“Great trip!”

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was a little concerned after reading so many of the negative reviews here. I honestly don't know where all the negativity comes from. We just returned from a family trip: us, two kids (7 & 10), and my retired parents. Everyone had a great time. The kids loved the kids' club and our 10 year old enjoyed being able to check herself in and out of activities. The food was about what you would expect, with some nice surprises from time to time (fantastic beef wellington and baklava). The rooms are huge, clean and comfortable. The staff at all levels work so incredibly hard. Plenty to do of you want to stay busy or just sit by the pool all day.

It was spring break so the place was packed with kids. It didn't bother us at all. But, I'm not sure if this resort is the best choice for people without kids, although the adult pool is the nicest pool on the property.

Some things could certainly be improved: room service was erratic (but the rooms were cleaned every day), some chaises by the pools needed updating (missing cloth panels), the table service restaurant wasn't our favorite.

But, overall, it was an incredible, relaxing, fun, vacation.

There are newer reviews for Club Med Sandpiper Bay

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I went there with my entire host family (5 kids, age 11months till 10 years)
each of them had a blast. The flying trapeze is incredible. I tried it myself and had so much fun. You really do feel safe letting your kids climb up there because all of the staff responsible for the trapeze are doing an incredible job. Starting with detailed explanations and safety tips up to individual tricks by letting the kids just hang on and swing if they don't feel like doing anything else. And for some fitness around noon, the aqua gym is highly to recommend with Jake and Andrew. You really get your daily workout done. The evening shows are huge fun for kids and adults too especially when the kids are showing off what they've worked on so hard all day in camp. The Club Med vacation at sandpiper bay was a huge success and made all of us really happy and gave us the relaxing we needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear svenja k,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort! We're thrilled you were pleased with our trapeze team, entertainment and fitness classes. Once again, thanks for this great review and we truly hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

we recently come back from our spring break trip to clubmed. It was wonderfull escape from hard winter in West Virginia. I'm a single mother who travel with 5 years old son. My son is absolutely love the miniclub. GMs keep my child very busy and his desire to get up early every day just to make it to the miniclub on time because he had so many activities line up was adorable.
We stay in building A ( overlook the parking lot), room was very clean, a bit small, but rather cozy. Thank you for Suzie who make our room looks perfect on the daily basis.
Food was to die for!!!So many healthy choices for any taste. Special thank you to server in adult sitting area Abmrosio, who make every dinining experience fantastic.
Special thank you to Marrissa ( fitness instructor). She is the soul and the heart of the sports in clubmed. Her deducation and passion for the exercise activities goes above and beyong. I hear that her contract will be over in April. It will be a huge loss for facility if she will leave.
Andrew and Jake - amasing instructors in aqua classes. that make you day so energetic!
Thank you to Nicole at the spa, who made me feel beautifull and rejuvenated!
Overall our experience in Clubmed was amazing!! You want to come back to this place over and over and over again. Highly recomend to the friends and family..

Room Tip: bayview room will be the best
1  Thank fedora13

Dear fedora13,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed our club, dining options, service, and spa. We will pass your kind words on to the members of our staff you mentioned here. Once again, thanks for this review and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and two kids (ages 8 & 10) returned last Friday and for the last 5 days I have been telling people constantly about what a great place this was. The value was incredible. I had no idea it is the only all inclusive resort in the USA. Our kids are picky eaters and addressing the food thing was critical. If you play tennis this is your paradise. We saw players from around the world. But my family never set foot on a court. We don't play and found plenty to do. For kids the paddle boarding is perfect. My 8 year old daughter is now addicted. I haven't sailed in over 20 years but we jumped right on one of their Hobies and off we went. The beach staff have a power boat siting on the beach if anyone has trouble getting back…especially if the wind died. Pools were well designed and one of the large ones is heated which helped for our March trip. The evening shows were fun. The staff! We have cruised in the past, visited St. John almost annually, Europe, South and Central America…and I can honestly say the staff was fantastic when compared to other locations. They were great with my kids and always super nice. The master chef even went to the back and got my daughter Cherrios on a particularly picky eating night. The landscaping was very nice also. The only thing I would add to the place is a lazy river and a slide or two. Club Med is also not big on hot tubs…only the adult pool area had one. We're hot tub nuts so my kids were a bit disappointed at this. Overall, place is a home run for families with kids between 0 and 13 years of age…older than that they better be into tennis or golf.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the bay. Very centralized…but if tennis is your thing, you may wish to head to the...
1  Thank David G

Dear David G,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Club Med. We are so excited you enjoyed our pool area, dining options, resort activities, and water sports. We are also very happy that our staff was able to meet all your needs during your stay. We appreciate the suggestions you have provided here as we are always looking for new ways to improve. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We enjoyed our first true family vacation with a week at Sandpiper Bay. Overall it was a great experience. The Baby Med GMs really WOWed me with the way they took care of my 20 month old. I was nervous to leave her but they were great with her! They had scheduled activities and she was always busy! The food was good and had a good variety. The kitchen staff works very hard to get everything prepared and keep everyone happy. The spa was wonderful, they have a beautiful relaxing garden area that was the highlight of my treatment! The room was spacious and updated. The maid service does take quite a while to clean the room which can be an issue if you are trying to plan a toddlers mid afternoon nap. Also, at times some of the water activities seemed to be overrun with staff. Overall we had a good vacation and are looking forward to vacationing at more club med resorts in the future!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Heather E,
Thank you for taking the time to review Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We are thrilled you enjoyed the kids club, dining options, spa, and resort activities. Once again, thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I first want to say that I was leery of booking at a family resort because it was just my husband and myself traveling. I was looking for a golf trip and club med came up in my search results. It was a last minute deal for 3 nights and decided to book it. I than came on trip ad visor to read reviews and became concerned that although the reviews were all great, each reviewer only made 1 review and sandpiper was it. Although I have been on tripadvisor for many years, I've never reviewed a property. I wanted to help alleviate doubts for those with similar concerns. We had a great time. The room was clean and spacious. we were in building B overlooking the water. The food was delish!. The hype over the white chocolate bread is well worth it. If you see it, grab it because it goes fast! While the resort is geared towards families, there is an adult only pool with a jacuzzi over looking the water. It was heated, quiet, and beautiful. There is also drink service so you can really relax. The dining room also has an adult only area that couples can cuddle up in. The one thing that stands out in my mind is how happy everyone was. There were a ton of activities to keep the kids busy and they really seemed to enjoy themselves there.In 4 days I honestly never heard a child cry, they were all smiles and giggles. The golf course was a 3 out of 5. Not in the best shape but a nice relaxing round none the less. I would not hesitate to book here in the future.

Room Tip: Building B upper floor was quiet. It is away from the pool and any daytime activities
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geraldine421

Dear Geraldine421,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our resort. We are happy you enjoyed our pool area, dining options, accommodations, and resort activities. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We just returned from a week at club med. We traveled with our 10, 8 and 1 yr old. We have been to resorts all over the country and this by FAR exceeded our expectations! The room was ok but there is so much activity happening that we were only in the room to sleep.
The staff and customer service was beyond awesome. They made sure we were taken care of in every way possible. The food was fabulous. The programming and events were limitless. Everyone in the family was catered to and happy...my baby loved by the staff in the starfish room, my son playing all sports, my daughter enjoying circus class and art studio, my husband golfed and exercised and I did group exercise classes plus took advantage of the 5 star spa.
Fabulous, wonderful, perfect place to take your family!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Bbutchko

Dear Bbutchko,
Thanks for posting this review! We love that you enjoyed our entertainment, activities, dining options, spa, fitness classes and service. Once again, thank you for sharing this great review and we hope to see you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#11 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#3 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Old Colorado Inn
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!