“Excellent Food & Entertainment; Not so Good Service”
Review of Shindig

Shindig
Ranked #144 of 339 Restaurants in Port Saint Lucie
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Excellent Food & Entertainment; Not so Good Service”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I visited on Sunday March 10, 2013. I was with my husband for a late lunch. I was greeted and seated immediatly but it took a while for a server to get to the table. I ordered Fish & Chips and my husband ordered Corn Beef & Cabbage. The food was excellent in both taste and presentation. It took long for the server to get to the table to take the order, bring the food and take payment. Most of the attention went to the table next to me as it was a bigger party. i understand to a point but the waiter never came to see how we were doing, if I needed anything I had to get his attention. Has that Irish Pub look and an Irish Band. Very nice but very slow service.

• Visited March 2013

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Shepherd Pie Misses the Mark”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This Irish Pub has the atmosphere of being Irish, brick and mortar walls with Irish posters, semi-circular booths with bookcases full of books. The menu is a blend of American, British and Irish items. I had the Shepherd Pie that was disappointing, small dish topped with mashed potatoes over ground meat, normally the meat is lamb but it tasted more like beef, very small portion of filling with bland taste, normally a blend of vegetable and lamb meat almost the same consistency of stew, this evening little meat, 1 carrot and gravy.
My wife had the cheeseburger and just the presentation looked like a tasty meal, it comes with OTL on a Kaiser roll, large portion of meat, and cooked just right, I had a taste and was nice and juice very flavorful nice side of French fries came with the dish also good.
We arrived during happy hour and had a nice selection of British/Irish beer on tap, 2 for 1 a good price, service was very good, our waitress had a delightful Irish accent. Overall a mixed experience maybe they are trying to Americanize the Irish food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rob O
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“A real Irish pub!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I picked this place to eat on our trip to Port St. Lucie (PSL) based on reviews I read in Trip Advisor. Thank you fellow Trip Advisor reviewers! This place is great. The happy hour is wonderful. My husband loved the beers. We spent 4 and 1/2 days in Port St. Lucie and ate here twice. Both times the food was great and the servers were pleasant and friendly. Turns out that friends of ours go here regularly! When we move out to PSL, this will definitely be one of our regular places to eat. Oh, and my husband said he will never eat a Reuben anywhere else.....theirs is the best he's had and he's had lots of Reubens. If you travel to Port St. Lucie or if you live out there, you HAVE to come to Shindig!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank mees422
Madison, Connecticut
“Best fish and chips, tasty batter, mussels with buttery garlic bread .”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

First time here and treated with friendly server and good recommendations. We both enjoyed happy hour local beers and the above mentioned entrees. We will be back especially when we heard about the Sunday afternoon Irish music.

1 Thank seniorfoodie1946
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Very authentic.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere. Great food. Great drinks. Very authentic menu. Bangers and mash. Irish breakfast. The staff is super friendly and they have my drink ready by the time I get to the bar. Cheers!