When you settle into bed every night of your vacation and say to yourself, "we had a great day today" you know it's a good vacation. This is our 6th time back to Club Med Sandpiper Bay (CLSB). The first 2 times was before we had kids. My husband and I love to play golf and tennis. So this was a perfect all-inclusive resort, plus there is an adult only pool. Once we had kids and we needed child care in order to play golf this was a no brainier. Drop off kids by 9 am, then 18 holes of golf, maybe some tennis, spa, and then adult alone time to read or relax by the pool. But if you prefer not to be away from your kids all day long you can spend as much or as little time with them as you prefer and there are plenty of activities offered for the whole family. We first returned when my now 6 year old was just under a year old. So we've experienced all levels of Club Med child care. I can honestly say my kids have always been happy and well cared for. Now that they are 3 & 6 have a total blast at Mini Club Med to the point that they complain if we pick them up too early in the day. There's pool time, arts and crafts, water sports, circus school, dance class, sports and more. The GOs in Flamingo and Shark are all excellent, but my kids especially loved Patrick, Camille, Jessi, Luna, Amanda, Leoni, Chris and Norma. Kel in Petite Sports was especially good to my girls. Mini Club Med now closes on Wednesdays which a great excuse to have a full day of family time. There's still no shortage of activities for the whole family on those days.
The food is terrific especially for mass produced buffet style. For those who have never been to Club Med it is known for a selection of home made breads at every meal. I suspect CLSB has better food than most Club Meds as they have access to quality ingredients at a more reasonable price than the islands. But for those who don't have an adventurous appetite there is always a selection of pasta, burgers, hot dogs and pizza.
The rooms have been renovated and the new beds are much more comfortable than the old ones. We now choose a room with a King size bed and a partitioned area for bunk beds which my girls love. My only complaint is there isn't much space for a family of 4 to store clothing, but it just forces me to pack less every time we return. Also the old rooms had a bunch of hooks on the wall next to the closets which were great for hanging wet clothing or extra wet towels. The new rooms no longer have these hooks and I wish they'd put them back.
There's 5 pools including an adult-only pool and two kiddie pools (one with mini splash park). The bigger pools can be a bit cold, but tolerable once in them. CMSB is known for fitness as there are classes offered throughout the day and a new beautiful fitness center. But there are also plenty of places to lounge about and be lazy if that's your thing too. The gold course is good, not great. The new tennis facility is awesome. There are complementary tennis and golf lessons for all levels and the instructors are top notch.
Every night there's some form of entertainment, usually geared towards the kids and a couple of times my kids were included in performing the show which was very col for them. We slept very well not only from comfortable beds, but also from fun-filled days. We will definitely be returning to CMSB!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie