“Disappointing Stay........ this time”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Disappointing Stay........ this time”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stay in this hotel 3-4 times a year. Usually I give it a 4 or 5 rating for all the right reasons, but not this time.
The last two times I've been there I had constant WiFi issues, either it wouldn't connect without a phone call to the carrier, after being told by the desk person, "I don't know, sir." Every time I've stayed there I have an issue with this one..... the morning of checkout, which doesn't have to happen until at least 9am, my daggum internet code doesn't work because it's been changed! Irritating!
Wanted to take a shower before going out, walk in the bathroom, turn on the shower water, the water that comes is brackish, if not dirty brown.... but here's the best part, the faucet is facing OUTBOARD OF THE TUB, causing water to spray out on the floor. The plumbing fixture was lose, away from the wall. I twisted it back in place but that's not something the should happen here. Anyway, I let the water, it clears up, take my shower, and we go out for the evening. After driving 13 hours this day I'm interested in a quite dinner and come back to watch some TV before crashing. Not happening........ TV has a green screen, so after playing with it awhile, I call the desk. The person is "so sorry" it happened, explained there was some issues with cable, recommended I unplug the tube, wait a few minutes, and behold it worked. Ah, we're not done, there's no channel guide in the room, so I trapse downstairs, pick one up.......
There is a charming lady named Cecilia who works here in the "breakfast" area. She's been there for several years, always has a smile on her face, and frankly is likely to be the reason we stay here again. Oh, one more thing, they have a breakfast each day...... the issue is with the eggs they prepare..... they are ALWAYS soggy. GM, Please correct this!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dan P, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We strive to make every guest happy and comfortable.

Because we value your continued committment to our hotel, I am offering an upgrade at no additional charge on your next visit with us.

Again, I sincerely apologize and hope you will continue to visit with us in the future.

Milie Feliciano, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dracut, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in October for his birthday we had so much fun it was so quiet and peaceful .I loved that it was close to everything and that we could walk to the restaurants around the hotel .We enjoyed the breakfast that they provided the staff that they had overseeing the breakfast were so friendly they didn't have bacon out and all we had to do was ask and they said give me a few minutes, they had no problem doing what we asked even thought it wasn't part of the options laid out, it felt like they went out of their way to serve and that was and awesome feeling.My boyfriend and I work our butts off 30 -40 hours a week and rarely see each-other, so to go to a place that's clean,people are friendly and respond quickly to any request is a BLESSING . I also have to add that the rooms were clean the beds were comfortable and the pool i believe felt heated which was awesome since we always alternate between the hottub and the pool also the pool faced the parking lot but it still felt private which is important if you want a little privacy .If your looking for a place to stay that makes you feel like royalty go there .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, front desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
The breakfast ladies, Anna and Cecelia, will be thrilled to read your comments. Their goals are always to make the guests feel welcolmed, and appreciated. We are pleased you selected our hotel for your boyfriends birthday celebration, and we are happy to hear you will be back. We look forward to seeing you in the furture.
Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with a large group of friends for a sports event. The location Is close to shopping, restaurants near to hotel, staff is very good attention (Maggie y Millie). The breakfast was very good and i enjoyed the room. My only complaint is no space for a largo grupo to relax. We will be staying here next year Thank you!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dan P, front desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We value your loyalty, and we look forward to serving your group in the future. We are pleased to hear that your stay was great. Thank you for taking the time to complete the review.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Location is ideal for travelers off of I95. Lots of restaurants very close by. Hotel is very attractive, public area clean. The front desk clerk Kelly was friendly, helpful and made sure I was satisfied with my room. The room itself was very nice, microwave & frig, nice reading chair, clean and comfortable. The morning breakfast was better than average, I had never seen a pancake making machine but it was great at turning out hot pancakes, attendant kept everything refilled and clean. Wish I had been hungry enough to try the hot cinnamon buns. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: didn't see any bad rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
We are pleased to hear that your stay was a great one. Please know your feedback is valuable to us, and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each guest experience the best it can be.
Fruitland Park, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We fell asleep almost immediately. Convenient to shopping and athletic fields. This hotel is very accomodating for sports teams. HOT breakfast gives them a great start in the morning. Restaurants / Bowling Alley / Fun Center within walking distance. Can't get better than that!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dan P, front desk clerk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review regarding your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are happy to hear that your stay was comfortable for you. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

we stayed here for overnight to travel to Miami. It's a good hotel to stay. only positive remarks. The hotel is great.. the location however is not so. there's absolutely nothing to do then to eat or shop.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We are pleased to hear that your stay was a great one. We look forward to you staying with us again during your travels.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I normally avoid the type of area that has all corporate chain restaurant and hotels. But we were tired and it was late so we ended up at this place.

They were very nice to us, gave us a good rate, got us into a room relatively quickly. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, everything worked. No complaints or problems.

There was nothing outstanding in my mind, but I don't need or expect that. I'd have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear our service met your expectations. We appreciate the review, and we are happy to hear you will be back.