“ahhh, serenity!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Port Saint Lucie
Fort Pierce, Florida
“ahhh, serenity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I am a single mother of a beautiful 21 month old. Being a single mom, everyone tells you to make time for yourself. In April that is just what I did. I am a local resident that wanted to "get away" for a night but on a budget. I chose to stay at the Residence in located in Port St. Lucie. It was the perfect evening. The hotel was beautiful and very accomodating. The bed was very comfy and the black out shades made it very nice to sleep in to the unheard of 10:30 am. I left my stay feeling very relaxed and refreshed. i would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. It lacks nothing. Friendly staff, clean, affordable, accomodating and in a great location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Stuart, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

This place is phenomenal. I use the one (1) bedroom suite to actually hold interviews. I can close the bedroom door, still allowing access to the bathroom. The set up is perfect. Desk, dining room table with two chairs, couch and easy chair. Large area so everyone is comfortable. The kitchen allows me to offer a drink to an interviewee and also have appetizers or lunch . I require early check in and the staff always accomodates me. In the evening, I get to use the pool and there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
BAY SHORE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I love Residence Inns because they are roomy and nice. When we first pulled up to this one, I was put off by all the dog walkers. I usually prefer hotels that are pet UNFRIENDLY. Although the elevators had a doggy smell, the rest of the hotel was immacuate. The complimentary breafast was good. I suggest they put pet owners on floor one to keep the pets out of the elevators/ There are reasonable restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WordlyTraveler44
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We were golfing in the area so didn't need a beach or upmarket hotel. This location was perfect for us with lots of restaurants and shops close by. Although it's located beside the highway we never heard any noise. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were spotless and well appointed. We extended our stay 2 nights because we enjoyed it so much. Breakfasts changed every day and they even had a reception some nights. The hotel we'd come from in Ft Lauderdale was much more expensive (of course different type of location) but still....this place was excellent for the price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

The entire staff were great. The assistant manager Nathalia was the best. After the second day most people at the desk were calling us by our first names. Had to be one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in. I worked for Marriott for seven years and stayed then and to this day only in Marriotts and this was by far the best we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I've stayed here several times on business trips. The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are spacious and relatively new (hotel opened in 2009). The staff is very friendly. With a laundry room downstairs, a breakfast buffet in the morning and free access to a local gym, it would be ideal for both short and long-term stays, except for one major problem. The internet connection is consistently terrible. It's slow to the point where it's almost unusable. If you don't need to use the internet much during your stay, then I'd definitely recommend this place. But if you need a high-speed internet connection, you might want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dublin, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

This is our second stay at this hotel. The first stay was great. We received the room we had reserved and they put us away from I-95 as requested. This time, we received a handicapped room facing I-95. You can hear the trucks from inside the room. Also, a
handicapped room has a shower that has no water barrier for it to flood the toilet/shower
room. This is very dangerous for people NOT in a wheelchair. Not only is it dangerous, we spent 10-15 minutes mopping up the floor so we could use the toilet without slipping. We had to each do this after every shower! We spoke to several front desk
personnel, and was told there was nothing they could do for us. BAD customer service
to Marriott silver reward members. We will not stay at this hotel again. A guest should
not be forced into a handicapped room unless it is requested. And then to top it all off,
we were charged $50 more than my AAA rate. They did adjust the rate for me after I had
to go to the front desk and request the change.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple