New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stuart, Florida
“During the storm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have never been through a hurricane and wanted to get off the island we were on when the storm came. We decided to go to the Holiday Inn, Port St. Lucie. The front desk clerk was amazing, she helped me check in early to get ahead of the storm. As well, she was welcoming and friendly even though I brought tons of luggage and supplies. The following day the manager assisted me with a late check-out due to a tornado warning during regular check-out hours. Great hotel overall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night, a Saturday, after spending the day moving our daughter into her new apartment. Check-in was a breeze. We were not able to take advantage of the great looking pool, but it appeared to be clean and well maintained. Our only negative comment would be the size of the bathroom and the dated armoire/tv cabinet (very 80's!). We plan on staying again on our next visit!

• Stayed August 2012
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I sayed here on Saturday, July 29, 2012 to visit family in town. I was pleasantly surprised as you never really can tell what your getting when you book online. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Check-in was not only courteous but fast. Upon entering the room there were a couple of issues, the toilet paper on the roll was from the previous people and without being descriptive had tells tale signs of being just that, I immediately pulled the corner of the bed mattress bed (after my horrific bed bug experience in Paris) to check and the mattress pad had stains all down the side as if a coffee or soda had spilled on the pad, there were black hairs also on the mattress pad. On my way out to dinner I advised the front desk of what I had observed and she took my concerns very sreiously and apologized and stated that the situation would be rectified. Upon arrival from dinner, everything had been corrected, new mattress pads, all clean. The front desk apologized once again and stated they appreciated that we advised them of this as they need to know of such issues. The pool was pleasant and I enjoyed the relaxing sound of the waterfall. There were only two other people all evening at the pool. I would definately stay here again and the price was outrageously reasonable. I did not find the hotel in desperate need of repair and modernization as others have experienced and I will admit that I am rather picky.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were driving to south florida and needed a room last minute. Started calling for rooms in Orlando and ended up finding availability at this Holiday Inn. Room was dirty, holes in bathroom door, After our stay, I filled out survey from hotel. Never heard back from them. I stay in hotels about 50 nights a year. Although I belong to their Priority Club, I dont use Holiday Inns often and now will use them even less. Buyer beware!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear jeff l,

First of all, thank you for being a Priority Club Member. We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations regarding your room accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for your feedback!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Stoke on Trent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We are from the UK and have stayed here many times and not just for one night but for at least 2 weeks at any time.We have never had any problems at all, great staff, friendly and helpful, they greet us like old friends.
We always have a mini suite which b works for us along with a good breakfast each morning.
I am mystified by some of the comments on some reviews, I cannot understand what they are talking about.
My only slight concern is the hotel launderette it neds to have more machines, but that is only a minor issue.
We have stayed in hotels all over the USA and there is nothing wrong with this one at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janno3
detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Nice hotel close to everything, staff was very helpful helped us with directions with a map to get to the airport but I smellled pot in the hotel hall way next to room 420 LOL and the room number was missing from that room we got a chuckle from that would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Coral Gables, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed for one night. Pool was nice for the kids. Room was small with two double beds. Clean and updated. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wernolabound
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Saint Lucie
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 487 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village / Port St. Lucie
Hilton Garden Inn at PGA Village...
#2 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 535 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#8 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
#4 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 290 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie? Share your experiences!