Club Med Sandpiper Bay
$93
$119
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$98
Hampton.com
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$118
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$89
$153
$85
$131
$119
SpringHill Suites Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)
$92
Best Western Port St. Lucie(Port Saint Lucie)(Great Value!)
$105
$100
Hotwire.com
Sleep Inn at PGA Village(Port Saint Lucie)
$101
TripAdvisor
4,557 results
All reviewsmini clubkids clubadult poolall inclusive resorttennis lessonsslice barfirst clubcircus teamcalm poolevening showsall inclusiveschild carecrazy signsfamily vacationpunta canachocolate creambeach volleyball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

This was my first Club Med experience and everything was fantastic. There are plenty of activities and things to do on the resort. The pools and grounds are very nice and well maintained. A typical day involved golf, swimming, alcohol and lots of food. What more could you want?? But what really makes the difference here is the staff. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. The chief of village, Jeff, went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Awesome, can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2013
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear MackMorrison,
Thank you for sharing this review with us. We are so pleased to hear that you loved our dining options, pool area, and activities. Once again, thank you for this review and we can't wait to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Club Med Sandpiper Bay was a good experience for our family of four and was our first visit to a Club Med. It felt very much like a cruise experience but on land. We were there for 5 days and 4 nights. Both our 8 and 10 year old have food allergies and Chefs Victor, Daniel and Derek did a wonderful job of accommodating them. Our son has multiple allergies and the peace of mind of talking directly to the chef always makes a vacation much more relaxing. Nikos, at The Marketplace always went out his way to accommodate us with seating so we would have access to the chef. We thought the food at the resort was wonderful. There are many options to satisfy every palette at the buffet. Our children did not stay with the Mini Kids Club for any entire day while we were there. There were a few activities they wanted to try and instead would arrive for those activities as listed on the schedule. They tried their hand at performing trapeze, a popular activity. My son enjoyed playing basketball on the open court one day. Both our kids tried their hand at tennis on the mini court that they have for the children. Our kids most enjoyed their time at the pool and the beach. I very much enjoyed the Zumba and Cardio Fitness classes among the several fitness classes that they offer. I wanted to try tennis because it is well known at this Club Med. The one day (Saturday) I went, the beginner's class was having a review of what had been learned previously. I felt lost, I suppose I am not a natural. Had I known about what would be covered, I would have tried to attend all of the 5 days we were there. I think that this should have been specified in the schedule for the tennis program. Our daughter made sure we attended all of the nightly shows when we were there. The shows were interesting and they do try to make them family friendly - but it is something they need to work on. We did schedule a 2 hour fishing trip for the family one afternoon - this had an additional cost and is wonderful if you do enjoy fishing - this was a highlight for my husband and son. Our son caught several fish and most notably caught a sheepshead, this was new to his list of fish caught. We stayed in Building A which is within convenient walking distance from the pool, dining hall and beach area. The beach area is not large but it never felt crowded. Our room had a bay view and the kids had bunk beds in a curtained off section. The view was beautiful and it overlooked the beach. Our room was not fancy but certainly suited our needs. Although we had a very good time, our vacation did have both active and relaxing moments, I think we would only return if we were coming with a larger group. There are activities for varied interests - it seems like a nice place for grandparents to spend with grandchildren, or extended families to get together having everything they need readily accessible so that time spent with each other can be maximized.

1  Thank nathfamily

Dear nathfamily,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with our accommodations, tennis, kid's club, fitness classes, and resort activities. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to Club Med for my husband's birthday with our daughters, their husbands and our grandsons. We all had a super time. There were plenty of activities to share and to do alone. One morning our son-in-law offered to give us some golfing tips as we are beginners. While there the golf instuctor, Bruce Brandt, walked over to give us some ideas of how to improve our game. We did not ask but he graciously offerred. Well, he spent so much time with us. We have been taking lessons for a year and he explained things to us that made it seem so much easier to understand. He even marked our gloves as to where we should hold the clubs. Afterwards, we went to practice chipping. He drove by on his golf cart, saw us and came over to offer more suggestions! We really appreciated all his advice. I also would like to add that the food was very good with so many options. Our grandsons enjoyed the sports and the trapeze. Splice had live music at night which everyone danced to. We will return!

Room Tip: We had a lake view room in building C which was lovely.
2  Thank 955DSH1234

Dear 955DSH1234,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are very excited that you enjoyed our golf program. We will pass your compliments on to the golf staff. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had the best spring break of my life here. I have already decided to come back next year. I met so many great kids and a lot of great GOs. Alison and Ethan, the amazing people who always watched us, were awesome! They didn't just pretend to care about us, we knew that they all really did. Even when I left, Alison came down to the parking lot to say goodbye. I still miss it like crazy, and i can't wait to go back next year! The food was super good. The beds were really comfortable. And the activities are incredibly fun!!!! Oh and Alison if you read this, this is Emma the taller one.

Dear Theresadow,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We love that you enjoyed our resort activities, accommodations, and staff. Once again, thank you for the review and we can't wait to see you next year!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've depended on the Tripadvisor reviews for years; despit this, I've rarely been compelled to write one myself.
Last week, after two years of deliberation, my family of five headed to Club Med Sandpiper Bay.
WE HAD AN OUTSTANDING VACATION.
And I'm no Ramada kind of girl.

Things to know:

1. This resort is clean, well-planned, and seamlessly executed. It is not luxurious.
2. The rooms are spacious, updated and the bedding is high end (I need a decent pillow that doesn't smell of someone else's perfume).
3. Your meals will all be buffet style. There is only one restaurant on the property and the food is very, very good. Rest assured that there are no troughs akin to those found on a cruise ship. The French influence was much appreciated in the fantastic breads. The desserts were a bit frilly (TOO MUCH SPONGE CAKE AND TOO MANY PETIT FOURS)
4. Sandpiper Bay is like camp. Activities too many to list for kids and adults. One day I played four hours of tennis and went to two yoga classes. And it was all included in my stay.
5. You won't spend ANY extra money. My husband was particularly fond of this.
6. I HATE to wait in lines, especially on vacation. We were there during busy season (Spring Break) and I never had to wait for anything.
7. There are hundreds (literally) of loungers, sunbeds (sunny and shaded) scattered around the resort. You'll never have to get up at 6 am to lay claim to your chaise again.
8. This is world class tennis. The pros here (especially Gino, even with his corny jokes) are outstanding.
9. Dressing up is unnecessary (a vacation from makeup and flat irons...hooray!) Be aware there are washers/dryers in every building.
10. Don't bother picking a building. Everything is nearby. I did, however, enjoy the first floor patio.

Things Club Med could improve upon:
1. Yoga instruction was weak, boring and monotonous. They should add music and get a better instructor.
2. The addition of adult education. Topic on health, cooking and fitness would be helpful.
3. WiFi should be free in communal areas to increase "togetherness"
4. Logo cups should be for sale to refill throughout the resort and cut down on needless waste.
5. Add a walking path in a loop encircling the resort (with distance markers).
6. Use wristband room keys instead of keycards.

All in all, though, this was a fantastic vacation. I highly recommend it and most certainly will return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank EMKFrank

Dear EMKFrank,
Thank you for the review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations, dining options, resort activities, and tennis. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon!