“Hands down the BEST vacation w/ a baby or toddler!”

Club Med Sandpiper Bay
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Tampa, Florida
“Hands down the BEST vacation w/ a baby or toddler!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

CALL THE RESORT BEFORE YOU GO! ---they have theme night for supper each night and the reservationist can't tell you what you need to take with you!
NO CHILDCARE on WEDNESDAYS! Make sure to note this!
We have been to Sandpiper three times. When my son was 12 months, again when he was three and my daughter was 4 months. We just visited for the 3rd time last week. All were awsome! My 7 year old still talks about his visit when he was 3. That is how memorable it is for kids. My daughter is VERY clingy, but jumped to go with the G.O's after the first day. The food was awesome! (They changed the wine...I was less than impressed with their new choices.)
We recently moved to Florida, which means we will go more often now. (I hate to fly!) It is expensive, but worth every single penny! The golf course is awesome. Make sure to prepay for a golf package. We are not tennis players, but I think it is pretty well know for their tennis camps as well.
P.S. I can't imagine some guy getting some sort of food sickness there??? You could eat off the floors in the dinning facilities.

Room Tip: We have stayed in different buildings with each stay. All have excellent qualities. We have never...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear poynorwife9819,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your third vacation at Club Med Sandpiper Bay! We appreciate your loyalty and support! We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our delicious food and awesome childcare. We would also like to thank you for your suggestions regarding our wine because your opinion is important to us. We couldn’t be more excited to hear that you’ve moved closer and can’t wait for your next visit!

Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Hebrew first
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our family has vacationed here practically every year. The renovations are done and the rooms are much better. Soft sheets and towels and much more comfortable beds. My kids loved the bunk beds. The food is delicious however some of the old selections are missing. The restaurant staff is extremely helpful. Luz is warm and friendly. Max will greet you with a smile. The chefs esp. Daniel and Victor were so accommodating regarding special diets and food allergies. They are a pleasure to deal with. This year the lifeguards impressed us with their helpfulness and friendliness (Alanah and Pierce). Kudos to the tennis team who gave our son lessons with skill and pAtience. Speaking of smiles Robert the recruiter was above and beyond friendly a real wealth of club med info. Logan and Gregory were especially pleasant to us. The bar team led by Raymond rocks! Ray even concocted a personalized drink for us!! What a special vacation thanks to the Reception staff led by the lovely always helpful Ashley. Hopefully we aren't forgetting anyone in reception Brandon Carrie (who researched urgent cares for us treating us like family and taking a lot of time and patience) Rebecca Tracey Natalie Will and KAt. The village chief was absent this week however you would never know it thanks to the incredible Jeff. He was there at every turn. No matter how busy he was he always greets you with a smile and makes time to chat. Jeff was awesome years ago in the mini club. Now he is a great emcee. He will make a fabulous Chief. The shows were great with fernando dancing and Michelle and her hula hoop ! We loved our Club Med vacation. We always meet people that come back year after year and always make new friends too. This year they added paddleboarding. The kids had a ball in the teen lounge! Hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed June 2012
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear gussusan,
Thank you for telling us all about your vacation! We are thrilled that our amazing staff and other amenities have kept your family coming back year after year. It is wonderful that your family enjoyed our renovations and accommodations, especially the bunk beds! We can’t wait to see you again next year!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

My family got back from our first visit to Sandpiper a few days ago just getting to write my review because I was recovering from being sick from what I think was bad food. Overall I thought the resort was great check in was wonderful. Our room was great we were on the 1st floor of building C overlooking the bay. My 4 year old son loved the kids club especially Marissa and being in the kids club show on Tuesday night. He did get a spider bite on the beach but the emergency care place close by was nice and quick. I also had 2 teenage sons with me who had a great time roaming around the resort and doing activities. They however did not like the "teen club". They said it was always filled with 9 or 10 year olds, not very teen exclusive. My husband took tennis and golf lessons and found them all very good! My major complaint was with the marketplace restaurant. The first would be the reservations they do for large groups, the larger parties could reserve a section and come whenever they wanted which limited space if you did not get there when they opened due to tables not being turned over quickly. Which is the next problem, if we were there at opening then everything was clean any time an hour or so after opening and it was not. I actually had a table cleaned and reset for me while I waited and between the set up for 4 there were 2 dirty glasses a fork and knife that actually looked used and had food on them and 3 dirty napkins. On the night where I had to take my son to drs for spider bite we made it back for last hour of dinner which is when I ate something bad. I think it may have been one of the salads, it was one of the few things the rest of my group did not also have. Within 2 hours I was getting sick all night and the next morning I missed a whole day of my vacation. I have to believe it was something I ate. I was fine before, no fever or other symptoms, and 36 hours after it started I was fine and back to normal. So my advice is to eat early or at Soiel!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

We had such an amazing vacation during mid May at Sandpiper. I can truly say that it is due to the G.O.'s that are there. In twenty of years of going to Club Med with my parents, being an ex-GO, and now going with my own family I can say that G.O's really can make a vacation even more enjoyable. A year ago we went to Sandpiper, and we did not enjoy it nearly as much since the G.O.'s were not as friendly. Matter of fact they kept to themselves. This year I can't say enough about the G.O. team. I went during Mother's Day with my husband, son,and my parents.

First of all I can't thank Drika and her Mini Club team enough. My son Haydan loved the G.O's and GM's that took such good care of him. Alberto was definately one of his favorites. Haydan really had so much fun with Alberto who was so sweet, and wonderful with Haydan. Our son also enjoyed Pat (GM) and Chris (GM) . Haydan got mad at us on Wednesday when the Mini Club was closed since he had so much fun in Mini Club. Although we were glad to have the whole day to spend as a family. Same thing with Pajama Club at night. He would get different G.O's every time, but he would be incredibly upset if he did not get to go to Pajama Club. Now I know that is the highest compliment from our son to the Mini Club. I also would go to trapeze every day to watch Haydan fly. I spent alot of time observing the interactions between the G.O.'s and kids during the week and half we were there. I can not speak highly enough of the G.O.'s for the 4-7 year olds. They combined groups since it was slower. Also Drika arranged for a special surpise goodbye for Haydan with some of the G.O.'s. It was so sweet, and we were all deeply touched by their thoughtfulness. In the other 3 previous Club Med vacations with Mini Club the other teams never went out of their way to say goodbye. It was really special. I can't sing their praises enough.

The circus team was incredible with son. Patrick, DJ, Dale, and Gregory taught Haydan so much. They also helped him to foster his enjoyment of flying. They are a very good team. Our son still cannot stop talking about the circus team and flying.The shows that the circus team put on were incredible, and very entertaining. They did several shows during the week. Each one was better then the next. A special thank you to Jackie. We spent alot of time at meals with Jackie, and she is so nice. We really enjoyed her company. Haydan really enjoyed talking with her up on the trapeze platform.

The bar team is very nice. We really enjoyed the spending time with Marcus, Alain, Steven, Racheal, and Raymond. They make the bar environment so much more lively than it was last year.

The one reason why we gave this trip only four stars is because of the food. In twenty years of Club Med's this is the worst by far. We continuely joked about going out to the Red Lobster we saw in town. We seriously considered it. Although we usually enjoyed the company of G.O.'s during meals that made it more social then going out to dinner. There were a few items that were good, but few and far between. We were really disappointed. Though they had an good meal for brunch on Mother's Day. I will say we deeply expect this is because they advertise and sell day passes to locals. Of course they want to put their best foot forward for a holiday to get the local business. The village was packed for Mother's Day. Wish they would have put that much effort into food every other meal. Tuesday night they did have crab legs which was there big meal of the night. Enough of the downside. There was so many positives of our vacation to focus on this. We just hope they improve this area in the future.

We had a family club room with a River view. The rooms were very nice. Our son really enjoyed the bunk beds. It was great for him to have a seperate area in the same room.

The highest compliment the whole G.O. team can get is from my parents. They left a few days before us to go to the Key's. This is something they talked about doing this for a few years. They were gone one night, and realized that it wasn't what they envisioned. So the next day they returned to Club Med for another 4 nights. They had enjoyed spending time with the G.O. team that they wanted to return, and have some more fun. They really enjoyed spending time with Robert.

It was such an amazing vacation. We have so many incredible memories. If you get a chance to go before October before this G.O. team goes to other villages you will be lucky. They really do work well together, and are very nice. I can't say thank you enough for such an incredible vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim9902
Dear Kim9902,
Thank you for reflecting on your past experiences with Club Med! It’s clear that you have quite a history with us, and we truly appreciate your support! We’re thrilled to hear that your son made such a great connection with our staff members and that he enjoyed spending so much time with them. We would also like to thank you for your insights regarding our food. We can assure you that customer satisfaction is of high importance, and we will certainly address this issue for the future. We would love an opportunity to make it up to you and hope that you will be returning very soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Just got back from a week with husband, 16 year old son and 14 year old daughter. This place offers something for everyone! My boys played alot of golf, I played alot of tennis, and my daughter enjoyed yoga, Zumba, cardio splash and paddle boarding. My kids did not want to hang out at Latitude 27, mainly because each time they stopped by, the place was filled with 10 year olds (some probably younger). Little ones should be discouraged from going in since it is the only place dedicated to the teens.

Food was great and the variety was never ending. We ate at both restarants, and the Marketplace always seemed to be more convenient. Chocolate bread was divine! Some guests (not just kids but adults too) were not familiar with the concept of waiting in line, and would cut to the front to fill their plates. Maybe a few GOs dispersed around the food lines could help them with their manners!

Room Tip: We were in Building C, which is way too far from everything except the adult pool. Building A would...
2 Thank Stella55711
Dear Stella55711,
Thank you for telling us about your vacation! Our goal is to provide an unforgettable vacation for guests of all ages, and we couldn’t be happier that you noticed. We would also like to thank you for your insights regarding Latitude 27 because your opinion is very important to us. We will certainly consider this for the future. We hope you will be back again soon to make more great memories!

Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had an excelent time at the resort. Very good food, very well organized activities for the children.
The service in the reception was exceptional. Terry and Rebecca were very kind and Mark surprise me when he brought me a USB from his own home that I needed to charge a blood preassure machine for my baby.
I would definetely came back with my family and friends.

Dear Ariel H,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! It is great to hear that you had an amazing vacation due to our delicious food and awesome staff. We hope you will return to see us again very soon!

Delray Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have to say that I have been to Club Med many times and visited not just Sandpiper, but also several other Club Med locations and I have never in my time as a visitor made as many GO friends and connections as I did the last time I went to Sandpiper over Memorial Day weekend. The staff and family of GOs this year are truly incredible. To name a few in particular, Hunter who works at Latitude 27 was wonderful. You could see how much he loved what he was doing. It was truly a pleasure to spend time with someone as amiable and friendly as Hunter. He was always willing to play a game with you or spend extra time to make sure you had a great vacation. He remains a good friend even after me leaving the resort. I would hope for the sake of Sandpiper that he continues his work at Latitude 27 and Club Med in general as no one has as much passion and enjoyment for his job as Hunter does. I look forward to seeing him again this year. The other standout for me was Anthony. He guided people to their seats in the Dining Room and gave tours of the club. His exuberant personality and sense of humor made him a wonderful addition to the staff of GOs. He is truly hilarious. I can't wait to visit Sandpiper and reunite with all the GO friends I made. Everyone working there is wonderful. See you guys soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Gracie C,
Thank you for sharing your Club Med memories with us! It’s clear that you made some great connections with other guests, as well as with our staff. We are certainly lucky to have such wonderful team members to help each guest have an unforgettable vacation. We’re sure they would love to see you again and hope they you’ll be back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
BEST WESTERN Port St. Lucie
BEST WESTERN Port St. Lucie
#6 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!