I spent four days last week at the Club Med Sandpiper resort for a business function. I had no prior experience with the Club Med way of travel, so for me this was a new experience. I had been to plenty of all-inclusive resorts, mostly in Mexico for reference. I can tell you that the food was certainly better here than at ANY of the all-inclusives i've been to in the past. The rooms were kind of a mishmash of new and old and not what one would consider luxury by any stretch, but they were large. The king size bed was two twins pushed together, so coming from a kind-size bed and being single, it was rather uncomfortable. The rooms were clean and the cleaning staff very cordial, especially considering the light mess that would become of my room from after-hours socializing.
The best part of the trip surely was the staff. I'm not sure to what metrics these resorts are managed, but I can tell you that this was one of the most engaged staffs, end to end, that I have ever seen; from bar/restaurant service to the personal attentiveness of all of your concierge and reception staff, especially Tracie - what a peach! She really went out of her way to be welcoming and she is wonderful at what she does.
The bar does need a VERY deep cleaning, including the beer tap lines. It's hard to keep a bar like that clean (I know from experience), but it reflect negatively when the beer tastes off and when the bar smells like, well, a dirty bar. A little more attention to detail here would be great. Also, the DJs were horrendous - there has to be better in the area. Some outside patio heaters would have been a nice touch outside of the bar as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie