“Well done!”

Residence Inn Port St. Lucie
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
“Well done!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Look at the rooms on their website. It is an accurate picture!
The staff that greets you is very friendly and welcoming.
The rooms are very comfy and homey with a contemporary flair.
The kids LOVE the pool, lots of sitting area for dining, as well as a grill!
Conveniently located, with a Carabas you can walk to.
It's pet friendly!!!!
We walked our pups down to The store and back. It's a nice area with sidewalks.
Nearby there's a Walgreens, Walmart , Wendy's, dunkin donuts, subway, and a host of other convenient stores and restaurants.
We chose it, as it was just off of the exit from I 95, on our way to the keys. It was a nice spot to stay along our way.
Very accommodating and friendly!!!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in a 1-bdrm suite and cannot believe how much we got for the price. Free parking, good hot breakfast, manager's reception that is really dinner, available coin laundry with free laundry supplies, free admission to LA fitness (just show your room key) . . . amazing value. The room was large and comfortable. With breakfast and dinner, I cannot see the need for the kitchen, but it was nice to have a full sized refrigerator. The sink/vanity area is open to the bedroom with the toilet and tub/shower in a small room was ok. The bed was very comfortable -- kudos for not having extraneous fashion pillows. Internet was adequate for streaming thinks on your laptop and there is a business lounge with free access to two computers and printers. The entire facility is well maintained and nicely decorated. We also liked the pool area, which was somewhat small but never crowded and the pool hours are 6a-11p. But the best thing was the very helpful staff--they made all the difference.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lanexa, Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had business in Port St. Lucie and decided to stay overnight instead of returning ot Orlando. I've stayed at Residence Inn's before but this was particualry wonderful. The social night dinner had great NY Pizza from a local restaurant and unlimited beer and wine. Tracy - who works the social and breakfast was the best! She made sure there was plenty of food for everybody and did a great job of anticiapting our needs. Hotel also has a great outdoor seating are by the pool with a fire pit. I had a one bedroom king suite that was immaculate and cozy. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Only comment I could make was the hotel is pet friendly and had a number of dogs staying there. It w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised--even wowed--by this property! The common areas and rooms are clean and well-maintained (although they could vacuum the elevators more often and there are scuffs and worn places here and there). Every staffer we met was professional, yet friendly, and eager to extend excellent customer service. The amenities add a lot of value--each room is an over-sized suite with kitchen (fully appointed with dishes, cookware, serving pieces, etc.) and nice living area, lots of well-placed outlets for charging gadgets, a large flat screen TV for viewing from the comfortable living area or bed and comfortable bed with nice linens. The bath area is spacious. The hotel offers free Internet and complimentary breakfast and a dinner with beer and wine (most days, excluding weekends, I think). There is a pool. The hotel is well-located with lots of big box retail, restaurants and cinema nearby.

In sum, the Residence Inn Port St. Lucie was a highlight hotel stay during our roadtrip along the eastern coast.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I arrived the time of check in and my room wasn't ready. I had to wait about 15 min to check-in. I stayed on the 1st floor and the room was wonderful. It has a full kitchen, table/chairs, sofa and chair, and in the studio there is a 1/2 wall between the living room and the king bed and on this 1/2 wall is the TV which is on a turnstile, so you can keep it facing the living room or the bed - that was really nice. The bathroom is very big and has a dressing area and closet and the sink is there. It has granite counter tops and the kitchen has a 2 burner stove, no oven, full fridge, dishwasher and sink and microwave. This Residence Inn is right off I 95 and that is just great for me. There are tons of places to eat and lots of shopping centers there, it is just an ideal place to stay. I will be booking there again when I come to visit my brother and sister-in-law.

Room Tip: You don't need to pay the extra price for a one bdr b/c the studio has all of what the 1bdr does...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have been a loyal Marriott Residence Inn guest for as many years as the chain exists. I am a road warrior traveler and hate being in a hotel room with just a bed and straight back chair. I like having a living room to lounge in and watch TV and the option of cooking my own dinner rather than eating out. So wherever I travel, if there is an RI, without a doubt I stay there. Thus, I am quite familiar with the hotel chain of properties.

They vary to some degree starting with the oldest ones that had building clusters each with four rooms on the first floor and outdoor steps up to four rooms on the second floor. These were more apartment style living and furnished accordingly. Then Marriott moved to more modern versions, hotel style with interior hallways. Some of the newest properties are ultra modern to the point that I don't find the furnishings or decorations comfortable or feel at home. This property is somewhere in between.

The total living area bedroom, living room and kitchen is "adequate" but much scaled down from the majority of properties I have stayed at. I find the living room furniture a bit uncomfortable to curl up on the couch or sit in the easy chair to watch TV or read a book. A pleasant surprise was the stainless steel refrigerator and full function dishwasher; one that has functions like pot scrubber, heavy duty wash, etc. Most properties have the cheapest version of a dishwasher and most times the dishes don't come fully clean. The carpet in Room 605 in the living room has spots and should be cleaned. The back of the desk chair is worn down through the fabric. If my stay had been longer, I would have complained to have them fixed or change rooms.

The most disappointing was the lack of kitchen furnishings. At all the other RI's, the kitchens contain mixing bowls, collendar, beverage pitcher, potato peeler, cork screw, linen placements / napkins. None of these are provided at this location. Maybe they are upon request, but one shouldn't have to go to that effort. Also, the rooms do NOT have ovens, just a two burner glass cook top. I inquired at the front desk and was informed that a few, select one bedroom suites have them (but that was not an option when I booked online) so if that's important to you, call ahead and have them blocked such a room for you.

Be sure to get a room number that is odd and on the fourth to sixth floor. This will give you a lovely, scenic open view out the window as opposed to looking at a bunch of apartments / town homes on the other side of the building.

I went down for the complimentary morning breakfast buffet forty-five minutes before the end time so it is not like I showed up at the very last minute. It was utter chaos. Guests standing all around trying to figure out what to do because at least 50 percent of the normal breakfast items were not restocked including ALL three of the hot dishes (eggs, bacon, potatoes). It appeared to be understaffed and disorganized. And all the empty tables in the dining area needed to be cleaned.

Lastly, I called the front desk before 10am and asked if housekeeping could make up my room early, if at all possible, as I had conference calls with clients in the afternoon. I told them I realize the priority is to clean rooms first for check outs but if they could fit me in, I would appreciate it. I was told no problem.

I returned to my room 3 1/2 hours later and it was not made up. I called the front desk and spoke to the same person who remembered me. I said I was not upset but just wanted to make sure that housekeeping did not misunderstand my request and think that I was asking them to "skip" my room today. She said that was not the case and assured me someone would be right up. Thirty minutes later someone appeared. Again, unlike other RI properties, housekeeping service varied. To do them a favor, I had already run the dishwasher. Any other property, housekeeping services included unloading the dishwasher, but not here. And I was in the room while it was being cleaned and very minimal cleaning, if any, was done in the toilet or bathtub area or tile floor areas.

So all in all, it is not a bad hotel, but just doesn't match the level of service and amenities of other Residence Inn properties.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but I would call ahead and speak to the general manager in an attempt to avoid the problems I encountered on this short 2 night stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank William W
pgilray, General Manager at Residence Inn Port St. Lucie, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. I truly apologize we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I certainly appreciate your feedback in helping us improve our hotel and I'm glad you will give us another opportunity to earn your business. I do have your information on file and will contact you directly.
UK
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We flew in an out of Miami and wanted to go up to Orlando while in Florida and needed a hotel that was half way between the two places and this hotel was ideally located. Its roughly 104 miles from Miami and 124 from Orlando so was just over 2 hours drive each way. The hotel is set off the road and was convenient to the Freeway. Although not far from the main road the traffic noise was not a problem and we hardly noticed it at all. It has its own swimming pool and restaurant on site with ample free parking. We had a suite room with its own self contained kitchen, double sofa bed in the same room with a King Bed in the other. The room was very clean and we had no problems while there. There is no safe in the room but you can leave your valuables in a safety deposit box at reception. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable of the local area. We wanted to go shopping and were looking for a fairly big shopping Mall and the receptionist recommended a few the biggest one being about a 45 minute drive away but well worth it.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area, McDonald's and Wendy's are close by and there was a TGI Fridays a short drive away to name but a few. There is a Garage literally on the doorstep and a huge Walmart over the road. Port St Lucie is a lovely area and if you are looking for a stop off between Miami and Orlando I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family