“worst waitress I have ever encountered”

Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Clara, California
“worst waitress I have ever encountered”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I was in charge of finding a nice comfortable, atmosphere for dinner with my out of town family. I had been inside the Holiday Inn restraunt before about 2 months ago and really liked the service staff and the "PRIME_RIBB" dinner was execellent..this last week on a friday night my family and I were treated like we were a nuscense to the waitress,she was very impatient with my brother making his order,she asked him to "hurry up and decide what he wanted to drink" she had a terrible attitude..as we were finished with our first course ,we had to flag her down,to get service for re-fills of drinks..which she made a smart remark ,"are you sure you know what you want this time,because I am very busy with other customers and dont have time to stand and wait for you to decide" I asked to speak to a manager and she informed me there was no-one there that night I would have to call in the morning..then she asked if that would be all we wanted and proceded to get the bill..(as if she was throwing us out of the dining area.)
I will inform every one I know not to go to Holiday Inn in PSL --EVER AGAIN
I hope the home office will read this and get rid of that [--] waitress.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I really enjoyed this hotel. The lady at the desk was sweet and friendly, but too bad the price tag is a bit steep for me ($99 a night). I'm an internet bargain hunting junkie so, I normally don't pay more than $80 for a place. But alas, it was spur of the moment. (This is why I normally plan things in advance.)

This hotel had the basics (iron, ironing board, coffee maker), but once again, there was no microwave or refrigerator. Hahaha.

Anyway, they were doing construction in the parking lot, so make sure you don't park on that side of the lot, or your car gets towed.

They have a full fledged restaurant on the first floor, but I opted for room service. It was about $5 for a delicious breakfast. Please don't make my mistake in ordering the french toast. Instead, get the breakfast platter with all the fixings. It's the same price, but you get more bang for your buck.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 16, 2009

It was a joy to stay here. Everything was clean and the room was always made up perfectly. The staff is very efficient, friendly and courteous. I was happy with the stay.

This is a non smoking hotel and they mean it. There wasn't a trace of smoke anywhere.

By the way, this hotel has absolutely the very best staff of front desk clerks I have encountered in a long, long time!

• Liked — Housekeeping prepares each room ti perfection Front Desk clerks are exceptional.
  • Disliked — A slight mix up caused me to have to change rooms on myh second days' stay. Hotel did their best to make up for this inconvenience on a very very busy Valentines Day night!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
bluiiz31nc
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We had to move our room 3 times in 3 days, unbenownst to me, the Mets minor league stay here while they train, so it was noisy during the evening while we were trying to sleep, let alone they were running around in their underwear( all for my daughter to see & hear), in the hallway, the rooms are dirty, check under the pull out sofa mattress to see the cleaniness. Gross. As for the pool,it is old, no umbrella's for shade, the chairs are old, the pool has rust spots as well as the waterfall is cracked in numerous places, looks better on the website then in person. Just a dirty, old hotel that cost as much as the Hilton garden Inn just about 8 miles away! No deal here, run the other way ! I complained, I received 1 night stay comp'd, howefver if I wasn't there due to a death in my family, I would have changed hotels. Upon my arrival home, I contacted corporate, they apologized and promised they would contact the owner directly. Big Deal, In this day and age and the economy being what it is, the owner/franchise better raise the bar or they soon will be out of business. People want quality not garbage for our dollar.
North Carolina.

• Liked — the waitresses in the restaurant
  • Disliked — pretty much everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
HolidayPSL, Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
The minor league team no longer stays here and the hotel has completed renovations. Definitely worth a visit.

Travelers are raving about these Port Saint Lucie hotels

Baltimore
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Rooms were clean and recently renovated. Had to ask for clean towles and washclothes everyday. Asked for a room on the 1st or 2nd floor due to a person in our party that hates to ride elevators. We were put on the 5th floor. When asked to change we were told there where no rooms available. Staff was very friendye. Kids and I enjoyed going to breakfast buffet. Another perk is that kids eat free at hotel resturant. The resturant closes somewhat early. Wish we could have had time to eat dinner there.

Stayed May 2008
Lafayette, NJ
Reviewed March 4, 2008

My 10-year old son and I just returned from a Mets spring training getaway long weekend. The PSL Holiday Inn was a great place to stay (only 8 miles from Tradition Field) and a great value too (we booked directly through Holiday Inn's website).

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The heated waterfall pool was great for relaxing after the games.

The most remarkable asset of this hotel is their marvelous staff, which was absolutely as friendly and helpful as could be. I've been to 4-star resorts that could learn a few lessons in customer service from a stay at the PSL Hoilday Inn!

We even got to meet some of the New York Mets because many of them stay in the hotel during spring training. Again, the staff went out of their way to bring some Mets players into the hotel restaurant to meet my son while we were eating breakfast. My son got to shake hands and talk to a player (Dan Murphy) on Saturday morning, watch him get a clutch 9th inning hit Saturday afternoon, and then get his autograph at the game on Sunday. Doesn't get much better than that for childhood memories.

• Liked — Amazing staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2008

Very nice hotel. Staff during check in and check out were very polite and friendly. Room was clean and well maintained. Hotel was quiet - as a frequent business traveller, this is one hotel I would recommend to any frequent traveller!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Best Western Port St. Lucie
Best Western Port St. Lucie
#6 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lucie, West
Hampton Inn & Suites Port St. Lu...
#3 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie

Been to Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie? Share your experiences!