lunch. We all enjoyed the 4:15 pm and 7:15 pm activities. Art or play everyday - it was great. For the under 4 set, we paid by day for childcare (1/2 day or full day).

We went to the beach every morning and saw a family of manatees on our last morning. It was really cool!

The adult pool had a nice breeze but the jacuzzi could have been bigger (or more of them).

The food was good - not gourmet but easy and fresh. Plenty of kid options and great bread.

We got the upgraded deluxe family room with 1.5 baths and a extra room with twin beds for the kids. This very small add on was well worth it.

Small improvements I would recommend - baby utensils (spoons, forks, cups), trays to pick up food in the Marketplace (it's hard to fill plates and drinks for babies and adults at once), larger coffee cups (or bring your own mug), and real ice cream.

We'll go back next year - probably to Sandpiper for the sports!

Room Tip: If it's not much extra, get the deluxe room!
1  Thank EILEEN F

Dear EILEEN F,
Thanks for sharing this review with us! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our golf, tennis, Mini club, and pool areas! We will definitely pass your compliments on to the staff members you mentioned here. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon!