I hadn't looked at the tripadvisor reviews before booking this hotel; but having stayed there I expected to find that most of the reviews were poor. That does not appear to be the case.
As in all things you can only comment upon what you personally experience. Just before I start my review let me draw the reader's attention to the fact that most of my previous hotel reviews have been very positive. This is our experience of this hotel.
When we checked in we were allocated a room for the disabled. Neither of us has a disability and would not have requested such a room. It was located at the far end of a ground floor corridor. There was an unpleasant, but not strong, smell wafting in the corridor. The room itself had a dank smell. My wife did not like it at all, I was prepared to tolerate it on the basis that it was for only two nights. Nevertheless I reported our dissatisfaction to the receptionist and all credit to her, she immediately upgraded us to a suite. Whilst this was much better, it, like the rest of the hotel was very tired. The furniture and general state of the room's decoration was 'sad'.
Why would we have been allocated a room for the disabled when other rooms were available? There is no reason for any room, particularly one designated as being for guests with disabilities, to be in such a poor condition.
We had booked breakfast with our room rate. Without going into detail this was also a poor experience mainly due to the attitude of the server.
Overall I was left wondering why the owners of this hotel were allowed to keep the Holiday Inn franchise. It needs a complete renovation including staff training.
We stayed in six different hotels (with either an IHG or Hilton Group franchise) on this trip and this , thankfully, was the only one with which we were not satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, it's Holiday Inn - Port St. Lucie. Welcome to our hotel, conveniently located on US 1, in the heart of the Treasure Coast. We're in close proximity to Hutchinson Island beaches, New York Mets Spring Training, St. Lucie Medical Center, restaurants, shopping at the Treasure Coast Mall, championship golf, water sports, deep-sea fishing, and local businesses in downtown Jensen Beach, Stuart, Palm City and Fort Pierce, which makes us the perfect choice for business or pleasure. The Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie is a full service, Green Lodging Certified and all interior corridor hotel in Port St. Lucie and features Gatwick's Restaurant & Lounge. Whether experiencing breakfast or dinner in our restaurant, a relaxing break in our lounge or dining in the comfort of your own room, you'll find that good taste surrounds you. Flexible function space at the Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie is ideal for business meetings and social events. Our creative and professional meeting and catering staff is available to assist with menu planning, entertainment, decorations and transportation. Relax in our beautiful free form heated pool with grotto waterfall and hot tub or get a workout in our fitness room. Your experience at our hotel begins with a warm greeting from our enthusiastic staff, here to provide you with the high level of service you deserve. We look forward to meeting you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie Hotel Port Saint Lucie
- Holiday Inn Port Saint Lucie
- Port Saint Lucie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie Florida/Port Saint Lucie