“Very nice family resort”

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went here last week with extended family. This is a great resort to go to if you have kids (especially very little ones) because their kids' club is very good. The people who work there are very warm, outgoing and capable. I had kids ages 6, 10 and 15, and they all couldn't wait to get back to the kids' club in the morning, and again during/after dinner (even my teen). We didn't get much family time together, but the 18+ quiet pool made up for that. :-) (There was, however, spotty waiter service for drinks at the pools.)

If you're active, there are a lot of cardio and sporting activities. The food is hit or miss. Some of it was great, some was too salty, some was bland, but the choices were wide. It was all buffet for every meal; a choice of sitdown service would have been nice, and the ability to get a mixed drink somewhere besides the one bar.

There was a show every night, and the performers were the folks who work in all the different areas of the resort (kids' club, reception, food, etc.). It was fun to watch, but definitely not professional (except for the trapeze stuff).

The staff in general are really great. I don't know how they manage such long workdays, though. Good thing almost all of them are very young. I would definitely recommend this resort for families (but not for couples or those without kids). We had a wonderful time!

1  Thank Jackaroo26
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear jackaroo26,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy you enjoyed our resort activities, kids club, shows, and service. Once again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What more could you want? No need to gussy up (although you can if you want). Place your kids in tennis or day camp (although you don't have to) and join the Club Med spirit for "children of all ages"!!! I LOVED beach volleyball, sailing with my son, paddle boarding, circus acrobatics, the only L'Occitane spa in the US and the gym at my disposal all day and nite! If I wanted peace & quiet, the adult pool (1 of 3) is serene. He enjoyed trapeze, circus, sailing, art and everything in between. He was in/out of camp as we reunited intermittently for special bonding. With Devin in charge of your children the sun shines no matter what thru her beautiful personality, shining smile and bright blue eyes. The food is fresh, delicious and plentiful! NO ONE bakes breads, pastries or dessert like the French! Dine with nice wine options (or not) while the kids lounge and no one will rush you along! Evening activities are meant to be enjoyed together. Sing, dance and love life with your children, the GO's and other people you could easily meet! The rooms are clean, simple and cheerful! This aesthetic resonates throughout Sandpiper Village where "joie di vivre" is exemplified by none other than the French in our very own Sunshine State. Have reasonable expectations and you will come away with MUCH MORE than you paid for! We will surely return! It's also an outstanding choice for family reunions. I noticed several groups of families ranging in ages 2-72.

Room Tip: The recently renovated rooms were simple, spacious, clean and cheerful. They are particularly wonder...

Dear Cindy03030315,
Thanks for the review of our resort! We're so excited to hear that you enjoyed our gym. L'Occitane Spa, resort activities, beaches, pool, dining options, and camps. Once again, thanks so much for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Amazing Circus Team. The kids were able to learn so fast thanks to Chris and his whole great team! Adults also can have fun and fly!
Also the mini club med team is great.
Great resort, all the staff is nice and fun.
Good food.
A nice place to be for a couple of relaxing / sporty days!

Dear Magali V,
Thanks so much for the review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed our circus, mini club, food, and resort. We're also so happy that our staff was able to meet all your needs during your visit! Once again, thanks for the great review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Amazing trip for the whole family. I went with my family of six, four kids from college to middle school. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Everyone was entertained with the great options of paddle boarding, sailing, flying trapeze, indoor circus training, yoga, socializing, golfing, socializing, dancing, playing tennis, and way more. My family was there for one whole month and we were ALWAYS having fun, learning, and meeting great people. Such a fun and wonderful experience.

Mischa, the yoga instructor, is an RYT 200 through Kripalu Institute; however, her expertise shines even brighter through her engagement and passion. She really knows her stuff and can enlighten you further into your practice or ignite a new passion for yoga. She works tirelessly as the costume designer, yoga instructor, and lyra and hula hoop performer in a calm inviting spirit that is so fun to hang out with!

Hanah, another great spirited G.O. is a circus G.O. who always brought such a wonderful welcoming smile. She was so encouraging and welcoming to my whole family on the trapeze and circus. She was always laughing and smile with guests, quickly befriending all of them as she made a great effort to learn their names and making them feel very comfortable. We learned so much from her and her uplifting, fun presence was always something to look forward to whether at the trapeze, in the theater, or in the Slice bar & lounge.

Josh was another wonderful G.O. who worked so hard to make the trip an experience of a lifetime through encouraging the groups of kids to participate in shows while organizing them in a fun, creative, circus piece. He taught the kids to use their bodies to create art with each other to perform for a big audience. Also Josh spent a tireless amount of time one on one teaching lyra (the cool, spinning, suspended hula hoop) and double lyra. In just two lessons he was able to coach a beautiful act to myself who had never done it before. He truly worked hard to keep the circus and trapeze opportunities fun, engaging, and safe.

Isabella is another circus G.O. who was an awesome teacher, always encouraging and . She was also so interesting to talk to as she grew up around the arts with her family. She was also proof that you can go to Club Med and have options as a gluten free vegan which was extremely encouraging as food options are always top of my list when it comes to traveling as I am vegan and gluten free as well. Isabella was a truly kind, inspiring, and helpful G.O. that makes me look forward to coming back to see in March!

Another engaging and encouraging circus G.O. was Kris, he was so fun to be around and such an awesome teacher. I took one lesson from in on the silks in the theater and learned SO much. He really knows his stuff and it truly translates in his teachings and he is able to transport a lot of his ability to his students. He taught moms in their fifties and kids under ten awesome cool positions and tricks. The photos people left his silk lessons with make the students look like they are talented circus acrobats! He was always an encouraging and supportive trapeze catcher. He was always so sociable and cool to talk to and everyone looked forward to seeing him at the circus.

Arturo, a supportive and positive circus G.O., who made doing the circus and trapeze a welcoming and fun experience. He continually made all the guests feel right at home and deeply contributed to their growth on the trapeze. Arturo was always fun to hang around and really encouraged development on the flying trapeze. Great staff member, so friendly, helpful and sociable.

Dear Alexandra S,
Thanks for the review! We're so happy that members of our staff were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We will gladly pass your compliments on to them! Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Went to club Med with my Five year old son. Gina and Chris and Stephanie sara were amazing at the kids club My son was so happy to go every morning and had an awesome time. Thank you to the head Chef Christian for making my stay delicious and thank you Jacques falconi for the great company! You are all amazing. If only the weather would have been as accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Esteem2ka,
Thanks for the review of Club Med Sandpiper Bay. We're ecstatic to hear that you were pleased with members of our staff as well as our kid's club! Once again, thanks for the review and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Three generations of my family gathered at Club Med Sandpiper to celebrate Christmas 2012. We all greatly enjoyed our vacation. The staff was warm and welcoming; they graciously accommodated our various requests. But, it wasn't just the friendly special service that made our stay special, it was the extraordinary quality of instruction offered at Club Med Academies that elevated this vacation above others we have taken.

I spent much of the week working on running and swimming with triathlon trainers Tommy and James. They were professional, attentive and thoughtful. Exceptional athletes in their own right, Tommy and James are also excellent communicators with a passion for helping others achieve their athletic goals. They helped me refine my running form and my freestyle stroke. The results have been great: I'm enjoying swimming more than I have in years and noticing less discomfort in my knees on long runs. I look forward to returning to Florida to continue to train with these talented coaches.

While the golf, tennis and fitness classes we paid extra for were extraordinary, the included group fitness classes were just lousy. The instructors were incompetent and occasionally rude. Not sure why they is such a disconnect between the high quality of the fitness academy and the truly awful group fitness classes but I hope it's fixed before our next visit.

One other exceptional experience deserves note: We hired an outside photographer to come in and snap some family pics. Chef du Village Lionel and Leisure Sports Director Francis were enormously helpful with our arrangements. Without charging any additional fees, they recruited four employees to open the circus school just for our family. Additionally, circus school employee Arturo was very gracious with my family. He remained accommodating and friendly even after I changed the time more than once. Doubly impressive, these employees maintained their bright attitudes even though (as far as I could tell) no one was paid overtime for the additional work they were asked to do on our behalf.

The exceptional service at Club Med seems to spring from their unique corporate culture. Employees and guests are encouraged to socialize. Employees at Club Med seem genuinely excited to be of service to guests. While there is a lot to like about this collegial culture and the honest helpfulness of Club Med employees, it has its downside too. There is no 1:00am room service, no servers around the pool and bells boys are a rare species. Club Med-style service can be disconcerting if you are accustomed to highly attentive servers who frequently refill drinks and work hard to anticipate guest whims. Perhaps this disconnect is the source of several trips advisor reviews commenting on the poor service.

One final note, if there was a quiet bar with modest food offerings at the adult pool, Club Med Sandpiper would indeed be just about perfect.

Thanks again to Club Med and the whole Sandpiper team for making Christmas vacation such a special experience!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mcbchicago
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear mcbchicago,
Thanks for sharing! We're so happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff, fitness classes, and golf. We will gladly pass on your compliments to our staff. Once again, thanks for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spending a week at Club Med Sandpiper for Christmas was a pleasant surprise. Club Med Sandpiper gave me and my family the same “club med spirit” present in other Club Meds that we already went, such as Cancun, Ixtapa and Itaparica. One of the most expected times of the day were the Zumba classes with Fernando, the best class I ever got to participate, and the yoga classes – one at the morning and other at sunset, with Michelle. I still miss those classes. The Chef of the Village, Lionel, was always present in the daily activities, such as serving fruits in the middle of the morning. The adult swimming pool was my safe haven at the ends of the morning. With a beautiful view of the lake and quiet yet sophisticated environment, I was able to relax and simply enjoy the sound of the birds and the eagle that soared above our heads. Clean and spacious rooms, well-kept gardens and a delicious food. My next trip to Florida will definitely have a stop this Club Med.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Flavia M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
#12 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#5 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Best Western Port St. Lucie
Best Western Port St. Lucie
#7 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!