This was our fifth visit to this property. It was closed for renovations for quite a time in 2011 and the changes were dramatic and quite extensive....very successful, too! The rooms were completely redecorated and upgraded. A new, HUGE pool was added just outside the dining building and just in front of the Reception Building - Bar area. Several venues were moved to more convenient areas and, overall, the new layout is much more convenient.
However, the physical plant is only one small part of this resort's attraction. It's probably the most family-friendly resort we've ever visited. The staff is young and eager to please. It seems that there's always a G. O. (A term Club Med uses for those staffers charged with keeping the guests happy) at your shoulder. They're all over....always!
Activities, for both kids and adults are almost endless. Want to try your hand at circus acrobatics? Go ahead! Play Tennis? Sure! Golf?, on the premises! Swimming?, At least 4 pools (one,adults only). Boating? Yes! Health Club? Naturally! And..... on and on and on.
There's a super Day Camp for the kids. They can spend all or any part of the day in camp with activities all day. Want to eat lunch with the kids? Sure! Want them to eat with the camp group? OK!
Speaking of food, it's been upgraded too! The Buffet area is enormous as is the selection. I won't get into the menu, but it varies every day, and is NOT your typical "$19.95 Special" It's upscale and just plain good food, prepared and served with flair. (Don't miss the Bread Bar and their specialty Chocolate Bread).
We were nine people this time, The Grandparents, Parents, and Grandkids. Since I don't play golf or tennis, I spent eight days at Sandpiper Bay, and never spent an additional dime, including any alcohol we enjoyed.
Have no fears, you really are in for a treat at Sandpiper Bay. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie