Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port St. Lucie West
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
New York, NY
“Liars & Theives!”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I had booked a reservation using a Intercontinental Friends & Family Rate, which I believe to have been prepaid. We were in town to catch a Mets Spring Training Game.

My wife (who was feeling under the weather) & I arrive to the check in only to be told that our stay was not prepaid, which took us by surprise. At this point, the manager allows us to use the computer in the business center to go online & check our credit card account. Low & behold, there was no charge on our account.

Since they told us we didn't have a prepaid reservation and my wife wasn't feeling well, she preferred that we drive an hour south so we can go back to her mom's house to stay the night.

We tell the front desk clerk that we are just going to leave. We thought, that was the end of that.

A few weeks pass and we see that the room is charged to my wife's credit card statement. Of course, we file a dispute with the credit card company.

The hotel claims that we still had a reservation that valid, despite even though the front desk clerk and the manager never told us anything to that effect. WHY DIDN'T THE CLERK TELL US THIS TO OUR FACE WHEN WE TOLD HER WE WERE LEAVING?

The hotel literally lied to the credit card company, which denied our claim (We are now in the midst of an appeal)

I BEG of you to stay elsewhere in PSL. This experience has not only soured me on staying at a Holiday Inn Express in the future but the entire Intercontinental chain of hotel.

This hotel is run by liars & thieves.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coreynyc72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My husband and I loved this hotel. Not a Four Seasons, for sure, but you cannot go wrong for the price or location. The hotel was immaculate. Beds comfortable, HVAC worked fine, free breakfast was adequate. Staff very friendly. Could have used more lounge chairs at the pool and the "fitness center" left something to be desired, but you can't beat the location - it was a 15 minute walk to the ballpark, which eliminated all the parking hassles. Across the street, literally, from Duffy's. Also, several local and chain restaurants were nearby within walking distance, as were two malls. Beach, however, (Jense Beach) was a disappointing 40 minute drive. Since you can't have both beach and ballpark at one location, we'd go for ballpark.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mollypuddy
Wash., DC
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Stayed here to attend a New York Mets spring training game. Stadium is less than one mile down the street. Hotel looks very new and is surrounded by everything one would need to survive - restaurants, shopping, gas stations, etc. Very Quiet. Helpful staff - thanks Mandy!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Metsin2007
Reviewed November 10, 2010

1. This hotel is only one year old.
2. Management keeps it very well maintained.
3. Our room, hallways, lobby and breakfast room were sparkly clean.
4. Comfortable beds with very clean linen.
5. Great cleaning crew, very helpful front desk staff.
6. The best breakfast room attendant (Kathy) – professional, fast, courteous and attentive.
7. Great quality breakfast for the hotel of this level; many items were freshly made.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank Irisha-FL
Patchogue
Reviewed July 1, 2010

The hotel was clean , the staff was friendly , The room was clean with a microwave and refrige. What else could i ask for.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank dremur
Manasquan, NJ
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Nice, new hotel very close to US 95 and Met spring training games. Can walk to games in about 15- 20 minutes. Had a free continental breakfast that was good. Across the street from Duffy's Sports Bar and a mall that had plenty of chain resturants and Walmart. Had fridge in room. Staff was nice and helpful. I would recommend for going to games or business travel. Not much to do in area except Mets from what I could see. You can drive down to Hutchinson's Island/Jensen Beach but it takes about 30 - 40 minutes.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hayward1957
New York
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I doubt I will ever stay here again. I do not like misleading ads. The website says separate living room and free newspaper. I pointed this out to the man at front desk. he told me I was wrong, so I brought my netbook down and showed him. He then showed me the fine print that said this wasn't available in all rooms. Plus, the cable is bad. They cannot provide you with the correct channels, and they do not have bravo or usa. And most hotels keep coffee out all day for guests. Theirs is removed at 9:30 am. I am on vacation and would like to sleep past 9:30 am. Also, not required but the other hotels in area work it out so their guests can use the local gym, they do not.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo