“Okay Mexican food, get there early for the early-bird”

Zapata's Border Cafe
Ranked #120 of 339 Restaurants in Port Saint Lucie
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
E. St. Louie
“Okay Mexican food, get there early for the early-bird”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Three couples including us stopped here after a Cardinal-Mets Spring training game.
We all picked from the early menu. $9.99 for an entree and a cup of soup. They also had two for one beers. (The catch to me is that the first draft beer costed $4.99 and the next one was the free one. I think $5 for a 330 ml beer is steep.
Do you?)
We all had a Mexican entree. All served with rice and beans.
The food was okay and to everyone's liking. No complaints from anyone.
We all thought that we have had better bur better was at places like San Diego and Fairmount City Illinois. Epi-centers of Mexican food.

• Visited March 2013

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great local mexican restaurant”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The prices are pretty reasonable and the salsa and chips are good. It's definitely an easier place to bring kids. I second camille49's review. :)

• Visited January 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Delicious Mexican Fare at fair prices”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've never had a bad meal at Zapata's. This local joint has delicious dishes at reasonable prices, a warm atmosphere, and friendly service. Servers bring out chips and salsa as soon as you are seated. Combo specials allow you to try various Mexican standards like enchiladas, tostadas, burritos, etc., and there are always daily specials.

Visited September 2012
Fort Pierce
“Date Night with Hubby”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had taco salad which was amazing! Frozen margaritas were expensive but really good. I had two, next time only one because of the cost.

• Visited November 2012
Port St. Lucie, Florida
“Food Served Cool but Tasty”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Six of us were served and five dishes came out just fine. However my "frihitas " came out cool. No sizzling dish, no smell, not much taste. I sent it back and they offered to re-heat. I said no and ordered a taco. I'll try it again, but with a coupon.

Visited November 2012