“The Sunset Coastal Grill is great!”

Sunset Coastal Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I have eaten at the Sunset Coastal several times each year since they opened about ten years ago. Our last visit was for lunch several weeks ago. I had their grilled mahi sandwich with fries and my wife chose the same grilled fish on a bed of salad greens. We were both delighted with our meals and the service was as excellent as it always is. The views of Saint Joseph Bay from the main dining room is awesome and one I never tire of seeing. I heartily endorse the Sunset Coastal Grill for either lunch or dinner.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We went for dinner. It was very pricey. Not sure if I would go back for dinner. But I have heard they have lunch specials. So we might consider going back for lunch next time we a down there!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We've eaten here a number of times over the past several years and have always been satisfied - sometimes more, sometimes less - but always looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

On several occasions in the past, we tried to get into this restaurant but found it closed. Saturday, 12/07/13, was our day. We were in Port St. Joe at lunch time and found the restaurant open, so we had lunch there. My wife ordered one of their lunch specials called Grouper Andoullie, which was tasty and served in a very generous portion. I ordered the Grilled Shrimp Plate, with fries, which was also very good. There were 7 nice sized shrimp on the plate. Service was pretty quick and we sat in the back room which over looks the gulf. It was a very nice setting and the restaurant was nicely appointed.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The five of us arrived in Cape San Blas at dusk after long, long, drives. We were tired and didn't feel like driving very far. Sunset Coastal Grill was recommended so we decided to go there. The food was good but not spectacular. Three of us had SCG Shrimp. The shrimp were tasty as were the fresh pea pods. Another had the SCG Shrimp appetizer with a spicy sauce - it was OK. My father-in-law had the shrimp and grits - he left most of it.

Our waiter was very nice, so maybe we were too tired to truly enjoy our dinner.