This is our second vacation here. It is excellent for families and anyone that likes a very physical vacation. Basically everyone gets to do their own thing so everyone is happy. My thing is fitness and that's why we originally chose this resort. The highlights of my vacation were the Zumba classes with Fernando. Amazing workout, totally fun, just wish it was full hour. Tina had a great cardio class and Jake has a very solid pilates class. Michelle is a very professional and experienced yoga instructor (really enjoyed her am and pm classes!) and also a very entertaining performer. My biggest complaint with all the fitness classes is that, with the exception of yoga which was always a full hour, they are all 30-40 minutes long, and they start on the hour. It's not long enough for a good workout, and anyone staying for more than one class is standing around wasting 15-20 minutes between each class. Doesn't make sense and is very frustrating for anyone who wants a great workout and is doing more than one class. They also need to put someone in charge of cleaning the exercise mats...totally gross! Bring your own if you can! Still loved it and totally appreciated all the nice instructors. (I never did the aqua aerobics class so I can't comment on that one.)
Sailing and paddle boarding are great activities that just about everyone can enjoy. I love that my kids feel confident sailing now because they went out every day. My husband played golf and tennis every day then went to the gym, and we would meet up for lunch and dinner. If nothing else, not having to prepare or clean up after meals is a vacation in itself!
Our rooms were remodeled since our last visit and they were very nice and super clean. I was worried that once remodeled they would all be smaller but they still have more than adequate space, at least the ones we had. I love not being squished into a small room!!!
This is not a good place to come if you don't have children or grandchildren with you. However, there are still plenty of places to sit outside and have relative peace and quiet - the covered gazebos along the waterfront and the adult pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie