“Uncompromising-Franchise specific policies not consistent to most Holiday Inns”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on June 25th without making an online reservation. This hotel's policy will not honor any military discounts if you appear without a reservation. This is their own franchise policy. They photocopy your Driver's license unlike others that only view it. Additionally, they copied military ID and told me their manager would call me which they never did. This practice of having hard copies of our ID which can be compromised if they are irresponsible with our personal information is obviously worrisome.

Instead, we spent 8 subsequent days across town at the Holiday Inn who did honor my husband's military contribution to this country. As a last resort we had to stay here on our last day before leaving PSL.

The quality of this hotel has also declined over the last year. Bathrooms have mildew around edge tub and top of shower area around the ceiling peeling.

Mis-information was also of concern. Employee had to look up cancellation policy. I'll utilize my Hilton honors rather than staying at this hotel. My husband's priority Club membership was not honored as it is at other Hilton Hotels with upgrade to our room. Because we were only staying 1 night we just toughed it out but we agree that this hotel will be our last resort when traveling to Port St. Lucie.

Room Tip: Book on line to ensure proper billing-this hotel will not correct any mistakes. Manager not on site...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Jan M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize you were not satisfied with our hotel policy when it comes to military discounts. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for the issues you had with your in-room bathroom which affected your stay negatively. We assure you that your personal information is 100% secured and confidential and we make every possible effort to provide world class experience. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent stay.
The hotel is spotless ,very friendly staff,free breakfast (average but convenient),good Wi Fi,
quiet location on cul de sac with several restaurants and entertainment (cinemas,bowling ,sports bar) within one minute walk, easy parking,close to major highways but no noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had some family come in town so I had them staying in this Holiday Inn. I had a phenomenal experience with this hotel. I don't know how long this location has been around, but everything was sparkling clean and looked very new. The check-in was very friendly and easy. The young lady in the front (Rebecca) was knowledgeable about the area and eager to help. The location is outstanding. You are walking distance to a variety of retsaurants and a shopping plaza!

Room Tip: Explore the area by walking to the different restaurants!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very good sleep, wake up call was off by about 5min. But overall i would refer this place to aneyone. Parking was ok in the morning but a little tight in the evening. I had bissness meetings on and off most of the day, so i got to see housekeeping,maintance, and front desk employees more than regular , and thay all seemed veary happy . Two thums up.

Room Tip: Top floor has good view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a newer property so the hotel is in excellent condition. I'm not sure if it was because of our Priority Club status, but they gave us a corner room. It was amazingly quiet. The breakfast was great. This hotel is in a very nice area. There is a bowling alley across the street if you have kids. There are tons of nice restaurants within walking distance, even more within a short drive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oak Forest, Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were taking a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale but the Holiday Inn Express we booked in Ft. Lauderdale only had the last night available. In searching their website I found this one which is not too far from Ft. Lauderdale. It was a typical Holiday Inn Express which are clean, spacious, have pools and a great breakfast. My husband raved about the breakfast which is very unusual. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Guilderland, New York, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I have stayed in hotel previously but this time was a little surprising. The gentleman who checked us in seemed to be having a stressful day based on the way he greeted us. I had made the reservation on line so all he did was swipe my credit card and handed me the normal packet with our keys. Never mentioned the room, which was written down on the packet, nor did he advise us that we needed a code to access their (free) wi-fi.
Prior to checking out, I asked to extend my stay one night and was advised by a different person that I would have to call the holiday inn 800#. I asked again,"do you mean you can't make a reservation for me"? The answer was, no!
In all honesty, it wasn't that big of a deal but this stay deserved no more then 3stars(3 little circles filled in)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidFialkoff
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear DavidFialkoff,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.