“Nice stay, deceitful front desk”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We has a very nice suite with two rooms and two televisions. All was very clean and quite comfortable. When we checked in we were told the times for the breakfast buffet and shown the location. She never mentioned that the buffet was NOT included in our stay. We went down for our included breakfast to find the breakfast buffet costs $8.95 each. It was an embarrassment and I feel we were purposely misled. At our next Holiday Inn stay the information regarding the buffet was given and then the price was told at the start of the stay, as it should always be if the breakfast is not included.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyH1969
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Emily H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of the room and found it comfortable. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the confusion over the breakfast and rate information. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into and will be discussed with the staff. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a event at this hotel. I book the event in October of 2012, for & $389.00 with $100.00 refundable if I return the room back clean, in which I did. I was given a reasonable price from the manager on site In October. I was given the price of $389.00 because at the time business was slow for the Hotel. . I made three separate payment for the use of the room and had everything paid 5 days before the event. That night the hotel was trying to give me another contract to fill out, but I refuse to sign another contract due to I had an originally one and I knew the agreement. Three days after the event I found out that the Hotel went into my bank account and took out $433.27. When I called them about this matter they said they put the money back into my account. Not only that they refuse to give me back my $100.00 refund. Today is day three and the bank have contacted me and told the money was not reversed. I took my contract to the bank to show proof of my contact. Because I had my contract I was able to do a dispute for this matter. I normally don't do reviews but I don't want to see this happen to anyone else. Oh, another thing that you need to know when calling them about your problem they will shift the blame, and play you like your stupid so if you stay with them or plan an event make sure you keep all your paper work. Also, we had to put up, and put away the chairs and table. To be on the safe side just use cash. Don't give them your Credit Card or go to another Hotel, if you don't then keep an eye on your card. I hope this help you...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank N S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Natalie S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Port Saint Lucie, FL.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Only stayed one night but I was pleasantly surprised with the comfortable room and hotel facilities. The bowling alley across the road from the hotel was an added bonus. Staff were helpful and polite and breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RayH301
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I would like to thank Rosanne Pruneddu for being so warm and nice when we arrived at this property location. She was very friendly and made us feel welcome each time we entered and exited the hotel. Always nice and professional.
Regards,
Charlotte Cook

Room Tip: Our room was very clean and quiet. No complaints.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerry Z
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent the weekend here and it was the nicest place we have stayed in recently. Front deck was very friendly and helpful. Had a great breakfast with many items to make you happy. Our room was very spacious and very clean. We would stay it again. It was an excellent choice. Across the street is also a Ruby Tuesdays and Outback.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your excellent rating and kind review. We pride oursleves on customer service here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Please stop in and see next time you are in town. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here for a week on business and found it to be a good value overall. Things I did not like about this hotel are; no refrig in room ( I did find out they could bring one to room on request), exposed closet so not able to put clothes out of sight and gym was extremely small. What I liked best was the restaurant for breakfast and the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My parents and I stayed at this hotel and it was very nice. Huge, comfortable rooms. Big bathroom. Very nice continental breakfast. Unfortunately we were in town for a funeral, but it was very convenient, right off the highway and in an area with plenty of restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family