“ok”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Used to be better. Went for Cinco De Mayo and waited forever for drinks and dinner. When it came was dry as a bone and was cold. Chips and salsa ok but had to ask to get it. Then they wanted to charge me for them and that with waiting an hour for my food. Was busy. Needed more people. Was my waitresses first day. Mistake on a holiday.

There are newer reviews for Zapata's Border Cafe

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was impressed with the quality and taste of the food. One of the best I found so far in Florida! Good margaritas, too. Enormous portions. I definitively recommend this place.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Sat down in a nicely decorated place. Ordered a margarita, but when I was informed that the cost would be $8.99, I decided on water instead. My sister ordered a Corona. The Corona took a long time to arrive - I think no one had bothered to stock the refrigerator, and they had to ice it. Even so, it came to the table just barely cool.
After some time our entrees arrived. I ordered the Acapulco chicken - what a mistake! I thought the chicken was perhaps precooked and heated up for service because it was so dry. When I asked the waitress, she told me no, it was cooked on "la plancha". Seemed very odd to me that a chicken breast cooked from raw should be so dry. The rice on the plate was obviously Minute rice! Really people - do you think your customers don't know the difference?
It is insulting to the customer to think so!

My sister ordered a seafood dish. She said the scallops were rubbery and tasted fishy, she thought the shrimp had been frozen.
All in all we both thought the food was unremarkable and we won't be back. It makes me wonder - obviously the staff is Hispanic -- what do they eat?
The food was of a quality one typically finds in a cafeteria-type establishment.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

All the dishes are excellent but whatever you do, get the soup. They make several and it is hard to choose because they are all so good. The drinks are good too.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Ordered the Acapulco Steak - basically a skirt or flank steak. I know skirt steak. What we were served was more like cheap chuck. And....it was so over the top salty, it was inedible. The server's response was that he would tell the manager. We wound up blowing $30 and going to another place for dinner. We would never go back.