We took our 6-month-old here for our first family vacation and had such a relaxing and memorable vacation. Our expectations were quite low going into it as we didn't know how the baby would respond. He did very well. He slept well in the provided pack & play in the second bedroom of our hotel room, he seemed to enjoy sitting in the high chair and trying some of the baby food they had available (plus fresh fruit from the buffet every day). Also, there are so many nice shady places to sit and nap, like cabanas and big loungers with shades you can draw shut.
We didn't take advantage of the daycare services, but we did try out the baby gym, which was fun. We also didn't go to any of the shows.
The meals were fairly good, though they don't compare to the all-inclusives or cruises we've taken abroad. The main dining room is buffet only, and with lots of kids running around, it doesn't lend itself to a quiet, romantic meal. Then again, we weren't looking for that. But if we didn't have a baby with us, I'm not sure how excited I would be about that dining arrangement. We also tried the a la carte service ... the view was spectacular, but the food and service were just OK. They always had the same items, mostly snacks. The best thing was the black olive tapenade (YUM!). Once I tried to order multiple items and the server kind of gave me attitude and said, "You know that's a lot of food, right?" Again, that kind of thing would never happen on a cruise or all inclusive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Floridian charm in our renovated all-inclusive family resort of Sandpiper, nestled by the Saint Lucie River which provides fun and excitement on the beach or on sailboats. Travel to Club Med Sandpiper Bay with your family and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation amidst a full-amenity resort where families can discover incomparable sports and children's programs. Make the most of your vacation to discover tennis, golf and fitness with our top coaches in the Club Med Academies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med and Hotwire so you can book your Club Med Sandpiper Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Med Sandpiper Club
- Club Med Sandpiper Florida
- Club Med Port Saint Lucie
- Sandpiper Club Med
- Club Med Port St Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Club Med
- Club Med Sandpiper Bay Florida/Port Saint Lucie