“Another great water experience in CSB”

Happy Ours Kayak and Bike Outpost
Magnolia Springs, AL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Another great water experience in CSB”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We were there in April and looking for activities to do with our two 55-lb. dogs. Dan fixed us up with a metal canoe so that we could explore the bay, and we had a great time paddling around, and found a nice beachy island for the pups to run around a bit. We saw rays and lots of starfish, which was something we had never seen on our Alabama Gulf Coast. Not sure what happened with the set of negative reviewers below, but our experience was very positive. We'll do it again next time we're in CSB. If I remember correctly, Dan said that they even have a kennel available if you have your dog with you but would rather not take it out on the bay.

Visited April 2011
3 Thank funkypuppet

Port St. Joe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Absolutely the best activity in the Port St. Joe area”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I have rented kayaks a couple of times from Happy Ours on Cape San Blas and each time it was a great experience. I reccommend this outfitter to anyone wanting to get out and see the real beauty of Northwest Florida. The last time I rented, I took my father, who is in his 70's and quite a large man. Dan and Debbie were so very helpful and friendly and made this a wonderful father-daughter experience I will always treasure. Thanks for such a great experience. Keep up the excellent service!

Visited April 2011
3 Thank Saberkitty
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stay away.....”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Owners are rude rude rude.....Not helpful at all with beginners.

3 Thank Firemannick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Do not go here!!!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Debbie and Dan are both extremely rude. We stopped be the day before to make sure we would be OK in the kayaks as we only had 2 adults with 4 kids and were reassured that we would be fine. On the day of the trip we arrived only to be scolded that sunscreen should be applied before arriving along with various other snide comments and remarks. After getting in the boats we were given very little instruction on how to operate the kayak. We were then told by Dan " I've told you everything I can tell you"...really seems to me that their is more to learn about kayaking in 5 minutes or so. After attempted to kayak out of the bay with very little success we returned to more rude comments from both Dan and Debbie. They did return our money wish I guess was some grand gesture according to Debbie but I would have much rather had a "happy" experience. Do yourself avoid this place and avoid your children's tears on the way home.

14 Thank Azkmommy
Cape San Blas, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Business doesn't seem to grasp the concept of customer service”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This is our second trip to Cape San Blas and we have experienced excellent customer service from all the other companies we used except his one. Unless you like to be berated and hung up on then I wouldn't recommend you contact this company. They must be under the mistaken notion that there are no other places to call for rentals. Luckily we were able to find plenty of other vendors who were more than "happy" to answer our questions and take our money. Save yourself from unnecessary rudeness and choose anyone else.

Visited August 2011