“Had a wonderful time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Orlando, Florida
“Had a wonderful time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

My wife, son and I want to commend the Sailing GOs Ana, Andrew and John. They were very helpful and friendly.

Shannon at the bar was friendly and attentive.

We loved the Circus team: Matt-Matt, Alex and Megan, they made a challenging activity fun.

Anne is an excellent yoga teacher her class was a great way to start the day.

Michel, the sommelier was always around if we needed anything and was knowledgeable conducted an entertaining wine tasting. Chris in the restaurant as well as all the staff there were helpful.

Nikki and Shannon at the spa made my wife very comfortable with their friendly attitudes and professional service.

We look forward to returning.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
Dear RaymondGolden,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We were so glad to read that you and your family were pleased with yoga, our Club Med Team, and more. We hope that you all can come back again soon for another great vacation!

Your Club Med Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
  • Hebrew first
Mairetta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

This is a fantastic resort for families with children or teens. It will be completely refurbished by Mar 2012. They are adding a huge Spa and Fitness Area. We were in a pre-renovated room which was huge with a wonderful walk-in closet, separate vanity and bath area. Mini Fridge and coffee-maker. There are 3 pools, one of which is adults only. They are not the huge pools with waterfalls and swim up bars you see in Caribbean All Inclusives.
Golf course is just OK per my husband but their instructors are the BEST. Tennis Academy has pros that trained Agaissi, Courier and Seles.
Food was great. The chocolate bread is to die for. Some rooms hold up to 6 people. Kids Clubs are fantastic with age groups from 4 months to 17 years. We glanced in on the Baby Club and each of the 4 infants there had a separate nanny. The kids all seemed to be having a great time with their counselor.
Loved the Zumba and Splash Aerobics I participated in and the totally relaxing facial.
They even have a Circus School. Now I would not consider this resort Luxury and it is not on the beach. It is on the river and they do have a small man-made beach.
They also have sailing lessons. I recommend this resort expecially to couples with young children. Only draw back was no swim up bar so bring a large insulated mug for drinks around the pool.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoyceAndrews
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear JoyceAndrews,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We were very glad to read that you were pleased with the food, Zumba, Kids Clubs, and more. We hope you can join us again soon for another fantastic vacation!

Jupiter
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

I just returned from Club Med Sandpiper Bay and was overall satisfied but not impressed. If you are looking for a luxury resort this is not the place. It is a lot of families with little kids so screaming children are usual at dinner. This resort being dubbed as completely renovated is a lie. The premises are gorgeous!! However, the renovated rooms are simply new paint and furniture, they are dirty and dust is everywhere!! Also if you have allergies beware, my mother had a lot of trouble breathing in the room due to the dust and strange odor(possibly mold). In contrast the pool, food, service, sports academies, and kids clubs are excellent. This was my first Club Med experience and as great as the facilities were I will probably not return due to the rooms. They are simply not worth the money, and I was only there two nights.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank ResortTraveler19
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear ResortTraveler19,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool, food, service, sports academies and more. Please know that your issues have been passed along to management. We hope these will not deter you from future vacations with Club Med.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

My husband, myself and my 27 year old son are having a superb time here. Michel, who is the sommelier and runs the restaurant, couldn't be more helpful and charming. All the GOs have smiles on their faces and make you feel welcome. The rooms are spacious, the pools are superb. There is plenty to do, from yoga to sailing to Zumba. Come on over, you'll like it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
clubmedofficial, Guest Relations Manager at Club Med Sandpiper Bay, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear mariagolden,

Thank you for the amazing review! We were so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed the rooms, pools, yoga, and more. We hope that you all can join us again soon for another wonderful vacation!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

Great weather. Great service. The food was amazing. But SLICE and their employees made it an unbelievable experience. Shannon, from New York, always remembered my name and even had dinner with my family. This is the reason I will be a yearly return guest

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Dear medge5,

Thank you for the fabulous review! We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback on the food, service, and our Club Med Team. We hope that you can return soon for another fantastic time!

midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I've stayed in several different Club Med Resorts in the world and this is one that has me perplexed. For an all inclusive resort to not have a bar at or near the adult pool is just strange - It is all the way on the other side of the resort!
I did like the fact that there was an adults only dining area, but there were way too many children in the bar area for the "adults only" vacationer. I also enjoyed the full service outside dining area, complete with full bar (order anything with orange juice - it's fresh squeezed). The other disappointment was the coffee at breakfast - I like really strong, rich, dark roast coffee Once the bar opened, a good cup of coffee could be had. The food varied in quality, but I never had trouble finding something I liked. The breads, as usual for Club Med, are fabulous!
A final issue we had was the lack of towels at the pool area. Pool towels were available only at the laundry - very easy for the staff, not so for the guest!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank funinthesunmidwest
Dear funinthesunmidwest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are truly sorry that you feel your vacation at Club Med Sandpiper Bay was not up to par. Please know that your issues have been brought to management’s attention. We hope they will not deter you from future vacations with Club Med.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I spent there 9 days with my family and parents in law. I not only found it expensive for what if offers, but also we had a Deluxe room, and it had no water view, but parking view. Quite disappoining! Food is nothing special, either; alcohol brands are cheap ones, imagine that Baileys is not even the original Irish Baileys brand, but a cheaper unkown brand one. Rum the same, Martini is not Martini either ... The staff are very nice though, although not always efficient. I slid down the stairs on a rainy day because the floor was wet (nobody had taken care of drying it) and the lift was broken for the second time in a row along my 9 day stay. I complained at the reception about the issue and they told me to fill up an accident form, which I did. They also told me at the Reception that the management would get back to me. They even said that most probably the management would offer me a voucher for a free stay at Club med to compensate me for the injure suffered in my knee. I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM THEM EVER SINCE, AND THAT WAS MARCH 2011.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rgarcia_llamas
Dear rgarcia_llamas,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are truly sorry that you were so displeased with our resort. Please know that your issues have been brought to management’s attention. We hope these will not deter you from future vacations with Club Med.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#5 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Old Colorado Inn
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Club Med Sandpiper Bay? Share your experiences!