“All-inclusive is great value, but looking a little long in the tooth.”

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Florida
“All-inclusive is great value, but looking a little long in the tooth.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here on business in February. Food was great, but not much else to get excited about. The whole place is showing its age, partly because of the dated 1980s architecture, but mostly due to a lot of small details that need attention.

My room was spacious, but not comfortable, and housekeeping was not the best.
The main bar was not an inviting place to hang out; Felt like a bowling alley lounge.
The main pool looked very nice.
Staff was multi-lingual, including French and Spanish.

If all-inclusive resorts are your thing, this might be a good fit. Otherwise there are much better lodging options in the PSL area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank RoadDogFla
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear RoadDogFla,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy that you enjoyed our dining options. However, we are sorry other aspects of our resort did not exceed your expectations. We truly appreciate the feedback you have provided here as we are always trying to improve. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you sometime in the future.
Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (771)
  • Hebrew first
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Club Med Sandpiper recently. Our only complaint was the weather which was a bit cool for Florida. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the incredible food. Everything was very well prepared and tasty and there was so much variety. The chocolate bread as always was fabulous! The new adult pool was beautiful and peaceful. The fitness program with Marissa was fun and kept me sweating. She finally got me to try zumba and I was hooked. The GOs were so charming and helpful and upbeat. Jake did a great job filling in with fitness classes and teaching water aerobics. We enjoyed our golf lessons as well. The resort was clean and the grounds were very well maintained. I would easily go back next week if only I could.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear dcr179,
Thanks for sharing this review with us! We are so happy that you enjoyed our pool area, service, fitness classes and dining options! Once again, thanks for this great review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This place is great!

The GO team is amazing and made our stay pleasurable.

The room was nice and the grounds pristine.

Didn't want to go home

The food was delicious and endless in the variety.....white chocolate bread was to die for.

The adult only pool was a place I would be happy to breath my last breath with poolside drink service and the GO bringing fruit to us while we sunbathed.

Amazing!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank mikes2360827
Dear mikes2360827,
Thanks for the review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our dining options, pool area, service and room accomodations! Once again, thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Four of my tennis teammates and I have just returned from a fantastic four day stay at Sandpiper Bay. We knew it would be a fitness and tennis extravaganza for 5 very active women, but this was truly a wildly fun 'fitness buffet'. The daily activities, including the trapeze offer nonstop and upbeat fun. The tennis clinics and instruction were top notch (thanks Gino). The resort, staff, service, activities and food exceeded our expectations. We had an extremely active and wonderful stay, thanks very much to staff like Michelle (yoga), Hunter, Robert, Lionel, Chris, Ben, Max, Jason and of course (body by) Jake for our aqua aerobics. Dining area greeters were there with a smile or to lend a hand, and the resort was immaculate and beautifully landscaped. The pools and all sitting areas have quality cushioned chairs and the spa was terrific and offered a wide array of wonderful services. Families with children can enjoy sailing lessons, turf soccer, basketball, trapeze lessons and a well-run kids' club. Evenings at the Slice Lounge/bar included live nightly shows by the staff and a live band, as well as excellent DJ dance music. We all cannot say enough about the resort and look forward to making it an annual trip. We are still smiling. Wendy L

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Wendyborntorun
Dear Wendyborntorun,
Thank you for the review of our resort! We're so happy you enjoyed our entertainment, tennis, service and resort activities. Once again, thanks for sharing this great review with us and we can't wait to see you again in the near future.
Maine
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have been visiting Club Med at Sandpiper Bay for almost ten years and each year that we return we love it more. It has become our home away from home. It is a fabulous destination for us as a family. My daughters are teenagers now and still love it! Our older daughter loves the Golf program and our younger daughter loves the trapeze and circus and the teens club. We love all the activities at Sandpiper, my husband and I play tennis, sail, and do yoga daily. We are both learning how to play golf and it is a great place to do that. I enjoy pillates, but my favorite activity is ZUMBA. We are a very active family, but you can easily enjoy Sandpiper too if you just want to relax and veg. Three pools, a beach and the bar!! My family and I love the nightly shows and the crazy signs that follow. But what makes our vacation so special are the people who work at Sandpiper. The regular staff like Nikos, Christian, Luz, Maryanna, Justine, Jack, Mark and Steve,and our waiter that treats us so well, Ambrois, just to name a few, are wonderful to see each visit. They always remember us with so much warmth.There are sooo many amazing GOs as well, like Maru, who has exudes joy, she is the ZUMBA and pillates teacher and she is so energetic, warm and friendly and makes everyone feel special. Maru and I will stay in contact forever. Michelle, who teaches yoga daily is so lovely. We found out that we graduated from the same Yoga training at Kripalu. Tracey at reception could not have been kinder to us, we sincerely appreciated her help when we had issues with our weather back home and we really bonded during this trip. We enjoyed talking and having dinner together. Our daughter loved the teens club GO. I can't believe I am forgeting her name now, I believe her name is Ann Marie and she went above and beyond with the kids. It is apparent that she loves what she does and we are so grateful because if the kids are happy then it is easy to have fun. All the trapeze GOS are terrific, especially Josh, who is so kind and fun. Robert, Ben and Jake are awesome too! The sailing Gos are amazing. Too many Gos to mention. However, I feel that the Chief of the Village, Lionel, is the reason why it is our favorite place to go, he is one of the best chiefs yet. He has made many great changes for the better. Lionel is always making sure every guest is happy. Each visit that we have had at Sandpiper has been memorable. It is always so difficult to leave and we immediately miss everyone. Sandpiper is extremely safe and pure fun!!! We can't say enough about how wonderful the tennis and golf academies are as well, the staff from top to bottom work so hard to help you improve your game and it is genuine. Big thanks to everyone. Can't wait to go back!!! See you soon:)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jill71,
Thank you for sharing this review with us. We are so happy you enjoyed our pools, resort activities, and beach. We will definitely pass your compliments on to the staff members mentioned here! Once again, thanks for the great review and we can't wait to see you again!
Cheektowaga, New York, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2013

myself and 39 employees went on a rewards trip to clubmed sandpiper bay in saint port Lucie Florida. This resort is on the top of my list for places to revisit. they had so much to do for all ages from sports to just relaxing around the pool to having a night out at the night club. 3 pools which one was for Adults only. splash park for the kids, sailing,wave boarding,spa,full gym, golf, tennis lessons, 18 hole golf course.
The most important thing was The Staff made you feel special. thery never missed a beat! Hats off to Adeline and Sherri for helping to plan the trip and Amelie,Amanda and Andrew for making sure we all had a great time.

All I can say is Amazing Resort- Amazing Staff!!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great. I had a room facing the marina. what a way to wake up in the morning!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mark Z,
Thanks for the review! We are so happy that you were pleased with our resort activities, water sports, and staff! We will be passing your kind words onto the members of our staff you mentioned here. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon!
Northern NJ
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I and our young daughter visited Sandpiper Bay for a week in March 2012 and a week in January 2013, and we have just booked a long weekend in April 2013. We live in the Northeast U.S., and find it very convenient to take a non-stop 3 hour flight to West Palm Beach. (We have also been to Beaches Turks & Caicos, and I would rate that resort higher for its winter weather, beach, pools and water park, but it's also roughly twice as expensive for us, including airfare.)

We've been very pleased with the Mini Club for kids; our daughter was in the 2-3 group last year and the 4-5 group this year, and had good experiences both times. Gina and the entire Geckos/Sharks crew in January were really terrific; friendly, enthusiastic and tireless. The highlight for my daughter was the day the kids got to paint themselves and the GO's, then jump in the pool to wash off. She also loved being a part of the circus show one night; her group dressed up as lions and tigers and got to perform a few simple tricks for the lion tamer. It was great to be able to drop her off on a rainy day and know that the GO's would keep her active and entertained all day. Our only disappointment when we returned in January was that the Raggs Band characters are no longer part of the kids' program; our daughter had really looked forward to seeing them again.

Having our daughter happy and well-cared for during the day left my husband and me free to relax, play tennis & use the gym, and enjoy the adult pool and hot tub. I also did the fantastic morning and evening yoga classes with Michelle. They are held outside overlooking the river, which is a lovely, peaceful spot for yoga. (My only complaint is that the 8:30 morning class was not a convenient time for those dropping off their kids at Mini Club at 9.)

I'm a vegetarian, my husband is an omnivore, and our daughter is a picky preschooler, yet we all found something to enjoy at the massive buffets. The vegetarian options are really fantastic at lunch (the best veggie burgers ever, and lots of salad options) but not quite as extensive at dinner. I'd also like to see chicken fingers at the lunch and dinner buffets, as my daughter won't eat hamburgers and got tired of hot dogs. The table wine provided with dinner is only fair, but you can also order better quality by the glass or the bottle.

We didn't spend a lot of time at the bar but did order a couple of margaritas to enjoy by the pool. I'm afraid the quality of these was frequently terrible, but that was a reflection of the skill of the bartenders; when we got one who knew what she was doing, the drinks were much better.

We were in a Family Bay View room (building A both times, second floor on the first visit and third floor on the second visit), and were very happy with the room and location. Having a separate space for our daughter allowed her to fall asleep earlier and sleep later than us, which kept everybody happy.

We rented a car at the airport and drove ourselves to the resort, which was more convenient for us and enabled us to take day trips on Wednesdays, when there is no Mini Club (the Palm Beach Zoo in January and the Lion Country Safari last year.)

We really enjoy our trips to Sandpiper Bay because we can spend time as a family, as a couple or pursuing individual activities. We can't wait to go back in April!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BrommyMommy
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear BrommyMommy,
Thank you for taking the time to share this review! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our kid's club, dining options, and accommodations. Once again, thanks for this great review and we can't wait to see you in April!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#5 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#10 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!